The End of the Chinese Dream

Iamanidiot

nothing about the Chinese is remotely sustainable regime and economy.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
There is always some people who are left behind. This is not new.
The question is not wether this is good or bad, but how to create a safety net.
So far few countries has managed to do that. Even among developed countries.
OK.

But what is the reality?

ice berg

Where is the bashing? What sense does it make to destroy and rebuild just to make sure a few people are employed and keep their mouth shut? It means the CPC has no clue on how else to provide jobs for its millions of people. Come on who are we kidding here. You have been hogging steel like no tomorrow in your lame projects which have no economic sense. But yes the rest of the world got hurt because of the rise in steel prices. And whats more, my state got screwed of its iron ore because of your demand for steel. I dont blame your country for my state, but mentioning it as an effect of your countries dubious construction spree.
First, it is not my country. Thus i cant speak for it.
second, i already explained it, if you bother to read it more carefully.
Anything is better than not have a job at all. If you dont understand it, it only means you live in a privileged family who never had to deal with unemployment and providing food to the family. Well, good for you!
Not everyone is that lucky though. They have to take shitty jobs to survive. FOr them, any paying job is better than nothing. Is this that hard to understand?

Regarding CCPs ability to provide jobs for its millions of people, what is your suggestion here? If you do have solutions of how China or India gonna create millions of jobs, i am sure we wont have this debate.

Together , they account for one third of worlds population.
To create enough jobs for the coming generation is one of the toughest challenge for both goverments.
I dont have the solution. I doubt you have it either.
If you do, i can recommand you a tour to the US or Europe. I hear they got some problems with high unemplyment. :thumb:
Regarding the last one, there is always gonna be winners and losers because of the Chinese expansion. I am not sure what your point is? That the chinese expansion only gonna bring positive effects to India? Sorry, no can do. Some will benefit, others will lose. This is the way of life.

Last edited:

ice berg

OK.

But what is the reality?
A trip to China will be better than anything I write here. Since you like to read about China instead of ever visiting it. I have no answer for you.

badguy2000

Respected Member
A trip to China will be better than anything I write here. Since you like to read about China instead of ever visiting it. I have no answer for you.
most of Indians who have visited China become bashers of hindustan-sytle democracy....hahah

tony4562

Tihar Jail
Banned
Sir didnt visit their rural areas. I was short on time. But yes the working conditions in their factories are not good. I mean very much third world like. The wages are not that good. For instance my Principle in Taiwan who opened a factory in China as well to take advantage of cheap labor told me the what takes him $800-1000 on a Taiwanese worker in his factory costs him less than $300.

The little that i saw of the rural side is just like India. The thing about the Chinese is that they will not allow "a Dharavi" in "a Mumbai" and move it out somewhere far.
Is $300 a month that bad? How many in India make that much? Do these little fellows make 300 dollars a month?:

I have a colleague who is from Portugal, a EU country. He told me his cousin works as a teacher there and earns 400 Euro a month (that was before the financial crisis, who knows how mch she makes now).

Tianshan

It means the CPC has no clue on how else to provide jobs for its millions of people.
if that is true then you really have nothing to worry about.

so don't bother trying to catch up with china, because if what you said is true, then we will surely collapse very soon.

no need to spend any effort

badguy2000

Respected Member
Is $300 a month that bad? How many in India make that much? Do these little fellows make 300 dollars a month?:

I have a colleague who is from Portugal, a EU country. He told me his cousin works as a teacher there and earns 400 Euro a month (that was before the financial crisis, who knows how mch she makes now).
hehe, it seems taht MR' Yusuf's try to show us that most of Indians could earn more than 300USD/month.

cir

These pages are filled with jealousy。

China must be doing extremely well to attract the attention of so many green-eyed monsters。:rofl:

lemontree

Professional
Between unemployment and get paid, even it is to domolish and rebuild. What will you choose?
Any job is better than no job at all. Nobody is forcing you to do those shitty jobs.
But that does not make good economic sense.

lemontree

Professional
These pages are filled with jealousy。

China must be doing extremely well to attract the attention of so many green-eyed monsters。:rofl:
My good man...this is the China affairs thread so we discuss China here not Japan.
Please explain why is China so scared of re-valuation of the Renminbi? ...too scared of competing in the real world economics?

Iamanidiot

I always had a very low opiinion about Indian babus when they calculated consumer price index for inflation.Now the CCP takes statistical cooking to a whole another level :respect:

ice berg

But that does not make good economic sense.
What does make good economic sense then? And who is to judge that? China got 1,3 billion people. Which country are you compare them with?
THe chinese way of doing things is not perfect. No denying it.
But what is the alternative?
From one of the poorest nation in the world to the world second largest economy in mere decades. I am sure they must have done something right.

ice berg

I always had a very low opiinion about Indian babus when they calculated consumer price index for inflation.Now the CCP takes statistical cooking to a whole another level :respect:
I am sure statistical cooking alone wont bring them to the second largest economy in mere decades. Guess we have to agree to disagree here then. :namaste:

Iamanidiot

What does make good economic sense then? And who is to judge that? China got 1,3 billion people. Which country are you compare them with?
THe chinese way of doing things is not perfect. No denying it.
But what is the alternative?
From one of the poorest nation in the world to the world second largest economy in mere decades. I am sure they must have done something right.
Can you sustain such practices indefinnitely ?Sustainability never strikes you huh!

ice berg

Can you sustain such practices indefinnitely ?Sustainability never strikes you huh!
No, but who has ever claimed that? Everyone knows that you cant have doube digits growth indefinitely.

It will be a transition from a developing world to a developed world. How and when is the question.

Iamanidiot

I am sure statistical cooking alone wont bring them to the second largest economy in mere decades. Guess we have to agree to disagree here then. :namaste:
If digging a hole and filling it up is added to national contribution god knows what other number magic the CCP does.In India most people understate their assets and everything so that the taxmen do not even come near us.You guys are the perennial opposite to us

Iamanidiot

No, but who has ever claimed that? Everyone knows that you cant have doube digits growth indefinitely.

It will be a transition from a developing world to a developed world. How and when is the question.
If you are not sustainable that means you are screwing your populations health,land and environment .By your logic 3 gorges dam is viable because it provided employment but looking at in reality that thing is a monumental tribute megalomania and idiocy

ice berg

If digging a hole and filling it up is added to national contribution god knows what other number magic the CCP does.In India most people understate their assets and everything so that the taxmen do not even come near us.You guys are the perennial opposite to us
Digging a hole and filling it up is a figure of speach. If you think that this is all 1,3billion chinese people do for a living, then i can only feel sorry for you.
Regarding the second part, I am sure the chinese do the same. It is not a big problem yet because income tax is not the main venue of government income.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles