The Demand of separate state Kamtapur in West Bengal

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by Waffen SS, Feb 21, 2014.

1. Waffen SS

Waffen SS New Member

This separate state movement depends on only 1 factor, that is Rajbanshi or Kamrupi language is different from Bengali language.

Is that so?

Bengali language has many dialects-Rari(which is standard now), Borendri, Zharkhandi, Bangali and Kamtapuri. Supporters of separate state say this Kamtapuri is not dialect of Bengali, it is separate language, how ever there are no significant difference between Bengali vocabulary and this's vocabulary, even sentence construction is almost same. Bengali used through out a large area so it is very natural that due to this pronunciation of same language of course can be different, but main sentence construction will be not. Just like Hindi has many dialects, pronunciation different but vocabulary and sentence construction same.

I think the main mistake promoting Rari dialect of Bengali as standard Bengali.

@Ray, @pmaitra, @jackprince, @shom, @fallenwarrior @debasree @arnabmit @praneetbajpaie @mikhail @bose

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2015
  3. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

Read about Koch Dynasty and the Kamata kingdom.

4. praneetbajpaie

praneetbajpaie Tihar Jail Banned

i am opposed to the division in the name of religion and language. That's all I am going to say.

5. debasree

debasree Regular Member

i m totaly against it....how many parts bengal will bew then gurkhas kamtapurs ,,

Waffen SS likes this.
  6. Abhijeet Dey

Abhijeet Dey Regular Member

JAI KAMTAPUR, JAI TELANGANA!!!!!! :drunk:

7. mikhail

mikhail Senior Member Senior Member

well Rajbanshis are basically tribal people of mongoloid stock.there was once a time when they were the majority in the Kingdom of Cooch Behar but since then they have become a minority after Cooch Behar joined the Indian Union due to the influx of a huge number of Bengali immigrants from the erstwhile East Pakistan at that time.
    most of the Rajbangshis speak a variant of Bengali and the medium of the education for the common Rajbangshi masses are either English or Bengali and most of them are totally against this demand for a new state.on the contrary the majority of them see themselves as Bengalis and are happy to be a part of this State.i know this because one of my good friends is an ethnic Rajbangshi and he is strongly against this so called "Liberation" movement started by K.L.O. and he has told me that nearly every Rajbangshi from his village hates the K.L.O. thugs for their criminal behaviour:ranger:

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2015
    Waffen SS likes this.
  8. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

Having postage stamp sized States may not be economically viable.

Aspirations are justifiable, but there are also divisions within those who are asking for their identity to be recognised.

And so it goes on and on!

Last edited: Feb 22, 2014
    Waffen SS likes this.