The Congress is out to demonise the RSS

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by Oracle, Dec 23, 2010.

1. Oracle

Oracle New Member

By demonising the RSS as a terrorist and Nazi-like organisation, the Congress under the leadership of Sonia Gandhi seeks to insult millions of Hindus in this country, warns B Raman

The exercise initiated by Congress president Sonia Gandhi and her cohorts at the just concluded 83rd plenary of the party -- to have the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh projected and demonised as a Hindu terrorist organisation comparable to the Nazi groups of World War II and the more recent Islamic terrorist organisations -- speaks of the mental confusion that prevails at the senior level of her party.

It also highlights the total bankruptcy of thinking and the total indifference to sensitive issues that have become the defining characteristics of the party under her leadership in recent months.

It is a fact that some members of the Hindu community had during the last three or four years taken to acts of reprisal terrorism against the Muslim community at Malegaon, Hyderabad and Ajmer. It also seems to be a fact that the Hindus suspected to have been involved in these acts of reprisal terrorism were ideologically close to some Hindutva groups, including the RSS. The suspected role of some regional office-bearers of the RSS in motivating those Hindus, who had taken to terrorism, is presently under investigation.

But there has been no evidence so far that the RSS as an organisation had any role in encouraging acts of reprisal against Muslims or in motivating those who had taken to terrorism. The RSS and its leaders seem to have been as surprised and embarrassed by the activities of these elements as other sections of Hindu society.

In the past, there had been instances of some Hindus indulging in acts of sporadic violence against Muslims in moments of public anger, but there were no instances of any Hindu or group of Hindus taking to deliberately planned acts of terrorism.

Such deliberate and pre-planned acts of terrorism by elements in the Hindu community, including one or two officers of the armed forces, have been a recent phenomenon triggered off by a growing anger in sections of the Hindu community over what they perceived as inaction or inadequate action of the Congress controlled governments in dealing with acts of terrorism by some members of the Muslim community and by jihadi organisations sponsored by Pakistan's Inter-Services Intelligence.

These acts of reprisal terrorism by some members of the Hindu community called for two-pronged action by the government. Firstly, the arrest and prosecution of those involved and secondly, action to address the causes of anger in the Hindu community.

Instead of doing so, the Congress, by launching an unwise and virulent campaign against the RSS, is going to add to the anger in the Hindu community, large sections of which look upon the RSS as an organisation which has been serving the cause of Hinduism in the land of its origin through its religious, social, cultural and humanitarian work.

The Hindus are in an overwhelming majority in this country and they have a right to have organisations such as the RSS to preserve the heritage of their religion and to protect and nourish their religious roots.

By demonising the RSS as a terrorist and Nazi-like organisation, the Congress under the leadership of Sonia Gandhi seeks to insult millions of Hindus in this country and discredit their heritage in the eyes of the rest of the world.

The anti-RSS campaign of the Congress will not only add to the already existing anger in sections of the Hindu community, but it will also play into the hands of Jihadi terrorists by facilitating their objective of aggravating the divide between Hindu and Muslim communities.

Before this campaign starts damaging the relations between the two communities, the Congress should stop its demonisation of the RSS, which would prove counter-productive.

Source : Rediff.com

3. sesha_maruthi27

sesha_maruthi27 Senior Member Senior Member

Congress is in the work of spoiling the image of RSS for the past 2 decades. But hey are not sucessfull. The INDIAN public is not so stupid to believe them..........

No one has to try for spoiling the name of CONGRESS as they do it by themselves and also in a better way which is possible..............

The entire world has them do that for the past SIX years...........:emot15::emot15:

4. johnee

johnee Elite Member Elite Member

Thats true. As soon as Congress gets power, all its members start fighting within themselves, simultaneously displaying high levels of dynastic sycophancy while the leader tries to portray herself/himself as an incarnation of morals...The drama is highly intolerable.

5. Oracle

Oracle New Member

Sometimes I wonder what was wrong with Rahul Gandhi or what was on his mind when he commented so childishly about the RSS. And now the Congress. If GoI has proof about any mis-doings by the RSS, then it should be brought out in the open and RSS should be held accountable in a court of law. If they are guilty, persecute them. Why play the religious card over and over just for the sake of poaching votes?

6. Tomcat

Tomcat Regular Member

If the RSS is facist then the INCC is uberdecteorial to say the least shall i remind what all the have done to India

1 supported the creation of pakistan (albit scecretly )
    2 killed India Economically from 1950-1990)
    3 shamelesly perverted Seculerism and converted to suckluerism
    4 defaced india in front of China( 1962)
    5 lost 3 freeking chances to take back kashmir
    6 butchered innocent shikhs in 1984 ( damm that bitch indra )
    7 major euro suckups ( currently likes italian pasta)
    and the list is to vast

7. johnee

...impending UP elections...

and/or

the outlook of an outsider ruling the natives...

8. Oracle

Oracle New Member

This is what Khushwant Singh said after the 1984 riots - "RSS has played an honorable role in maintaining Hindu-Sikh unity before and after the murder of Indira Gandhi in Delhi and in other places". "It was the Congress (I) leaders who instigated mobs in 1984 and got more than 3000 people killed. I must give due credit to RSS and the BJP for showing courage and protecting helpless Sikhs during those difficult days. No less a person than Atal Bihari Vajpayee himself intervened at a couple of places to help poor taxi drivers."

Where credit is due, it should be given!

Last edited: Dec 23, 2010
  9. Oracle

Oracle New Member

If that is the thinking of Congress' political elites, then I have nothing to express other than that the Congress should change their psychopathic attitude.
    P.S. I'm Apolitical.

10. Rahul Singh

Rahul Singh Senior Member Senior Member

Indian National Congress is actually trying to create a favorable environment to put a Ban on RSS to win over the confidence of its muslim vote bank. Notwithstanding, the charges they superficially framed is equally hollow like one they had used as a reason to ban RSS in past. In this euphoria Congress is about to forget the fact that every time they had tried to ban RSS the history tells they have came out even more stronger.

11. johnee

Sadly, we dont have the luxury of being apolitical anymore. People get dragged into the games that politicians play at local level, state level, national level or international level. So, its best to be political(not necessarily taking sides)...

12. Tshering22

Tshering22 Sikkimese Saber Senior Member

The problem is Congress is in its extinguishing days and is desperately trying to play religion politics to get back. Scam after scam, fraud after fraud and issues after issues is having their name on it and people are getting fed up of their tyranny everyday. Whether it is supporting certain so-called "oppressed minorities" or it is tarnishing the name of branches of Dharma, Congress is desperate and it is visible in its actions. Its downfall started when Biharis gave a tight slap to Rahul Gandhi's religion politics with his fake tilak that he applies and talks of all anti-Hindu nonsense (the moron conveniently skipped all the questions we asked him about Buddhist persecution in northeast! imagine that!). Bihar is a very conservative state with devout followers and they yearn development, not pseudo-secular fascism, which Nitish has honestly done in the past 5 years.

Now they've been caught with their pants down especially when they are not ready for JPC since all the Swiss bank accounts will come out and people will rip them limb to limb. The very adamant attitude that they are showing in reducing the inflation (which is due to black money) shows what they are upto. Rahul is their last failed attempt. Wait for a couple of more years till election time and we will see Congees die a natural death.

13. Oracle

Oracle New Member

When I say Apolitical, I mean my views are objective and not subjective. If I have to be political, then my views will have to be biased. I criticized the Shiv Sena after their migrant remarks or for another example the Ram Sene, when they hit girls in a Mangalore Pub. Thanks, but no thanks, I don't want to get suckered in this shit called religious Indian politics.

14. johnee

I understand and I agree. Its just that apolitical holds a different meaning than what you were conveying. I think it means that one is not concerned with politics. But all of us, whether we like it or not, are part of Indian politics. It affects us directly and indirectly. We are sucked into everyday in one way or the other. Sure that $hit has religious, regional, caste, linguistic, racial, national...etc tones to it. But thats the nature of this $hit. One can hope it changes, one can work to change it, or one can just live with it. But, whatever, we are part of the $hit.

PS: Eg: Whether one likes or not, Pakistan tries to kill us, just because we are Indians. We cannot run away from such realities...

15. Rahul Singh

Rahul Singh Senior Member Senior Member

Every citizen who is a voter have to be political to understand politics. Without understanding you can rightly caste your vote. Politics is not an untouchable term in original meaning by the way, but unfortunately Congress with its rule for almost 90% of the time since independence has made synonymous to otherwise.