The Coming Collapse of China

pmaitra

No, Deng was not. He was from Cichuan.
He was Hakka, regardless of where he was from. We are talking about his ancestry.

A fine example would be our Mughal Emperors. Excepts Babur, all of them were from India, but their roots are in present day Russia (Buryat Republic).

amoy

Many Hakkas (K'ochia) in Guangdong, Taiwan, and southern Fujian are originally from Henan province. They say that their dialect is the closest to the Old Chinese language, but I don't know if this claim is accurate or not.

Both Sun Yat-sen and Deng Xiaoping were Hakkas, I believe.
Relatively speaking Hakka (Kejia) dialect is closer to northern dialect (incl. Mandarin) than many southern dialects deep into vocabulary and pronunciation since Hakkas rarely intermarried with other groups. But as Hakka migrated southward hundreds of years ago the linguistic gaps have been widened ever since owing to each's continuous mingling and evolution. So normally Hakka dialect sounds all Greek, remote to their claimed northern roots.

In Sichuan there's a huge Hakka community. In the upheaval that Ming Dynasty was toppled down by peasant uprisings and Manchurian (Qing Dynasty) Sichuan Province was entirely devastated. Thus many Hakka, as also encouraged by Qing gvnmt joined westward migration to Sichuan for their promised land, from Fujian and Guangdong.

In a Chengdu suburb there's a Hakka museum inside a Buddhist temple in memory of their migration, which I happened to visit.

Also Hakka is one of top sources of Chinese diaspora following Cantonese, Chaozhou, and Hokkienese (Fujian), with a comparatively strong self identification.

Hakka buildings in Fujian (Tulou)

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Originally Posted by Ray

Any Russians around?

Read about the Viet Cong to realise that Vietnamese can exist on their own produce and in fact, Russian food would make them sick!

And the Chinese are trying to say that a large part of the Vietnamese population is Chinese when in fact, a large part of the South China population is Vietnamese forcibly told to call themselves as Hans!

Eh, close to two million chinese soldiers were stationed near the soviet border in case of their involvment. In comparison how many did they send to Vietnam? You missed this little detail. The war was never about Vietnam, but about USSR and US. Try to educate yourself first.

What weapons did they produce exactly?

Source?
Check my post and your reply.

What is the connection?

As usual obfuscating and derail since you are stumped?

What has the deployment of millions of Chinese on the Soviet border got to do with the China's 1979 Vietnam War, when China attacked Vietnam?

Maybe you are the one who is in dire need of education than me. And add to it some logic, if you don't mind.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Originally Posted by Ray
You seem to have convenient amnesia.

The Sino–Vietnamese War (Vietnamese: Chiến tranh biên giá»›i Việt-Trung), also known as the Third Indochina War, known in the PRC as Chinese: 对越自卫反击战; pinyin: duì yuè zìwèi fÇŽnjÄ« zhàn; literally "Defensive Counterattack against Vietnam" and in Vietnam as Chiến tranh chống bành trÆ°á»›ng Trung Hoa (War against Chinese expansionism).

The war was fought in 1979,

Which big power was involved?
USSR, check the weapon and other hardwares they used, even the foods they ate

And the fact that all these wars fought in Vietnam, showed the price regulare vietnamese paid for their government trying to use larger power to promote it's own agenda. Hopfully, the gov won't make the people suffered again
What is the connection between your reply to the issues in my post?

USSR?

How does weapons supplied indicate participation in the war?

China supplies Weapons and warlike platforms to Sudan and Zimbabwe who use it to kill their own people.

Does it mean that Chinese are physically joining in with them to massacre their people?

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Deng was born into an ethnically Hakka Hanhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hakka_people family in Paifang village (牌坊村), Xiexin township (协兴镇), Guang'an County in Sichuan province,[SUP][4][/SUP][SUP][5][/SUP] approximately 160 km from Chongqing (formerly spelled Chungking). Deng's ancestors can be traced back to Meixian County in Guangdong Province,[SUP][5][/SUP] a prominent ancestral area for the Hakka people, and had been settled in Sichuan for several generations.[SUP][6][/SUP]

Deng's father, Deng Wenming, was a middle-level landowner and had studied at the University of Law and Political Science in Chengdu. His mother, surnamed Dan, died early in Deng's life, leaving Deng, his three brothers and three sisters.[SUP][7][/SUP] At the age of five, Deng was sent to a traditional Chinese-style private primary school, followed by a more modern primary school at the age of seven.
Deng's first wife, one of his schoolmates from Moscow, died when she was 24, a few days after giving birth to Deng's first child, a baby girl, who also died. His second wife, Jin Weiying, left him after Deng came under political attack in 1933. His third wife, Zhuo Lin, was the daughter of an industrialist in Yunnan Province. She became a member of the Communist Party in 1938, and married Deng a year later in front of Mao's cave dwelling in Yan'an. They had five children: three daughters (Deng Lin, Deng Nan and Deng Rong) and two sons (Deng Pufang and Deng Zhifang).

Deng Xiaoping - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

ice berg

Check my post and your reply.

What is the connection?

As usual obfuscating and derail since you are stumped?

What has the deployment of millions of Chinese on the Soviet border got to do with the China's 1979 Vietnam War, when China attacked Vietnam?

Maybe you are the one who is in dire need of education than me. And add to it some logic, if you don't mind.
Face palm, it cant be that hard to see the connection?

You asked

"Any Russians around?"

And I replied:
Originally Posted by ice berg
Eh, close to two million chinese soldiers were stationed near the soviet border in case of their involvment. In comparison how many did they send to Vietnam? You missed this little detail. The war was never about Vietnam, but about USSR and US. Try to educate yourself first.

What you think those soldiers were doing there? To guard an empty border?

Are you seriously? You dont know the connection between chinese soldiers on the Soviet border and the Vietnam war?!? I suggest you look into this first before we continue. Otherwise it is pointless.

Your post:
Read about the Viet Cong to realise that Vietnamese can exist on their own produce and in fact, Russian food would make them sick!
My reply:
What weapons did they produce exactly?

You cant fight without weapons ,right? They gonna fight with their hands and feets only? ROFL

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles