Discussion in 'China' started by W.G.Ewald, Dec 6, 2012.
Threat Vector (novel) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Chinese would be kicked in the Indian Ocean and would be gone sooner than they came.
With fights with India, Vietnam, Phillipines, Japan, Thailand, Taiwan there is nothing but trouble for Chinese Navy.
Threat Vector Free Preview: Chapter Two [Kindle Edition] on amazon. Who can give it a try and let us know whether it is good?
Have you read the book? Why do you think India is mentioned in the book?
There is no mention of the book in the first post except a link to wikipedia
You can buy the kindle version on amazon or download the chapter two for free.
Sorry. Here is a link to Tom Clancy website.
Threat Vector, by Tom Clancy with Mark Greaney
I don't see why Vietnam, Philipines, Japan, Thailand and even Taiwan would fight China in India Ocean? It is more realistic that Indian navy comes to South China sea to fight for them if Indians are stupid enouogh.
India? you know your navy right?
Phillipines? does it have a Navy?
Vietnam? Does it have a Navy?
Thailand? you know who sold Thailand their frigates?Ever hear OPV 511? and why does Thailand get involved in your list?
Japan is our concern, but they dare not touch a hair of our maritime surveillance ships in Diaoyu Islands, do you think they will fight for India?
Taiwan? why does Taiwan fight for India? are they crazy or what?
If it were me I would just harass your shipping lanes to draw you out of the cocoon. That would be a wiser choice.
One doesn't need much of a navy to fight a floating casino!
I just started on that book yesterday.
Very old indian proverb says that wise men do not burn their hands in fighting others fires. We must look to sort out our problems with china ourselves and shud not join others in creating a block against china. However Chanakaya also stated that enemy of the enemy is always a friend. We have made substantial progress in resolving our border row with china and inspite of 1962 episode, they are not our enemy. We must as a counter to the encirclemnt policy of china create a counter block but we shud never get directly involved in a confrontation with china.
A joint military counteroffensive against China can only exist in the presence of an institutionalized mechanism. Unless naval patrolling of the South China Sea is institutionalized, on the lines of an ACO or (member restricted) SEATO, by all those that perceive a threat to their maritime territorial claims or economic presence in the region, joint naval action against China is a non-starter.
I will wait for the movie. The only Clancy book I have read is The Hunt for Red October.
What a well researched book that was!!!!.
sir - you raised 5 pts above - let me deal with them
(1) we indian tend to be rather bookish and there are good and not so good aspects about that - the not so good is that we tend to get set in our ways and not adapt to the new circumstances quoting chanaky a and all that was great for the last century - remember nehru quoted someone else and now we have lost strategic territory in NE and NW kashmir
(2) - a coalition of nations is the ONLY way to handle the dragon - the simple explanation is that there we dont have to carry the entire burden and it is quite something of a burden there -
(3) we have made ZERO ....I REPEAT ZERO PROGRESS in resolving the border dispute with dragon despite 14 high level consultations alternatively in each others capital cities ....sorry sir ZERO PROGRESS !
(4) not our enemy ? well not outwardly ....... the dragon has covertly been most CONSISTENT in one thing - blocking india and keeping us in check in all possible manner -
(5) this point is the only one i can agree with but it is IMPRACTICAL ......because the dragon who is the one who is initiating confrontation against us and we cant elect to not get involved so again your idea falls through
..... best regards
@roma, My point was to say that we are game for peace and also war. Its upto the dragon to decide how it wants us to behave. We only have to lend our support to all those countries and without war we can win. India is home to second biggest population in the world and a bigger market than China. All we need to do is to lower our trade barriers to block chinese manufacturing and exports by creating an anti china trade block. rest will happen on its own. Their economy which is giving them this exalted posturing will collapse. its for these SCS rim countries to decide, who they want, India or China?
Ban Chinese goods all across SCS rim countries and let them deal with India only.
In the present economic situation we should not fight with China, instead we have to develop trade relations and try to develop our economy and make money first rather than going to war just for something which is not happening anywhere near our territory.......
If at all China is aggressive along the Indo-China border, I am sure we can defend our border and we should only defend rather than attacking them with full force.....
In our case DEFENCE IS A BETTER WAY OF OFFENSE.... RATHER THAN OFFENCE IS A BETTER DEFENCE.....
Sheep dont have many enemies, but then americans cant be wise because we would help a man fight his fire.
Separate names with a comma.