The Brave Warrior - Prithviraj Chauhan - 1149-1192 AD

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
@ashdoc; do you have any good historic material on this topic ?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pratap

Tihar Jail
Banned
"Char bans, chaubis gaj, angul ashta praman,
Ta upar sultan hai, Chuke mat Chauhan."

This was the poem recited by Chandbardai for Prithviraj Chauhan to kill Muhammad Gori.
Four Bamboo lengths in front, then twenty four hands and eight fingers in height, the sultan is sitting. Dont miss him Chauhan.(Prithviraj was blinded then so Chandrabardai gave him the hint about Sultans's location through his poem).

You are beyond help.I know that famous line" mat chuka chahman" but a shocker is that Prithviraj Raso is of later time, is considered unreliable and is in direct conflict with all testimony. In case you do not know, we have evidence of Chauhan Hariraj revolting against turks in ajmer and ranthambore before 1205 and where is Prithviraj in all this? Belive me no serious historian takes cock and bull stories of Jaichand, Sanyogita and Prithviraj killing Ghori as something serious.

Do not show me serials. A film was made on Chengiz khan and it showed him inventing gunpowder, and as an Egyptian.

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag
@Bhadra
Not sure you have seen it or not but at 0:07 there is a disclaimer that says something about the episode.Maybe only ignorant,idiotic and rascal trolls like me see this things.I will post it here.

"Inspired by Prithviraj Raso by Chand Bardai.Prithviraj Raso language and literature by Dr.Nawwar Singh.History of Rajasthan by James Todd.Some characters may be fictional based on Folklore and popular legend to dramatize the narrative."

Also I know wikipedia cannot be "SITED".However can we cite a dramatic episode as evidence.No offence just asking you in jest???:troll:

Pratap

Tihar Jail
Banned
@Bhadra
Not sure you have seen it or not but at 0:07 there is a disclaimer that says something about the episode.Maybe only ignorant,idiotic and rascal trolls like me see this things.I will post it here.

"Inspired by Prithviraj Raso by Chand Bardai.Prithviraj Raso language and literature by Dr.Nawwar Singh.History of Rajasthan by James Todd.Some characters may be fictional based on Folklore and popular legend to dramatize the narrative."

Also I know wikipedia cannot be "SITED".However can we cite a dramatic episode as evidence.No offence just asking you in jest???:troll:
I can cite many books written by professional historians I have already done it once and so let me give an example of Indian book

" Struggle for empire" published by Bharati Vidya Bhavan and edited by RC Majumdar does not even mention Bhadra's story. Please read some real history books rather pseudohistory books like Prithviraj Raso.( @Peter I mean Bhadra)

shinoj

Tihar Jail
Banned
And Really what makes Wikipedia such a Reliable Source ? Just because the Moderator happens to decide whatever might be correct will be deemed correct. there are no Videos or Photos of that Era. That makes it just about whose side are you onto.

But there are far too many Indian legends saying about Prithvi being taken hostage to Afghanistan and then eventually killing Ghauri.

Hindu History: Prithviraj Chauhan

prithviraj(rajat)

tomb of prithviraj chauhan | Rajputanas

There are too many stories about Prithvi going on and killing Ghauri. Not to mention there are some Old Indian Movies about it along with the Dharti ka Raaj- Prithviraj

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiBUk4NofY0

Honestly what makes wikipedia authentic and the Local Sources unreal and Dramatic? None. Wikipedia might be more sophisticated and widely accepted thats all. But that doesnt make it entirely truthful, does it?

On Another Note, why did Prithivi show Mercy on that Ghauri? Should have killed him and ended the Chapter entirely.

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag
I can cite many books written by professional historians I have already done it once and so let me give an example of Indian book

" Struggle for empire" published by Bharati Vidya Bhavan and edited by RC Majumdar does not even mention Bhadra's story. Please read some real history books rather pseudohistory books like Prithviraj Raso.( @Peter I mean Bhadra)
Yes I know you are referring to Bhadra.I don`t know if DFI stands Dedicated Fantasies of India after reading some of the member`s posts.

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag
And Really what makes Wikipedia such a Reliable Source ? Just because the Moderator happens to decide whatever might be correct will be deemed correct. there are no Videos or Photos of that Era. That makes it just about whose side are you onto.

On Another Note, why did Prithivi show Mercy on that Ghauri? Should have killed him and ended the Chapter entirely.
Wikipedia is no reliable source even I admit that.Thats why I told you of other sources given by Pratap.Prithviraj did not kill Ghori either because Prithviraj was kind and noble.Another reason could be on seeing his men waver Ghori left the battle while being wounded.The cause of his mercy is hard to justify and quite shocking.
Another shocking fact was that many Indian kings refused to support Prithviraj during the tarain battles.

Last edited:

Pratap

Tihar Jail
Banned

But there are far too many Indian legends saying about Prithvi being taken hostage to Afghanistan and then eventually killing Ghauri.

Hindu History: Prithviraj Chauhan

prithviraj(rajat)

tomb of prithviraj chauhan | Rajputanas

There are too many stories about Prithvi going on and killing Ghauri. Not to mention there are some Old Indian Movies about it along with the Dharti ka Raaj- Prithviraj

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiBUk4NofY0

Honestly what makes wikipedia authentic and the Local Sources unreal and Dramatic? None. Wikipedia might be more sophisticated and widely accepted thats all. But that doesnt make it entirely truthful, does it?

I am not used to use harsh words but you have forced me to do so. So you regard a cock bull story manufactured in 16th century as reliable and brush aside independent testimonies, you ignore unanimity among historians that the story is not even serious, you do not explain how Khwarizm sultan was fighting against Ghuri in 1205, you do not explain lack of any mention of Prithviraj at time of Hariraj's revolt, you disregard direct muslim evidence of Ghuri being killed by khokhars( who were hindus at that time and so your excuse that muslim historians did not want to show that their sultan was killed by Hindus can not be upheld) and you do not explain lack of this story in any contemporary source.
You are showing films and serials as evidence shows that you have not read a single book of history. Feel free to believe what you want to believe.

Pratap

Tihar Jail
Banned
Wikipedia is no reliable source even I admit that.Thats why I told you of other sources given by Pratap.Prithviraj did not kill Ghori either because Prithviraj was kind and noble.Another reason could be on seeing his men waver Ghori left the battle while being wounded.The cause of his mercy is hard to justify and quite shocking.
Another shocking fact was that many Indian kings refused to support Prithviraj during the tarain battles.
Prithviraj could not chase Ghori. Case closed.

Pratap

Tihar Jail
Banned
Yes I know you are referring to Bhadra.I don`t know if DFI stands Dedicated Fantasies of India after reading some of the member`s posts.
It is amazing that a cockbull story is being debated. How can these people accept that AIT is true?

Pratap

Tihar Jail
Banned
@Peter
Not at all as many christian rulers did not support crusaders too. No single central authority and so kings could not look beyond their own noses.

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag
It is amazing that a cockbull story is being debated. How can these people accept that AIT is true?
Well everyone is free to expresses his views.What is sad is that some people believe in these cock and bull stories so much they try to enforce their views on all people.Even when I was in English as national language threads some of the posters(rather one "civilized" poster) was trying to enforce his twisted views on me.What I cannot understand is that why would a person like Ghori take Prithviraj all the way from India to Afghanistan.He would keep him for twelve years and then try to kill him in a stupid game.and not like a warrior on the battlefield.How can people even believe in this fantasy???

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
@<a href="http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/member.php?u=9097" target="_blank">Bhadra</a>

I am not citing anything.

I am not claiming any thing..

I only know that history is what I believe in..

I quoted and refred to things so that one can entertain oneself...
That is what matters most...

here is one more dramtisation : but with difference and with Nehruvian extravenja at state expenses and all of them always hate a name called Prithaviraj Chauhan".... the pride of India..
I do not force that on anyone....

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag
I am not citing anything.

What I am saying is a plunderer like Ghori would not be so forgiving and merciful.Do you really think that he would capture and take Prithviraj to his Afghan goat yard.He would also keep him fed and clothed for twelve years and then play a game of blind arrow shooting to prove he is better at shooting skills:laugh:(no pun intended) than Chauhan who was a blind man.Do you think any sane ruler would do that when he is already facing revolts in India due to his conquests.?Please do enlighten me on this matter.

Last edited:

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
I am not used to use harsh words but you have forced me to do so. So you regard a cock bull story manufactured in 16th century as reliable and brush aside independent testimonies, you ignore unanimity among historians that the story is not even serious, you do not explain how Khwarizm sultan was fighting against Ghuri in 1205, you do not explain lack of any mention of Prithviraj at time of Hariraj's revolt, you disregard direct muslim evidence of Ghuri being killed by khokhars( who were hindus at that time and so your excuse that muslim historians did not want to show that their sultan was killed by Hindus can not be upheld) and you do not explain lack of this story in any contemporary source.
You are showing films and serials as evidence shows that you have not read a single book of history. Feel free to believe what you want to believe.
There is no use of harsh words as I can be more harsher...

Al Baruni or Firdoshi as poets without any evidence of their existence can be great historical evidences..

But not Chand Bardai.... how stupid soch...

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag

Al Baruni or Firdoshi as poets without any evidence of their existence can be great historical evidences..

Al Beruni/Firdoshi have no evidence of existence.???!!!#@# :shocked:(Saying sayonara to medieval mathematics from now on.Maybe @Haman10 can explain it to you better)
Lets leave them aside why don't you read a few more books by historians from the West and even India on prithviraj`s matter.(btw the link you provided Hindu history or something is a blogspot .Blogs are not very reliable)
Also explain me about Ghori`s kindness and why he did not kill Prithviraj?

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Al Beruni/Firdoshi have no evidence of existence.???!!!#@# :shocked:(Saying sayonara to medieval mathematics from now on.Maybe @Haman10 can explain it to you better)
Lets leave them aside why don't you read a few more books by historians from the West and even India on prithviraj`s matter.(btw the link you provided Hindu history or something is a blogspot .Blogs are not very reliable)
Also explain me about Ghori`s kindness and why he did not kill Prithviraj?
Oh Baba/ If Al Baruni existed and if Firdossi is an evidence then Chader Bardai is also an evidence.... ok..

They were court bards and not Bhagwan Vishnu or Narada recording so called "Historical Evidences"... for people like you...

Pratap

Tihar Jail
Banned

The text is of later date. I never denied existence of Chand Bardai. BTW, your constant harping on " history is what I belive in " is giving me rounds of laughter.

So pakistanis believe that they ruled hindus for 1000 years, kicked asses of dark hindus, that they are descendants of turks, that their empire was " cheated by wily british and equally wily hindu banias". Are you saying that this is the history ?( people believe in this stuff)

Pratap

Tihar Jail
Banned
Oh Baba/ If Al Baruni existed and if Firdossi is an evidence then Chader Bardai is also an evidence.... ok..
Al biruni's work written in 11th century, no evidence of Prithviraj Raso written in 1200AD.

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
Brave but FOOLISH!!!

And the whole of India is suffering even today. :tsk:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles