The Baloch question- By Manish Tewari

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
Tewari is an idiot. Balochistan is not a disputed territory, what judicial ground does India have to host Balochi seperatists? Any such attempt by India will only work in Pakistani favor in world opinion and would pave way for Pakistan to openly support all seperatist movements in India.
Balochistan is a DISPUTED territory. It was a free country until pakis attacked and occupied it.

Balochistan is todays "Bangladesh". Pak Army is doing GENOCIDE of Baloch who are MUSLIMS.

karan.1970

Tewari is an idiot. Balochistan is not a disputed territory, what judicial ground does India have to host Balochi seperatists? Any such attempt by India will only work in Pakistani favor in world opinion and would pave way for Pakistan to openly support all seperatist movements in India.
Every country has a right to grant asylum to asylum seekers. And there is no extradition treaty between India and Pakistan, so Pakistan has no right to demand any thing from India wrt to Balochi Separatists being given "MORAL" support by India :)

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
What "judicial" ground you has to create trouble in our north east? In Tamil Nadu?

We have been too kind with Pak in not splitting it again already

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Has Mickey Manish seen any Baloch refugee exodus to India that India is to host a Baloch Govt in exile.

The man is said to be a lawyer!

He cannot even argue out a case.
For a change he is right. We may not hve refugees coming in but we can support on humanitarian grounds well more like strategic reasons for us.

I had written this article 2 years ago asking te Baloch to form a government in exile

http://sarvatravijay.wordpress.com/2012/04/28/what-the-baloch-need-to-do/

The Baloch are brave people who are completely outnumbered and fighting a lonely battle against a vastly superior Pakistani Army. But then battles are not won by becoming a martyr but by killing the enemy. The Baloch need outside assistance. India could play a role but I think the country that can help it the most is the US.

The Baloch cannot win the war without outside help. The sooner they start taking outside help, the better as they are being systematically annihilated by the Pakistani Army. For long the feeling has been that the Baloch has resisted or not asked for outside support in their struggle and wanted to handle their battle all alone. That is a folly. The Baloch movement comes across as a rag tag movement with some attacks on Pakistani check posts killing a few Pakistani soldiers or blowing up oil and gas pipelines. This is not going to help them achieve their goal of independence. The Baloch movement has to become like how the Afghan movement was, supported by the CIA against the Soviets or how the Northern Alliance received support from US, India and Russia.

Firstly, the Baloch need to form a Government in exile, preferably in the US. They have already got support from Congressman Dana Rohrabacher. They need to develop more such people by using their government in exile and also all overseas Baloch who can pool in to lobby at the highest level in the US. Everyone knows what the lobbies in US can do. Pakistan has used this to its advantage over the years and successfully milked the US and also made it wink at various issues.

The Baloch have to use their rich oil and gas resources as a trump card. What do major powers want today? Oil and Gas. Both are there in Balochistan. This can be used to get in the US and India (if India chooses to) into the picture. Right now Punjabis are exploiting all the resources and taking away all the profits and may be China which does not respect human rights will reap all the benefits. The Gwadar port is a trump card for the Baloch to exploit as it can give US and India access to Afghanistan and Central Asia.

I believe the Baloch should convince the US of the benefits of an independent Balochistan including the one that opens up logistic route to Afghanistan and also by that means into Central Asia. The Baloch Government in exile could commit to the US about future oil and gas contracts. In return ask for American moral and diplomatic support as well as money and lethal weapons including SAMs so that Pakistan Air Force cannot target Baloch.

Without a good political leadership that can talk to leaders all over the world, the Baloch will not be able to galvanize world opinion. The Baloch have to form a united political face, it is a must. Then seek heavy weaponry. Shoot down Pakistani helicopters and fighters with SAMs. This will escalate matters. Soviets days in Afghanistan started to get numbered when Stingers came and their choppers started going down and their tanks started to get blown up. All this can only come from a major power who will see "returns" on this investment. But as long as the Balcoh aim of independence is achieved, making such deals should be OK.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
For a change he is right. We may not hve refugees coming in but we can support on humanitarian grounds well more like strategic reasons for us.

I had written this article 2 years ago asking te Baloch to form a government in exile
Morally correct, but legally incorrect and in no way comparable to the Tibetan Govt in exile.

ghost

Kashmir is not your internal matter, period.
Yes ,you are right.Till the time you sit on our land known as POK .I wonder why is it always Pakistani ranting about kashmir, and we defending that it's our integral part.For a change why doesn't our government demand our part which Pakistan is occupying.

I would like to have Pak Occupied kashmir back along with interest(Baluchistan).Frankly i would like to have whole of my country back which you people have occupied and call Pakistan,but i would not like to have the people over there because they may cause problem in future.Proper solution would be all the people deported to north west frontier region ,and name that part as "Chotu Pakistan" and we keep the rest as part of ek Bharat " akhand Bharat"

You may call this my fantasy,but all we need is someone with strong will at helms of affair in India,plus an overwhelming military and economic power. I just want to reverse what Britisher did to my country.

Last edited:

Illusive

Country flag
Yes ,you are right.Till the time you sit on our land known as POK .I wonder why is it always Pakistani ranting about kashmir, and we defending that it's our integral part.For a change why doesn't our government demand our part which Pakistan is occupying.

I would like to have Pak Occupied kashmir back along with interest(Baluchistan).Frankly i would like to have whole of my country back which you people have occupied and call Pakistan,but i would not like to have the people over there because they may cause problem in future.Proper solution would be all the people deported to north west frontier region ,and name that part as "Chotu Pakistan" and we keep the rest as part of ek Bharat " akhand Bharat"

You may call this my fantasy,but all we need is someone with strong will at helms of affair in India,plus an overwhelming military and economic power. I just want to reverse what Britisher did to my country.
India wanted peace but our western neigbour(pak army) is too greedy. They always say even though they are small, they give tough fight against a seven times bigger enemy.........if by tough fight they mean loosing half their territory and 90,000 POW, then thats laughable and funnily they still not learning from their mistakes, instead only creating bigger problems for them.

So let us not be too aggressive in claiming POK, theres a reason why we call it POK. Let the apple rot from within.

ladder

Country flag
World's silence over unabated Indian shelling flayed
World's silence over unabated Indian shelling flayed

==============

What are the odds that like the article above, even for Baloch case, you wouldn't succeed in begging a condemnation statement against India from world leaders?

Kharavela

Country flag
India wanted peace but our western neigbour(pak army) is too greedy. They always say even though they are small, they give tough fight against a seven times bigger enemy.........if by tough fight they mean loosing half their territory and 90,000 POW, then thats laughable and funnily they still not learning from their mistakes, instead only creating bigger problems for them.

So let us not be too aggressive in claiming POK, theres a reason why we call it POK. Let the apple rot from within.
Besides POK, GOI should CLAIM Pakistan as integral part of India :rofl:

Kharavela

Country flag
Frankly i would like to have whole of my country back which you people have occupied and call Pakistan, but i would not like to have the people over there because they may cause problem in future. Proper solution would be all the people deported to north west frontier region ,and name that part as "Chotu Pakistan" and we keep the rest as part of ek Bharat " akhand Bharat"
LOL, I liked the idea "Chotu Pakistan"

Global Defence

New threads

Articles