The Atheism/Agnosticism Thread

Do you think God exists?

• Total voters

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
I believe in God ! but he is passively active, after creating the universe and the rules he left us all to be administered by those rules, in fact those rules are God himself,and so he does not help you to get your girl friend :p

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
I believe in God ! but he is passively active, after creating the universe and the rules he left us all to be administered by those rules, in fact those rules are God himself,and so he does not help you to get your girl friend :p
If one were to believe that God exists then one thing that is clear is that he doesn't 'take part' in anything on this planet.

A chauhan

Country flag
If one were to believe that God exists then one thing that is clear is that he doesn't 'take part' in anything on this planet.
Yeah ! he does not take part in anything on this planet or universe, he is actively passive or passively active as his rules are still taking part.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
you will be surprised................ i was Atheist more then 18 years, but things change.................. Messiah, you have right to believe what ever you want to.............. just dont disrespect others or their God.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
you will be surprised................ i was Atheist more then 18 years, but things change.................. Messiah, you have right to believe what ever you want to.............. just dont disrespect others or their God.
I am not atheist.

A chauhan

Country flag
Saya i also have felt his presence through some means otherwise he was mere a character of imagination for me but i am now a believer...

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Saya i also have felt his presence through some means otherwise he was mere a character of imagination for me but i am now a believer...
It is scientific fact that in times of stress or difficulty the thought of supernatural being looking after you has a soothing and calming effect. I have gone through it myself but i dont believe that is concrete proof but at the same time because of it i dont dismiss God either like atheists do.

Galaxy

Country flag
I do believe in God but i am not so religious in my daily activity.

I am always fearful of God, I always try not to hurt anyone, indulge in any unethical work - because there is always in my mind that God is watching me and i will be punished sooner or later for my each Karma/Action.

Earlier I use to be Atheist (In my school/College days), Later on now, when i understand more about Life. I have strong feeling that God do exist. What we do, What we get - When, How, Why - That can't be answered but It will. I also believe in Incarnation. I am because what I did. I will be, What i am doing. "Way of Life" is most important part of religion.

Whenever i think of God or Pray to God - I feel very calm, peaceful, love towards others increase and my work efficency improves. It's been proved for me all the time.

Although I am Hindu, But I do respect all religions from Zoroastrian to Buddhism. I never talk about religion but if anyone who attacks my religion, I become aggressive in defending. May be now I understand more about religion and can't listen anything negative.

When a person is devoted to something with complete faith, I unify his faith in that. Then, when his faith his completely unified, he gains the object of his devotion."
~ Krishna Quotes from The Bhagavad Gita

Last edited:

warriorextreme

Country flag
exactly sir....GOD will never help you to get good marks in exam or get out of troubles in life....

Sabir

DFI TEAM
I dont believe in God; I dont follow any religion

I believe in Ghost; and I get scared sometimes...

Param

exactly sir....GOD will never help you to get good marks in exam or get out of troubles in life....
Then what good is such a God? One does not need God to succeed or get out of trouble.And if God does not come to the rescue of people in trouble that 's a useless God.

I do not know whether God exists or not, but I wish God is real. I want God to know that he is an ***hole.

A chauhan

Country flag
It is scientific fact that in times of stress or difficulty the thought of supernatural being looking after you has a soothing and calming effect. I have gone through it myself but i dont believe that is concrete proof but at the same time because of it i dont dismiss God either like atheists do.
Oh na na na mine was not a supernatural being or anything like that , but something happened which can not be judged with science.

niharjhatn

Then what good is such a God? One does not need God to succeed or get out of trouble.And if God does not come to the rescue of people in trouble that 's a useless God.

I do not know whether God exists or not, but I wish God is real. I want God to know that he is an ***hole.
Hehe, I used to tell my mother when she went to the temple that God doesn't hear anything, as I had begged him for a prestige car, Torres to stay at liverpool and better marks in college yet not one of those had happened. My mom had the typical reply of "be thankful for what you have" as there were far too many people in a position a lot worse then me...

I used to turn it around and say that there were also a lot of people in a position better than me too!

^^^
Love calvin and hobbes :laugh:

Tronic

There is a third leg to the triangle: God, Atheism and Astrology.

Should be discussed in a different thread, but how many of you believe in any or more than one of these three things?

P.S.: Before you ask me anything, see my avatar!

I believe in the Almighty God.

I do not believe in atheism.

I have no knowledge about astrology, I don't really follow it or know much about it.

I don't have proof for the existance of god, just as atheists don't have proof that god doesn't exist.

My belief in God may just be my brain rationalizing to put me at ease when faced with stress and trouble, but, if my faith in God is able to get me through my tense and testing times, than for me, that is enough. :)

Vyom

Seeker
Neither faith nor knowledge can tell you whether whether the concept of God is true or false, the only way is realization and for that you have to try both ways. Start with the wrong side though.

Last edited:

Tianshan

She was a good Daedra, its not like I'm following Boethia.
Sheogorath comes in second then Akatosh and Arkay.......
sheogorath is always #1.

on topic - i am an athiest, but i respect those who believe in god(s).

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
geoBR Atheism and Orthodoxy in Modern Russia General Multimedia 1
The3Amigos China auto thread China 332
JaguarWarrior Russian civil aviation thread Europe and Russia 44
JaguarWarrior Russia auto thread Europe and Russia 926