The 1st highspeed railway to my home-city started

jouni

@jouni must be related to pakis,
and reasons are,

he hates india and russia,

he live is fancy world of 'our ancestors ruled india' like pakis,
pakis says they are real aryans of indus valley who ruled india,

and his love for chinese is tremendous.
I do not hate India or Russia. My Russian friend was staying last week as my guest on my summer residence. I love their culture, especially culinary one. Now that the summer berries are ripe I had the pleasure of enjoying Russian cooking the whole week.

We are just different, I am from individualistic meritocracy culture from west and you are from collective culture of east. My country has been on the border of that culture for 1000 years and I am just lately starting to fully understand eastern way of thinking.

Also thsnks to this forum I have started to search for hidden history of Finland also and the foundings are astonishing.

amoy

@badguy's province is a cradle of Taoism (as a religion) with many mystic but serene mountains of striking beauty. The faith puts emphasis on harmony with the nature. Therefore many followers found sanctums there for inner peace.

It's no exaggeration that many of China's rail stations look far better than a few Asian "international" airports I've been. :biggrin2:

Many stations are interlinked with airports and downtown by metro. It's gonna kill short-distance aviation IMO, with such an extensive network. I'd rather ride a train comfortably for 4h 36m than fly 1h 10m taking the lead time for traffic and check-in to/in airport into account.

pmaitra

One of my colleagues, who is from India, worked in Tianjin, PRC. He says the same thing, that Chinese railway stations are better than our as well as US airports.

badguy2000

Respected Member
Here is west train station in Nanchang city,the province capital. It indeed looks like a airport.
b05dbbd7772d42f7731550d6b8a7683b.jpg
b05dbbd7772d42f7731550d6b8a7683b.jpg
1379924639320.jpg
132293239154335187.jpg

nimo_cn

Country flag
the railway passes through my village in the countryside. the previously planned railway line was only 30 meters from my old house, and my family was notified that the house had to be demolished to make way for the project. somehow the route has been changed, the newly planned line is hundreds of meters away.

来自我的 HUAWEI P7-L07 上的 Tapatalk

amoy

CCTV Hqtrs Tower by Dutch architects
Rem Koolhaas and Ole Scheeren of OMAwere the architects in charge for the building, while Arup provided the complex engineering design.

The most controversial design probably ~

Rem Koolhaas has defended the design of OMA's CCTV tower in Beijing, after the Chinese president called for an end to the construction of "weird architecture" in the country.
http://www.dezeen.com/2014/11/26/rem-koolhaas-defends-cctv-building-beijing-china-architecture/

Rem Koolhaas has defended the design of OMA's CCTV tower in Beijing, after the Chinese president called for an end to the construction of "weird architecture" in the country.

"I don't have the slightest difficulty in saying, or showing, or demonstrating, that CCTV is a very serious building," Koolhaas told Dezeen, when asked to respond to comments made by China's president Xi Jinping.

During a speech at a literary symposium last month, the president said there should be "no more weird architecture" in China, referencing a number of oddly shaped structures that have popped up around the country during its construction boom.

Although he stressed that the link between the president's comments and OMA's skyscraper had been made after the speech, Koolhaas defended the building's shape and structure – which has caused it to be nicknamed "big pants" by locals.

"[CCTV is] a building that introduces new ways of conceptualising, liberating and realising structure that did not exist in China before, and of which I'm sure Chinese culture and Chinese architecture will benefit," he said. "It articulates the position and the situation of China."

Completed in 2012 as the headquarters for China Central Television (CCTV), the 473,000-square-metre building comprises two towers that lean against each other and are connected by a 75-metre cantilevered section.

"The building makes a serious effort to organise a complex entity like CCTV into a coherent whole," Koolhaas said.

The Dutch architect was speaking to Dezeen after his talk at theHerald Design Forum as part of Seoul Design Week 2014, which opened today.

During the event, Koolhaas also mentioned to a group of journalists that he hopes to "have a conversation" with the Chinese president about his comments.

Koolhaas curated this year's Venice Architecture Biennale, which concluded on Sunday. He dismissed comments by architect Peter Eisenman that he had used the biennale to state "the end" of his career.

"My response is to continue working on my career," Koolhaas told Dezeen.

~~Still waters run deep. ~~from my MiPad using tapatalk

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles