The 1962 India China War [Chinese Version]

bhramos

Country flag

i have never seen this chini version on 1962 war...

Last edited by a moderator:

bhramos

Country flag

part 4 missing

bhramos

Country flag

bhramos

Country flag

bhramos

Country flag

kickok1975

Thanks for the video. Very insteresting, I never saw it before. I believe this vedio was probably made in early 80's.

I guess it could be extremly difficult for Indian to understand these video. The basic stand point of China is that India's "Forward Policy" and aggression ignited the border war. China was forced into war but restrain herself from further conflict. Also China treated Indian POW well. India actually got many advanced weapons from US, UK and Soviet Union. China also returned captured weapon back to India after the war.

Last edited:

bhramos

Country flag
Thanks for the vedio. I never saw it before. I believe this vedio was made in early 80's.

I guess it could be extremly difficult for Indian to understand these video.
well its also difficult for me but, i can see the clips and could tell some strategies used by pla. but cant explain all, the members like you should be helpfull here..

bhramos

Country flag
The 1962 India China War [Chinese Version in English]

kickok1975

The 7th video actually called the conflict a tragedy between two old civilizations. It says India is a country also suffering from Western humiliation in last few hundred years and Chinese commander has mix feeling when defeating them.

Last edited:

kickok1975

The 8th video is about India's chaos after defeat. India prime minister was in desperate mode for help and asked US for help. But China unilaterally ceased fire and returned captured weapon to India in a good will of restore bilateral relationship. Among more than 3,000 captured POW, only 26 dead due to severe wound before returning home

kickok1975

The 9th video is about China's unilateral withdraw of troops. It says Chinese then prime minister Zhou enlai said India and China has 5000 years shared relationship and China has no intention to escalate the conflict with an once good neighbor. And condolence to all dead soldiers

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
The 7th video actually called the conflict a tragedy between two old civilizations. It says India is a country also suffering flar rom Western humiliation in last few hundred years and Chinese commander has mix feeling when defeating them.
kickoff - as you are a friendly preson from china - i would bother to ask why china , with such a huuuuge land mass , most of it questionably taken from the minorities' territories - co
could be so particular about the exaaaact drawing of the boundary with india ? china 3X size of india landmass and still wanted to be sooo particular ? and they considered that india was a friend for 5000 years ?

i find that very difficult to reason out ?

redragon

Country flag
kickoff - china 3X size of india landmass and still wanted to be sooo particular ?
First of all, his code is Kickok, why you keep calling him Kickoff?
secondly, only because China is larger not necessary means China has to give up what should be belonged to it.

kickok1975

kickoff - as you are a friendly preson from china - i would bother to ask why china , with such a huuuuge land mass , most of it questionably taken from the minorities' territories - co
could be so particular about the exaaaact drawing of the boundary with india ? china 3X size of india landmass and still wanted to be sooo particular ? and they considered that india was a friend for 5000 years ?

i find that very difficult to reason out ?
The reason is China never accept British's McMahon Line. Like India, China has been humiliated by British and other western countries before and China never wants to repeat that kind of disgrace again. Even it's a small terrain, it means a lot to Chinese people. If Chinese government let India take it, they are in big trouble. It's particularly unimaginable at time when strong man Chairman Mao is alive.

It is true that China is 3 times bigger than India in terms of area mass. But most of it is mountains, desert that hard to develop agriculture industry to feed her huge population. I once heard India actually has more land than China to cultivate and we all know Indian's weather is warmer and mild.

Of course the conflict area is some roughest place on earth where no one wants to live. But given Dalai Lama just escaped and set up exile government based in India not long ago, China has good reason to worry about it. However, even Chinese won the battle; they retreat back to where they started. They actually didn't gain any land but rather "taught" India a lesson for her "Forward Policy".

Utimately, as video says, China consider this conflict a tragedy between two biggest developing countries that shares similar experience in recent history. It probably explain why it has never been proudly added into text book, at least when I was a student.

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Thanks for the video. Very insteresting, I never saw it before. I believe this vedio was probably made in early 80's.

I guess it could be extremly difficult for Indian to understand these video. The basic stand point of China is that India's "Forward Policy" and aggression ignited the border war. China was forced into war but restrain herself from further conflict. Also China treated Indian POW well. India actually got many advanced weapons from US, UK and Soviet Union. China also returned captured weapon back to India after the war.
The Forward Policy was undertaken when it was discovered that China had encroached in Aksai Chin and it was done to ensure that no more territory was occupied by China.

Nehru, who was basically a pacifist, was under pressure so much so that he said the incursion by China did not matter because 'not a blade of grass grew'.

This brought indignation in the Parliament and with the Indian people, wherein he adopted the Forward Policy.

The Chinese leaders did not understand this and thought that it was an aggressive move and so they started the Conflict.

India did not get any advanced weapon from the US, UK or Russia before the war. The US gave infantry weapons in the middle of the war, namely 81mm Mors, FN Rifles and radio equipment. I am not too sure what UK gave. Our defence deals with USSR was still not there. In fact, our Army was still of the WWII vintage.

I don't think China returned any weapons captured.

China, however, treated most of the prisoners well and that is an important lesson learnt for India. The PsW with China had no animus towards China and some were quite favourably inclined to China. We applied the same to Pakistani PsW in the 1971 War and treated the Pakistani PsW like VIPs to include giving the General a special Mess and free Scotch!!

First of all, his code is Kickok, why you keep calling him Kickoff?
secondly, only because China is larger not necessary means China has to give up what should be belonged to it.
I too made the mistake of calling Kickok as Kickoff. This is possibly because in Football, the start of the game is through kicking the football and that is called Kickoff.

It is a matter of debate if indeed Tibet is a part of China!

amoy

I recall similar video clips I saw abt the conflict with interviews of some veterans.

Nehru even called on Israel for mititary aid for free. But Israel insisted India must pay. So no deal.

In a democracy it's unthinkable a populist govnmt would be allowed to make any concessions as spineless KMT or CCP did before in face of dwindling Lebensraum

Global Defence

New threads

Articles