Thank you Pak for banning Anupam Kher

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by Sakal Gharelu Ustad, Feb 2, 2016.

1. Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Sakal Gharelu Ustad Detests Jholawalas Moderator

While the Indian nationalists took up the issue of boycotting Pakistani artists, given their bigotry and hate speech in the past, the idea for Indian artists to also boycott Pakistan does not arise so often. While Aamir and Shahrukh were given a good treatment post tolerance debate, this other dimension to boycott Pak does not appear to have been main-streamed.

It was not a surprise that twitter went up in arms today against the Pak decision to deny visa to Anupam Kher and lambasted each and everyone who was having fun at this sight. There are two dimensions of this problem.

One, which was taken up very well by the twitterati i.e. expose the anti-nationals both in the media as well as in political outfits like AAP. The hurt sentiment was well captured by the series of tweets by Anupam Kher:

And the usual suspects were paraded naked by the nationalists on twitter as shown in the tweets below. Their hatred for Anupam Kher reaches a new level every day. It is not a surprise that they were ready to give a free pass to Pak High Commissioner rather than stand by their own fellow citizen i.e. Anupam Kher in this case. But we all very well know the loyalties of these presstitutes and were not surprised at any of these developments given Anupam Kher has spoken about the genocide of Kashmiri Pandits, a topic that is too taboo in our secular parlance.

There is second dimension which was hardly raised by any of us i.e. why does Anupam Kher need to visit Pak? The boycott of Pak cannot be restricted in just one direction i.e. stopping Pak artists and cricketers to perform in India. It has to be implemented in both directions for which we need to ensure that Indian artists should also stop visiting the Islamic hell hole of Pakistan. It is more than enough to let Aamir and Shahrukh pay obeisance to their fans there, but rest of the nationalists can survive very well without that honour.

[​IMG]

Of course, the problem with implementing this second dimension is that the rules of the game are still determined by the leftist ecosystem, which is deeply entrenched in our lives. Anupam Kher openly speaks about Kashmiri Pandits but he still has to prove his secular credentials and well there is no better way to prove it than visit Pak. Although he should be given some slack due to his artistic credentials, but why on earth does anyone need to visit Pak, a country which is very well known to be India hater, to show his art.

So, what is the way forward? It is fairly straight forward and simple. Indian artists do not have to beg for visa from the world renowned beggar i.e. Pakistan. There is no reason to feel hurt by Pak’s denial to give visa to Indian artists. It is only helping the Indian cause as it now becomes much easier to lobby for ban on more Pak artists citing their bigotry as shown in the case of Anupam Kher. Pakistan has served us with such a good case to beat down the “Aman ki tamasha” brigade once and forever. So, just go and grab it cheerfully rather than bash Pakis and leftists for their foolishness. They just shot themselves in their foot.

Supporting the ban on “Ghulam Alis” could not have been this easy without Pak support!! Thank you Pakistan!!

http://yugaparivartan.com/2016/02/02/thank-you-pak-for-banning-anupam-kher/

3. prasadr14

prasadr14 Regular Member

There is another angle to why Anupam Kher chose to publicize this..

To expose the double standards of intolerance and award wapasi brigade.
    I believe this is the correct tactic.
    Too long we have played the game straight.
    We need to learn to play this twisted game in the same manner these sickulars play.

VIP, saty, AbRaj and 1 other person like this.
  4. Screambowl

Screambowl Senior Member Senior Member

hahahahahahahaa ........
    time to annex Pak. :p

5. AbRaj

AbRaj Regular Member

I don't think so, every time I hear about secular politicians using Pak events to prove his/her secular cresidential by talking against our national policy and against national interests from likes of Mani Shankar Idiot, Salman khurshid, Kulkarni,
    Why not Kher, Tharoor and others use the same stage to counter their views, what's wrong with that??

6. Kshatriya87

Kshatriya87 Senior Member Senior Member

Pakistan finally offers visa, Anupam Kher says 'no thanks'

http://www.abplive.in/india-news/pakistan-finally-offers-visa-anupam-kher-says-no-thanks-284564

New Delhi: Following furore over Anupam Kher being denied a visa by Islamabad, Pakistan finally complied by offering him a visa to Karachi but the actor has turned down the offer.

“Thank you Mr. @abasitpak1 for your call & offering me visa to visit Karachi. I appreciate it. Unfortunately i’ve given away those dates now,” Kher tweeted.

Pakistan’s High Commissioner to India, Abdul Basit, earlier reiterated that Kher did not submit his documents like other participants, which is why he was denied the visa to attend the Karachi Literature Festival.

“I know Anupam Kher sahab. He is a great artist and we have great respect for him. But as it is universal practice, visa request is processed when visa application is received, not on the basis of an invitation letter from a visiting country,” Basit said.

“We wish that his office had submitted his visa documents as other participants did and got their visa on time. No visa application was submitted to us,” he added.

However, Kher flatly refused the claims and said that the Pakistan High Commission was lying.

“I am not angry with anyone. I am hurt and saddened…the organiser of the Karachi lit fest said that the government officials told her not to invite Anupam Kher. I don’t know why? I would request the Government of India to take up this matter (with Pakistan),” Kher told the media.

Kher, who was to attend the Karachi Literature Festival on February 5, was denied visa by Pakistan.

The actor was denied a Pakistani visa in May 2015 as well, when he wanted to visit the country to attend a literary festival in Lahore.

7. Kshatriya87

Anupam Kher is not welcome in Pakistan, and Bollywood doesn't want to take anymore risks

http://www.firstpost.com/bollywood/...oesnt-want-to-take-anymore-risks-2609574.html

My dear friend Anupam Kher had a very busy evening on Tuesday.

He was on every major news channel trying to keep his temper in check as supporters of a liberal policy-approach to Pakistan — or were they simply freebie fanatics impatient to head to Karachi for a lit-fest and some Mughlai cuisine? — argued nonsensically about Anupam “looking for it” by constantly speaking against the intolerance debate and for making alleged anti-Pakistani statements.

This is, according to me, pure hokum. I have nothing against Pakistan personally — and I have come across lovely people and great artistes from across the border. But why should we visit a country that is selective about its hospitality?
    Do we need Pakistan’s approval for what Anupam Kher or anyone else says in their home country before being invited there?

[​IMG]
    Anupam Kher during the media conference. Image courtesy: CNN-IBN screengrab

It’s shameful that we continue to host actors and musicians from across the border, and not just for one event, we even provide them with alternative careers in Bollywood since they don’t have opportunities at home. And yet when it comes respecting our great artistes, they fall short by a wide mark.

If, as the cultural ambassadors of cross-border peace believe, politics should not be mixed with art, then why was Anupam denied a visa allegedly for his strong political views on the culture of rhetorics on intolerance?
    It’s a little selfish to be attending a literary festival in a country which continues to send terrorists to plunder our country. How can we break bread with those who want to break our country?

This brings us to the debate that occupies Bollywood’s most liberal minds.
    Should we welcome Pakistani’s actors and musicians when the attitude from the other end it at the most one of suspicious cordiality?

Singer Abhijeet Bhattacharya, who may be the self-appointed motor-mouth of the music world, seems to have found unexpected support for his campaign to ban Pakistani artistes from Bollywood. When he says we don’t “need” Pakistani artistes in Bollywood he echoes the sentiments of a lot of folks from the Indian entertainment industry.

Singer Anoop Jalota opened up a Pandora’s Box when he confessed he had no intentions of going to Pakistan to perform, not now, not ever.

Other even more iconised Indian singers and musicians have said the same to me in secret. “Suppose something untoward happens?” a legendary singer shuddered.

And bravado be damned.

One can understand their reluctance to come out in the open with their absolute refusal to be seen on Pakistani soil.
    After all, in some circles of our country’s intelligentsia, it is eminently fashionable to wear ‘We Love Pakistan’ t-shirts. Just as talking of eating beef has suddenly become a popular form of protest among liberal Hindus.

Reality, as they say, bites. Sometimes in morsels. Even Salman Khan with all his overtures across the border in Bajrangi Bhaijaan didn’t finally make it to across Pakistan to promote the film.

The truth is, there is fear, apprehension, suspicion, hostility and yes, hatred among people on both sides of the border.

Bollywood is not willing to take risks any more.

Similarly, we are not willing to send Lata Mangeshkar to Pakistan even if the government there promises her safety. Even today at age 84, she gets hordes of requests on twitter from fans in Pakistan to visit the country.

A very well-known Bollywood filmmaker, who hero-worships Lataji and Ashaji reasons, “We’d never want them to risk it. I think eminent artistes like Gulzar sa'ab and Naseeruddin Shah, who keep visiting Pakistan and speak of the warmth they receive from the people there, miss the point . The ones who are liable to target our artistes are not the ones who invite Gulzar saab and Naseer saab home for biryani and intellectual conversations . The terrorists ranks are separate lobby. They are not fans of Lataji, let me assure you of that.”

A well-known music composer famous for his toe-tapping robust raga-reggae unions says, “I’ve had at least 5-6 invitation to perform in Pakistan. To be frightfully honest,
    I am scared. And I’d be petrified if Lataji went. It’d be like sending the Kohinoor to bhendi bazaar."

Get your act together, Pakistan. Then only we’ll think of Bajrangi Bhaijaan as more than just a glorious bout of fantasy.

saty likes this.
  8. Kshatriya87

Whoever wrote this ^^ article, portrays our feelings very well.