Thai billionaire who created Red Bull dies

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
Thai billionaire who created Red Bull dies - Houston Chronicle
BANGKOK (AP) — Chaleo Yoovidhya, the self-made Thai billionaire who introduced the world to "energy drinks" and co-founded the globally popular Red Bull brand, has died. He was in his 80s.

Chaleo died of natural causes in Bangkok on Saturday, according to local media reports and state television broadcaster, MCOT, which cited the Thai Beverage Industry Association.

SPIEZ

Country flag
Red Bull really gave him wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiings

Koovie

Red Bull has been made by a Thai?!
anyway...
R.I.P. you have made one of the best drinks in the history of mankind...................

Mr.Ryu

Country flag
What i thought it was from west lol all this long any how R.I.P to the brave flying soul

kaustav2001

Country flag
Amazing wonder how many people actually knew that he was Thai. RIP.....I guess he finally got his Wings

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
Red Bull is actually Bull Urine. They had a local Thai drink that contained Bull Urine,Caffine etc., and later they synthesized the chemicals and made it to Red Bull. The main ingredient of it is Taurin and i must say it is very good for the heart. Tarus in Greek is Bull and Urine is Piss, So Gomuthar treatment went captalistic in a way.

amoy

Long long ago on our way to have fun one of us requested to stop over for Red Bull drinks so that he could stay up late "energetically". That was my 1st time to taste it though I knew it before. Ja, I thought it American too, but Mr. Yoovidhya is a Chinese Thai.

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
Long long ago on our way to have fun one of us requested to stop over for Red Bull drinks so that he could stay up late "energetically". That was my 1st time to taste it though I knew it before. Ja, I thought it American too, but Mr. Yoovidhya is a Chinese Thai.
He is not a Chinese thai you Edited. I know you only posted to say he is Chinese, he is actually an Thai Thai.

Last edited by a moderator:

nimo_cn

Country flag
He is not a Chinese thai you. I know you only posted to say he is Chinese, he is actually an Thai Thai.
I am only replying this because I dislike your language.

Chaleo Yoovidhya - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Chaleo was born on August 17, 1923, into a poor Thai Chinese migrant family in Phichit. His family earned a living raising ducks and trading fruit.
According to Baidu Baike, Chinese equivalent of Wikipedia, he was born in Hannan province of China, 1922, and was brought to his father in Thailand 2 years later.

http://baike.baidu.com/view/2687946.htm
许书标,泰国"饮料大王"ï¼Œæ˜¯çº¢ç‰›(Red Bull)饮料创办人,1922年生于海南文昌宝芳乡坑尾园村。2岁由亲人带赴泰国和父亲团聚,20余岁步入社会,找到一份推销员的职业,一家一户推销药品,熟悉药品行情。

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Calling Mr. Chaleo Yoovidhya Chinese is like calling Ms. Madeleine Albright Czech...

JAYRAM

2 STRIKE CORPS
Seems he is chinese born by looks..

H.A.

Does his nationality matter now??? He is dead now its better we leave it that way rather than making this obituary thread a nationality thread

SPIEZ

Country flag
Red Bull has been made by a Thai?!
anyway...
R.I.P. you have made one of the best drinks in the history of mankind...................
What i thought it was from west lol all this long any how R.I.P to the brave flying soul
The creator of the drink was a Thai, the person who made it famous was an Australian. It was initially banned across several countries, but it continues to be a popular energy drink.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles