Thackeray's grandson booked, dance bar raided; Girls forced into prostitution rescued

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by Singh, Mar 10, 2011.

1. Singh

Singh Phat Cat Administrator

Bal Thackeray's grandson booked, dance bar raided

In a dramatic development in the drive against dance bars in Mumbai, the police raided Sangeet Bar, a dance bar owned by Nihar Thackeray, Shiv Sena supremo, Bal Thackeray’s grandson.

The raid began at 12.30 am on Thursday, after the police were tipped off on nefarious activities going on in the name of dancing (which is banned). Three men Ramesh Shetty, Harish Shetty and Arjun Thapa, were arrested and nine women were rescued under the Prevention of Immoral Trafficking Act (PITA). The nine rescued women, believed to have been forced into prostitution, were produced in the Mazgaon court.

Madhukar Chaudhari, police inspector of Santacruz police station said that a case has been lodged against Nihar Thackeray, Anu Shetty, Jairaj Shukla and Jagannath Mishra who were untraceable. Nihar’s accomplices are bar employees.

http://www.indianexpress.com/news/bal-thackerays-grandson-booked-dance-bar-raided/760645/

Nagraj likes this.
  3. sayareakd

sayareakd Moderator Moderator

may be what Thackeray wants to say is that we want to experience what is wrong with bar dance so that others dont see it.

4. Oracle

Oracle New Member

So much for Me Marathi Rakshak and pompous talks! These guys should be thoroughly investigated and strongly persecuted as per the law.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2011
  5. Daredevil

Daredevil On Vacation! Administrator

As usual, a deal will be struck between SS and Congress and the political heir will go scot-free. Sanjay Dutt anyone?.

6. nrj

nrj Stars and Ambassadors Stars and Ambassadors

LOL...

We rarely see Thakrey's bad side made public. Dance bars are just few things. SS is into many more illegal affairs.

Police departments & civil servants are frequently harassed by SS for one or many reasons. Seems that Mumbai Police had it enough for now & took the action...

7. SHASH2K2

SHASH2K2 New Member

I Fail to understand why people are after that poor soul. He was there trying to help Bar girls to make a decent living. He was putting hard earned money of his Grandfather and and father to proper use. Spend from where you earn.

8. sayareakd

sayareakd Moderator Moderator

you want to say that he was doing social service by using services of those poor girls.....

9. SHASH2K2

SHASH2K2 New Member

1. He was doing a social service by helping those bar girl financially. after all Grandson of Bal Thakre will spend money as per his reputation.
    2. he was returning money to poor's from whom his GFather and Father earned. (I mean sucked their blood).
    3. I think Shiv sena is planning to revert ban on Bar dancings. He was just doing a research on the issue as well about whats PRo and Cons of it .

10. Oracle

Oracle New Member

Understand the sarcasm, Saya Sir :D

11. warriorextreme

warriorextreme Senior Member Senior Member

I think he is thrown out of family..smita thakrey is also thrown out of family.

12. captonjohn

captonjohn Regular Member

SHASHNK,

You are saying he was doing social service at 12:30 am in a dance bar? Men I think you are just fooling yourself by saying this because everyone here can easily understand by reading this news that what could be reality there. Tell me why he need to go to dance bar to help those bar girls at late night 12:30 am without informing police or their people?

What he was giving them, money? If he wanted to help then he could meet them in the day light, he could arrange a job for them, he could open a short business so that these girl can become self dependent. This is what he could do if he wanted to help them but nothing has been seen so far.

Don't fool yourself or even others because reality is not going to change. Shiv sena, MNS, Bajrang Dal etc. all come in same category, they just make noise beat people, break some vehicles on the name of "Maratha Manus" and culture. These guys beat girls on valentine day, they guys beats poor guys coming from north india, south india. They are just doing a dirty politics for their own interest man so open your eyes and see what reality is.

13. warriorextreme

warriorextreme Senior Member Senior Member

i was still laughing reading his sarcastic post..but you took it seriously and ruined it :p

panduranghari likes this.
  14. pmaitra

pmaitra Moderator Moderator

Shash2k2 bhai, he was helping these bar girls earn a living all right, but it can hardly be called decent.

15. SHASH2K2

SHASH2K2 New Member

Bhai sahab mere karaksh ya sarcasm ko samjhen aap . I am not trying to justify what Junior thakrey did .

Last edited: Mar 10, 2011
  16. pmaitra

pmaitra Moderator Moderator

I see. Sorry for misunderstanding your sarcasm. You see, prostitution is legal in some countries, a decent livelihood for some people. :D

17. SHASH2K2

SHASH2K2 New Member

Yaar yaar yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar Main Pak gaya hoon. I am fed up . Please just bother to read carefully . You are third person who is unable to understand exactly what I was trying to say.

18. Blackwater

Blackwater Veteran Member Veteran Member

Thakrey new gunda in making

19. Singh

Sanjay Dutt spent quite a lot of years in prison. !

20. Singh

Did anyone notice most of the people indicted with Thackeray are non Marathis (Shetty - Tulu rest UP-Bihar) !!

21. captonjohn

captonjohn Regular Member

Sorry mate, I couldn't understood that you were pulling leg of grand thakrey. By the way this type of social service bahot ho rahi hai aajkal.