Terrorist attack on Pathankot Airbase

Navneet Kundu

The enemies of India always have the strategic plans to break, weaken and destroy India.
That is true as a broad observation but the specific point that I am trying to harp on is that if Pakistan wasn't under any influence, it would prefer to invest in its Naval and Air assets, but the Americans make sure that they pressurize Pakistan to spend almost all the aid on ground assets to keep India in check. So I disagree on the part where you say 'particularly Pakistan' because if Pakistan had more Naval and Air assets, it would be more lethal force in general which could project power even in Central Asia (via air) and Africa and Middle East (via Navy). What I'm saying is Pakistan is not as smart as we give it credit for; It doesn't have the capacity or the intelligence to pose a threat had it not been for USA. That makes the US our primary concern.

My analysis is based on Ajit Doval's quote : "You can't fight an enemy which you are unable to define". I believe time has come to switch our strategic thinking from saying 'particularly Pakistan' to 'particularly USA'. You can't deter an aggressor if you don't know who the aggressor is. I've seen calls for covert actions against Pakistan but I believe, as per the highest traditions of Indian culture which teaches us to share the 'prasad' with everyone, we should make sure that if an Indian interest is hurt anywhere, we should insist that we want to share it with not just Pakistan but USA and China.

After all, don't forget, last time Gurdaspur was attacked, we found American night vision equipment. It's time we started sharing the 'prasad' with all deserving candidates.

Last edited:

Nicky G

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
What is the difference between Congress and BJP when dealing with Pakistan and Terrorism - NOTHING
Well there is - BJP sellouts are able to push through their betrayals by the virtue of being perceived as being more nationalistic.

Even now indications are that the peace talks will go on. We can't let the all important peace talks be derailed by something as trivial as an attack on IAF base by 'fringe' elements.

Congis would be too cowardly to continue these sham talks, Modi will likely push on.

guru-dutt

Well there is - BJP sellouts are able to push through their betrayals by the virtue of being perceived as being more nationalistic.

Even now indications are that the peace talks will go on. We can't let the all important peace talks be derailed by something as trivial as an attack on IAF base by 'fringe' elements.

Congis would be too cowardly to continue these sham talks, Modi will likely push on.
looks more like that there will be one more big issue before the shit hits the fan but dont think any peace talks could go on or if they still do the modi will loose all that strong leader appeal

Nicky G

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
looks more like that there will be one more big issue before the shit hits the fan but dont think any peace talks could go on or if they still do the modi will loose all that strong leader appeal
We'll see about the talks - there will be official statements, but even otherwise, nothing that Modi has done thus far as PM - domestically or internationally, really depicts him as a strong leader. i am not sure what people still cling on to. He is just another politician.

The point is even if we call off talks now - what was the point?

Srinivas_K

Country flag
India's enemies do not fight face to face, except China they are straight forward.

But if they want to hurt India, they will arm Pakistan to the teeth and give the privileges.

Regarding Naval and air assets, do not forget in 1965 India and Pakistan have neck to neck strength and their weaponry is more advanced.

Pakistan is the dagger which is used by our enemy's hand, the Jihadis in ISI, pakistan army and other jihadi groups are happy to be used by enemies of India.

So it is Pakistan which becomes prime area of concern for Indian security establishment. Others may have schemes but the implementation comes from near areas around India.

That is true as a broad observation but the specific point that I am trying to harp on is that if Pakistan wasn't under any influence, it would prefer to invest in its Naval and Air assets, but the Americans make sure that they pressurize Pakistan to spend almost all the aid on ground assets to keep India in check. So I disagree on the part where you say 'particularly Pakistan' because if Pakistan had more Naval and Air assets, it would be more lethal force in general which could project power even in Central Asia (via air) and Africa and Middle East (via Navy). What I'm saying is Pakistan is not as smart as we give it credit for; It doesn't have the capacity or the intelligence to pose a threat had it not been for USA. That makes the US our primary concern.

My analysis is based on Ajit Doval's quote : "You can't fight an enemy which you are unable to define". I believe time has come to switch our strategic thinking from saying 'particularly Pakistan' to 'particularly USA'. You can't deter an aggressor if you don't know who the aggressor is. I've seen calls for covert actions against Pakistan but I believe, as per the highest traditions of Indian culture which teaches us to share the 'prasad' with everyone, we should make sure that if an Indian interest is hurt anywhere, we should insist that we want to share it with not just Pakistan but USA and China.

If US assets started coming under attack by 'non-state actors' after every attack on Indian soil, I believe the message will be clear. After all, don't forget, last time Gurdaspur was attacked, we found American night vision equipment. It's time we started sharing the 'prasad' with all deserving candidates.

Blackwater

Question to be asked Wat the f.uck BSF is doing . The Punjab border is heavenly guard . Electrified , infrared camera and motion sensor . Fire some BSF officials

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
If India read Modi is not going to avenge this attack then it will be detrimental for India and Indian forces's moral.

Hit them and hit these Punjabi Pigs of JeM and LeT hard and then send your interlocutors for peace talk, the peace talk must continue uninterrupted I repeat.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
Question to be asked Wat the f.uck BSF is doing . The Punjab border is heavenly guard . Electrified , infrared camera and motion sensor . Fire some BSF officials
The bigger question is if they had specific input many hours before, there shouldn't have been any causalities.

guru-dutt

We'll see about the talks - there will be official statements, but even otherwise, nothing that Modi has done thus far as PM - domestically or internationally, really depicts him as a strong leader. i am not sure what people still cling on to. He is just another politician.

The point is even if we call off talks now - what was the point?
looks more like officially peace talks will be done as a face saver but lets forget peace with pakistan and start prepairing for a rough ride which looks inevitable to me as punjabi politicans sure gonna make something out to get of this issue .

Nicky G

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Looks like this might get really ugly:

Reports say that the fifth terrorist hiding in the area could be a suicide bomber.

looks more like officially peace talks will be done as a face saver but lets forget peace with pakistan and start prepairing for a rough ride which looks inevitable to me as punjabi politicans sure gonna make something out to get of this issue .
Who thought that peace was really possible? Forget the silly peace talks, I don't care about them.

Unless we hit back at the terror camps after these JeM scum that have had the audacity to attack our IAF base, we will look utterly spineless and rightly so.

Frankly, I don't care what the Punjabi politicians make of this, this is way beyond politics.

garg_bharat

Country flag
The political outreach to Pakistan can be done at the same time as anti-terrorism steps are taken. India must take every step for external and internal defence.

One must understand that a majority of Pakistani want to live peacefully with India. The political process must be oriented towards this majority.

There are extreme and terrorist elements as well in Pakistan and India must take steps to shield itself from those.

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
The political outreach to Pakistan can be done at the same time as anti-terrorism steps are taken. India must take every step for external and internal defence.

One must understand that a majority of Pakistani want to live peacefully with India. The political process must be oriented towards this majority.

There are extreme and terrorist elements as well as Pakistan and India must take steps to shield itself from those.
Did you just woke up from a dream!! Continue living in pipe-dream.

garg_bharat

Country flag
There is no 100% foolproof method to eliminate terrorism. The best is to arm yourself and keep the vigil.

garg_bharat

Country flag
Did you just woke up from a dream!! Continue living in pipe-dream.
I firmly believe that India will have to merge with Pakistan first and Bangladesh later in the next 30-40 years. It is important to create a political basis first.

guru-dutt

a large explosion heard in the air base any news on that ?

Srinivas_K

Country flag
The bigger question is if they had specific input many hours before, there shouldn't have been any causalities.
For every terror attack happened in India, there are 10 more which were prevented. Lets not blame the security agencies ... India is a big target and any one with an AK 47 can do a terror attack.

Navneet Kundu

India's enemies do not fight face to face, except China they are straight forward.
Agree with you on that. I think we should cultivate a working understanding with China. I see lot of strategic dividends to having an understanding with China. Both, the US and China have armed Pakistan with the dual purpose of first containing us and second, to pressurize Pakistan, when convenient, to make them grant some concessions to India in exchange for squeezing some favors out of India. Once the US starts getting the feeling that India is consulting and co-operating with China to get its 'Pakistan problem' tempered, and that China is starting to use its leverage to solve certain problems in exchange for Indian concessions and that an India-China bonhomie is emerging, they will fall back in line.

I think we should also use the chaos in Nepal to our advantage and tacitly allow China to erode whatever leverage the US has cultivated in Nepal before taking any coercive steps to restore our own primacy. The US and Britain have military basses in Nepal and I'm sure ELINT posts to spy on both India and China. We could use the Maoist takeover of Nepal to our advantage if the new government manages to oust these western military bases. Rest is for India and China to sort out among themselves.

aliyah

i am curious here.Does the Punjab SP travel without weapons on them, there were total 4 peple in the car including driver...no one carried weapons or used them when confronted?.

secondly if combing operation were carried out, why were they in effective
exactly.....seems like terrorist used drug route

Srinivas_K

Country flag

There are extreme and terrorist elements as well in Pakistan and India must take steps to shield itself from those.
How much time it takes for the majority of Pakistanis to pledge the alliance if an Islamic leader comes out for Jihad against India on the streets of Pakistan yelling all of you to follow true path of Islam (.i.e to make this earth ruled by Sharia and Islam dominating)

1 hour, 1 day or 1 week?

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
i am curious here.Does the Punjab SP travel without weapons on them, there were total 4 peple in the car including driver...no one carried weapons or used them when confronted?.

secondly if combing operation were carried out, why were they in effective
Quoting from Salwinder’s complaint, DSP Pathankot (Rural) Kuldeep Singh said, “Salwinder told us he was coming back from Talur village in his personal SUV after paying obeisance at a religious place… They reached a fuel station in Kolian village, Pathankot, around 1 am. Five persons signalled them to stop. Verma, who was driving, stopped the vehicle. The men were dressed in Army fatigues and were heavily armed. Salwinder said there is a blue beacon on his vehicle, which was switched off when they were asked to stop.” “All five men got into the vehicle and started assaulting the three occupants. After travelling around 20 km, they stopped the vehicle and tied Salwinder and Gopal to the trees. They took Verma with them and threw him out of the car about four km away. He sustained minor injuries,” said Kuldeep. “Meanwhile, Salwinder and the cook managed to free themselves and reached a nearby house, from where they called police at 2:45 am. The SUV was found abandoned in a village that falls in Himachal Pradesh, near Pathankot,” Kuldeep added. Kuldeep said the alleged assailants also snatched mobile phones from Salwinder and Verma. - See more at: http://indianexpress.com/article/in...b-sp-car-jack-abduction/#sthash.J29tleKm.dpuf

quite suspicious chap..................
Plus time line is not correct.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles