Terror strikes France again: Over 73 dead in Terror Truck attack

OneGrimPilgrim

Country flag
Not a big resolve. One guy has to stand up and accept being labeled a genocidal maniac by history. Problem solved.
or who knows, may not perhaps be called so, esp. when 'the only true terror' does its nanga naach even more. chances are, such a guy then could also be hailed and worshipped and his name mentioned in utmost respect, succeeded by a PBUH in parenthesis. afterall, dont we already have the precedent of a profit in history? albeit this time, the tide will be opposite.

Navnit Kundu

Pika Hu Akbarrr!!
Not a big resolve. One guy has to stand up and accept being labeled a genocidal maniac by history. Problem solved.
That is exactly what was going through my mind when I saw so many people accumulated in one place for a terrorist's funeral.

"If only I had a machine gun with unlimited ammo and a cyanide capsule with me....." but then it was late night and I was tired so I went to sleep.

Nathanmarcus

84 people killed in truck attack in Nice, France

A gunman reportedly linked to a militant group has driven a truck into a crowd in Nice, France, killing nearly 84 people and injuring more than 50. The ‘terror attack’ occurred during the Bastille Day fireworks at the Promenade des Anglais on Thursday.

The driver was shot dead by the police and the truck he was driving contained weapons and grenades, according to media sources. An investigation is underway to find out whether the driver alone was involved in the attack.

An investigating source was quoted by The Telegraph as saying: "He was known to the police for violence, and using weapons, but had no direct links with terrorism. "His identity car was found in the lorry. He had French and Tunisian nationality." French President François Hollande will extend the state of emergency in the country, originally due to end on July 26, for another three months.

The country had been on high alert since November 2015 after more than 130 people were killed and hundreds were wounded in series of terrorist attacks in Paris. The BBC quoted Hollande as saying that operational reserves will support the army and security forces across the country in tackling the situation, with focus on the borders.No terror groups have so far have claimed responsibility for the attack.

Tony HMG

Country flag
Political correctness is going to destroy Europe. England,Belgium,Holland are next.

thethinker

Country flag
OK, the bastard's name is Mohamed Lahouaiej Bouhlel. I'm guessing he doesn't practice Taoism.
#truckhasnoreligion is trending on Twitter.

Barkha Dutt type journos will probably blame the truck first, the victims next as they seemed to be in way of innocent Mohammed Bouhlel driving.

Science Singh

Country flag
Chinese commies are not commies, those people are meritocratic technocrats who have one goal in mind, to see china as the most prosperous powerful advanced superpower and they are willing to do anything for that,

they are not driven by ideological purity or utopian fantasy of communism but are pragmatic openminded flexible realistic and willing to change their mind on everything, they were purist and mad insane till mao zedong was leader after that the biggest change was 1980 deng xioping free market shift & after that everything changed, economically politicaly n even ideologically.
In last 30-40 years china has shown world how to get almost anything done in most efficient effective manner.

The way they are going nothing can stop them from becoming no. 1 in next 30-50 years even militarily.

I'll argue, today china has the best system. Democracy is fundamentally a rotten system although that is a different discussion altogether.

and that's why I repeatedly keep uttering - howmuchever bad & enraging it may feel, in the grand scheme of things, the rot should keep coming and coming out in the open, aur paap ka ghada bharte rahna chaahiye, for it & the paapis to ultimately break with a deafening blast!
I don't even hate the Chinese commies. I hate the Indian commies, but these are supported by the west, not by China. China is doing the right thing as far as the safety of Asia is concerned. We must play our part and contribute. Whenever an European looks at Asia as a competitor and tries to do an evaluation of our strengths and weaknesses, I bet the first thing they notice about Asia is that Islam is the largest religion here (according to PEW). They must be laughing at us whenever we claim that 'this is Asian century'. One can't run a marathon race with gangrene in the leg. I don't think there will even be a consensus against Islamic terrorism as the west sees it as an asset to threaten and weaken their enemies.

Science Singh

Country flag
Frankly I don't want them to solve this problem in Europe or west, let them get culturally enriched as India had been enriched by Islamic scums from last 1000 years.

Islam, Christianity & Communism, all three are our enemies, Politicaly communism is more or less defeated in India, although it is working as a shield for Christlamist.

Christianity & Islam should fight each other in Europe and we should grab popcorn as both will get weakened by their fight & we should revive repackage market "sanatan Dharma" in whole world.

Our problem is Christlamism in India.

Pessimism is death my friend if goes unchecked,

why don't you see a solution in near future? It is we all who create future however the way we want it or atleast try.

Sanatan Dharma came close to extinction many times in past, but great people fought and revived it, ie Shankaracharya, Shivaji, Maharana, Sikhs, Bhakti movement etc

& today rss vhp may be lying low but don't forget their goal is glorious superpower Bharat & they are willing to do anything to achieve that including violence like parshuram kali sikhs etc. Almost every Hindu god carries some type of weapon n their is a reason for that.
Although preference is to solve issues non violently or with minimum violence.

We need to awaken & organize the Hindus, it is happening but we need to increase our speed by 100 times.

Throw away this hesitation confusion like arjuna in kurukshetra.

As far as I see, It is my moral righteous dharmic duty to protect the most glorious spiritual civilization ever created on this planet & I can assure you i'll give everything ie mind body sweat & if needed blood family n life too.

Har Har Mahadev

@Navnit Kundu @Sakal Gharelu Ustad @OneGrimPilgrim @HariPrasad-1 @Ancient Indian @Panjab47 @Kshatriya87 @LETHALFORCE
I don't see any solution in near future. It needs super big resolve to solve this menace.

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
@BON PLAN @Tactical Frog
Why are such large scale attack happening in France with such a rate? RIP to all the victims. The right wing will now be even stronger, however French domestic intelligence will need reform.
Hi all,
It's because France is invested in black africa, Syria, and maybe in Lybia against IS. In Mali we smashed them, and they are angry because at the beginning they hoped to beat us easily on their own field.
It's because our borders are less protected than US ones (an effect of the EU deregulation).
It's because a lot of muslims live in France (it's easyer for terrorists to found support and help). Maybe too much??? It's my opinion.
It's because our laws anf justice men are too weak. Too much liberty without some barriers....

I'm afraid there will be a break between european origin French men, and muslim ones....

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
Political correctness is going to destroy Europe. England,Belgium,Holland are next.
Absolutely !
We must have the courage to say : "You are welcome in France (or Belgium or...), we will take care of you. BUT, BUT you have to respect our nation, our traditions, speak our langage and not make proselytism. If not, there are a lot of muslim country were you will be better. It's not to us to adapt to you, but the contrary".

Blackwater

First of all RIP to the dead.

It's high time that Muslims immigration and Muslim population in west should be curbed.

banned new ones coming to west.

french president should resign ,he can't stooped 3 serious attack on France.

french intelligence has gone to eat grass

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
I doubt we will be seeing any change in attitude from French government. At best we will see a announcement that one or two squadrons of rafale will be added in the iraq region.

There is a reason this country has been occupied twice, and needed outsiders to come and free them both the time. In their quest for political correctness, they won't even notice rug being pulled under their feet.

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
Absolutely !
We must have the courage to say : "You are welcome in France (or Belgium or...), we will take care of you. BUT, BUT you have to respect our nation, our traditions, speak our langage and not make proselytism. If not, there are a lot of muslim country were you will be better. It's not to us to adapt to you, but the contrary".
Intellectual masturbation.

Just tell them to convert to Xtianity before coming in else it won't work.

SANITY

Why Terrorists Keep Succeeding in France

By
Leonid Bershidsky
France is in the line of fire. Of the 16 terrorist incidents that took place in Western nations this year, five were in France, including the deadliest one -- Thursday's apparent lone wolf attack in Nice, which killed at least 84 people.

A little more than a week before the attack, a commission set up by the French parliament gave its version of the reasons for France's endangered state in a massive report. Apart from an objective threat the country faces thanks to its colonial past and a failure to integrate North African immigrants, it also suffers from inadequate policing.

"All the French citizens who struck within the nation's territory in 2015 were known, in one capacity or another, to judicial, penal or intelligence services," the report says. "They have all been on file, watched, listened to or incarcerated along their path of delinquency toward violent radicalization."

As in the case of Orlando shooter Omar Mateen, the French security services watched several of the terrorists who later committed the worst attacks of 2015 -- such as the Kouachi brothers, who massacred the staff of satirical weekly Charlie Hebdo. They failed to put any surveillance on Amedy Coulibaly who took hostages in Paris directly after that attack. Samy Amimour, who last November fired into a crowd of concertgoers in Paris, had traveled to Syria, had been questioned and placed under administrative surveillance; but nothing was done after he missed several weekly checks in a row, and a lack of coordination between police and intelligence services made sure he wasn't tracked. Another shooter from the Bataclan theater, Omar Mostefai, had been identified to the French authorities by Turkish intelligence as a dangerous radical. He wasn't watched either.

The list goes on. It's not that the French security agencies lacked the resources to watch the suspected terrorists: According to the report, in 2015 the French security services had a quota for 2,700 people whose communications could be intercepted, but actual monitoring never even approached that number

French law enforcement agencies have prevented nine terror attacks since the beginning of 2015, mostly by watching known suspects with Islamic State sympathies, but they have missed too many others. The French law enforcement bureaucracy is in a permanent state of reform, but the services still often work in their own silos. For example, there is a cooperation gap between the gendarmerie, which polices rural France, and domestic intelligence. Many of the future terrorists are radicalized in the French prisons, but only a "prison intelligence" force of 114 people is supposed to monitor such developments in a prison population of 68,000 and among 235,000 parolees.

Reportedly, 60 percent of French prisoners are Muslims, compared with 8 percent of France's total population. France has a well-known problem with integrating its Muslim community: It is afflicted with high unemployment and concentrated in ghettos on the edge of big cities, breeding grounds for all kinds of crime, from petty drug dealing to terrorism. Youths with a criminal record are excellent material for radicalization: It gives them a cause for which to fight. And yet the French government barely has a system for tracking this risk group's embrace of radical Islam.

That's how French law enforcement missed the 31-year-old Tunisian-born resident of Nice who drove a rented heavy truck into a crowd of revelers on Nice's Promenade des Anglais on Thursday. Like other French terrorists before him, he was known to the police for various petty acts of violence, yet he was never investigated for terrorist leanings or connections. The parliamentary commission made 40 proposals aimed at boosting France's capacity to fight terrorism. They range from simple measures like more target practice for cops -- something that might have prevented the Nice truck driver from plowing through the crowds for as long as he did -- to the establishment of a stronger prison intelligence service and better coordination of anti-terrorist activities.

That won't remove the problems at the root of all the French attacks -- the hostility between the Muslim community and much of the rest of France and the globalization of terror, which makes France a convenient target because of the linguistic and cultural heritage it left in its former colonies. "We must no longer think in terms of French or French-resident people, but in terms of francophones," Patrick Calvar, head of France's domestic intelligence, told the commission. "Thousands of Tunisians, thousands of Moroccans and Algerians can be dispatched into our territory."

These problems cannot be easily fixed, though. They are probably impossible to resolve in our lifetime because they were many decades in the making. All France can do in the short term is to improve policing, make it smarter and make sure signals don't get crossed or extinguished in the bureaucracy.

The French government realizes that, and it's getting reasonable advice, but while the bureaucratic wheels turn and big structures reform themselves, more attackers slip through the net

Last edited:

pmaitra

Disturbing video but not graphic:

On a related note, Trump has suggested that anyone wanting Sharia Law in the US should be deported. I think France needs to seriously consider this.
I am sorry, I was wrong. It wasn't Trump. It was Newt Gingrich, a prominent US politician, and a Trump supporter, who said that.

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
That is exactly what was going through my mind when I saw so many people accumulated in one place for a terrorist's funeral.

"If only I had a machine gun with unlimited ammo and a cyanide capsule with me....." but then it was late night and I was tired so I went to sleep.
The things you can do with an A10 Warthog and its lovely GAU-8.

spikey360

Crusader
Country flag
Three facts we know.
# Terror has no religion
# This has nothing to do with Iszzlam
# iZZlam is a religion of peace

Global Defence

New threads

Articles