Tennis players, PTF hopeful of help from Sania Mirza

Rage

DFI TEAM
This should put an end to it:

Will Sania Mirza play for Pakistan after marriage? No, says AITA

New Delhi: Pakistan may want Sania Mirza to play for them after marrying cricketer Shoaib Malik but the tennis ace remains committed to representing India, the All India Tennis association said here on Thursday.

01/04/2010

"Sania Mirza and her parents have informed AITA that she will continue to play for India after her marriage with Shoaib Malik. She has confirmed to be part of the Indian team in the 2010 Commonwealth Games at Delhi, Asian Games in Guangzhou, China, the 2011 Fed Cup and the 2012 Olympics at London," AITA Secretary General Anil Khanna said in a statement.

The statement came after Pakistan Tennis Federation chief Dilawar Abbas said he hoped to see Sania play for Pakistan after marrying Shoaib later this month.

Pakistan Tennis Federation chief Dilawar Abbas has said that India's tennis sensation Sania Mirza should represent Pakistan in international tennis tournaments after entering into wedlock with cricketer Shoaib Malik. Sania, however, had already made it clear that she intends to continue playing for India even after tying the knot on April 15 in Hyderabad.

"It is great news for our tennis community that Sania Mirza is getting married to Shoaib Malik. We welcome her and hope that she would become a Pakistani national and play for us in future. She has a great future ahead and we would be delighted if she plays for Pakistan," Abbas told 'The News'.

"Asian women traditionally follow their husbands which is why I'm hopeful that someday she would be inspired by Shoaib to play for Pakistan," he added.

The 23-year-old Sania, who is the most successful woman tennis player from the sub-continent, will settle down with Shoaib in Dubai post marriage.

Abbas said even if she decides to continue playing for India, Sania can still help her husband's country by promoting the game among women here.

"She can encourage our girls to take up tennis, she can inspire them to become world class players," he said.

"We would hope that Sania would lend a helping hand to women's tennis in Pakistan," he added.

Abbas suggested that Sania team up with Pakistan's number one tennis player Aisam-ul-Haq Qureshi in the mixed doubles circuit.

"Both Sania and Aisam are really good doubles players. I believe that their team would not just achieve great results internationally but will also help bridge the gap between India and Pakistan," he said.

http://sports.in.msn.com/tennis/article.aspx?cp-documentid=3771526

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
TR, I dont take anything you say seriously, so dont remember you saying anything to me about anything. If you did, well thanx. Let me explain what I said properly, maybe I was not eloquent enough. I said the public and the media do not take the future plans of celebrities(or even their past actions) at face value and tend to speculate. Just as we tend to speculate on other issues involving geopolitics or domestic politics in other threads. I dont understand the takleef against this speculation and the only RATIONAL explanation could be that the person opposed such media/public scrutiny of the celebrity must be a fan of that celebrity. If you say you are not a fan of her and do not like media/public glare of celebrities in general. Thats fine. But when you try to take up a morally highground and brand everyone else as being 'stuck' just because they do not have the same ultra-sensitivity towards the particular celebrity, thats a prob.

Lastly, TRji, its general trend of a losing side to turn the debate from the message to messenger. You are unfairly turning your ire on to me, I am just telling you that media/public speculation of celebs is norm and fine unless the person is a fan of the celeb(or is generally against any media/public scrutiny). For that, you go on to target me?!! That explains who is 'stuck' on what.
See there you go generalizing again when you say, “I said the public and the media do not take the future plans of celebrities(or even their past actions) at face value and tend to speculate”. You should have put it as “I said I do not take the future plans of celebrities(or even their past actions) at face value and tend to speculate”, and that would have done the trick, and when you use the words public and media who gave you the authority to be judgemental on behalf of these two or was it that some sort of a particular communication was just passed on to you?

I see no one else taking an objection to me using the word “stuck”, it caused a bit too much problem to you it seems but then did I not once tell to keep enjoying your probs, but then you don’t remember what I tell you, so here goes again, enjoy it mate and to the fullest.

oh come on my friend, if i take on your message that becomes targeting you, oh my bad! oh how poorly the whole thing got stuck!

johnee

See there you go generalizing again when you say, “I said the public and the media do not take the future plans of celebrities(or even their past actions) at face value and tend to speculate”. You should have put it as “I said the I not take the future plans of celebrities(or even their past actions) at face value and tend to speculate”, and that would have done the trick, and when you use the words public and media who gave you the authority to be judgemental on behalf of these two or was it that some sort of a particular communication was just passed on to you?
Whatever suits you, Sir. Thats MY observation that media or public(me included) tend to do the speculation until the news is stale or is most obvious. Obviously all the things we say about any thing is our observation or our understanding, isnt it? It is your understanding/observation that its only I who do that. It is my understanding/observation that majority of the public and media do that. Agree or disagree but dont come up with condescending 'stuck' things, please.

I see no one else taking an objection to me using the word “stuck”, it caused a bit too much problem to you it seems but then did I not once tell to keep enjoying your probs, but then you don’t remember what I tell you, so here goes again, enjoy it mate and to the fullest.
Nah, no problem as such, just dont accept your branding of a particular view as correct and anything opposed to it as 'stuck'. You seem to have taken the word prob at a literal value. Well, it was only meant to convey that your stand is not acceptable to me. That does not mean that I am having some serious problem with it. I hope you dont expect anyone who responds to your post has having a grave problem with your posts. BTW, when you respond it is 'taking on the message' while when your message is responded to, it becomes 'having a problem with it', funny how that works, eh? As for the enjoying the problem and stuff, as I said, dont remember what you said earlier.

oh come on my friend, if i take on your message that becomes targeting you, oh my bad! oh how poorly the whole thing got stuck!
You can of course take on the message but when you only manage to regurgitate 'you are stuck' message then its not called taking on the message. Its called taking on the messanger because of the inability to counter the message. Anyway, what is there to take on the message either. One could either agree or disagree. Either way, one can only give one's own view and agree/disagree with the other views. All part of the game until I/you/anyone start branding each other's views as being 'stuck' or something like that.

I for instance have no problem whatsoever with you(or anyone else) not being comfortable with the speculation. I can understand that one may have personal biases. So, when you make a claim that a celeb will not do so and so or will do so and so. Thats cool. The 'prob'(please dont take it literally) is when you come and say 'hey, you guys, you are so stuck because you are doing something I dont agree with'. You get what I am saying, sir? And then you only manage to come up again and again with just 'you are so stuck', 'you are stuck on not one but many issues'...etc. This is not academic to say the least. And this certainly is not countering the message. If you carefully go through your previous posts, you would find that greater part of your post is dedicated at how you had given some message to me or how you had told me not to generalise etc stuff and very little about the issue at hand. Whatever little you did say on the topic was simply that the word of that person in the media be taken at face value. Thats fine way of looking at things. But when the next time you discuss some other issue like say Pakistan or China, then you must remember only to sticking with the official positions and not going beyong them. For instance, extending your logic, anyone speculating on the bubble bust of Chinese economy are stuck because they are not accepting the official chinese position and instead trying to see what may happen in certain conditions. Now, all these according to your logic would fall under 'prejudging', isnt it?
But if we all simply accept only official positions, then isnt there hardly anything left to debate?

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles