Tendulkar scales Mount 14,000 in Tests

RAM

The southern Man
Country flag
Tendulkar scales Mount 14,000 in Tests

BANGALORE: In yet another first, India's all time great SACHIN TENDULAKAR on Sunday became the only person to scale the 14,000 peak in Test cricket Needing 27 runs to reach into the landmark, the 37-year-old cut off-spinner Nathan Hauritz through coverpoint for a boundary and accomplish the feat in his 171st Test. during their five-day match against Australia.

WHAT A PLAYER......
:emot112:

A packed Chinnaswamy Stadium crowd rose and gave the Indian maestro a standing ovation as Australian skipper Ricky Ponting came up to congratulate Tendulkar who is unbeaten on 44. At 12178, Ponting remains Tendulkar's nearest rival but the Aussie is still behind by 1839 runs. Incidentally, it was during Australia's last tour of India, Tendulkar crossed Brian Lara's record of most number of runs in Tests. Lara (11953) occupies the third spot in the elite list of most runs in Test career as his position remains to be in danger with Indian batsman Rahul Dravid (11581) closing in on the gap. Tendulkar also became the highest Test run-getter at Chinnaswamy Stadium scoring in excess of 600, eclipsing Sunil Gavaskar's total.

A documentary about this Legend and role model

Watch another onslaught of SACHIN against Aussies in 1998

Last edited by a moderator:

Pintu

..=i+..=i+..=i+..=i+

Congratulation Master Blaster :)

Regards

Rebelkid

Who's tendulkar ?? Does he play Tennis ?

Gratz....our little old master

plugwater

Can i have a separate thread for David Beckham and Christiano Ronaldo ?

RAM

The southern Man
Country flag

Sachin Tendulkar hits 49th Test century

NEW DELHI: Batting genius Sachin Tendulkar scaled another peak in his glittering career when he hit his 49th century in Test cricket on the third day of the second and final Test against Australia in Bangalore. Tendulkar reached the landmark with a six just before lunch and through his knock consolidated India's position after Australia scored a mammoth 478 on Day 2. Tendulkar is the first batsman in the world to hit six centuries in a calendar year.

Starting the third day's play on a positive note, Tendulkar reached his half-century on the third ball of the day with a boundary. Tendulkar now has two centuries in Bangalore, sharing the record for most centuries with Sunil Gavaskar and Mohammad Azharuddin. This is Tendulkar's first century at Bangalore after 12 years. His last ton at the venue came in 1998, also against Australia. Tendulkar, who on the second day of the Test became the first batsman to score 14,000 runs in Test cricket has been in superb form of late.

In the last 10 Test matches, Tendulkar has scored a fifty or more. Tendulkar, who has an international career spanning over two decades, on Wednesday bagged his maiden ICC Cricketer of the Year trophy along with the People's Choice Award. Tendulkar, who made his debut as a 16-year-old against Pakistan way back in November 15, 1989, was also named the winner of LG People's Choice Award. Tendulkar also featured in the ICC Test and ODI Teams of the Year as picked by the independent selection panel.

Sachin Tendulkar hits 49th Test century - The Times of India

Global Defence

New threads

Articles