Telegraph UK reports Paedophilia accepted in South Afghanistan

Oracle

Men attracted to young boys, why? Are wealthy and powerful Pashtuns ******s? They can anyways marry 4 wives and keep as many as they like in their harem. So why bacha bazi? Can somebody throw some light?

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
How pathetic can they get? First terrorists and on top of that pedophiles.. Yuck!

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
The paper explains why the Pashtuns go for bacha bazi.

Poverty and expense for marriage are cited as two reasons.

Also, being in a cloistered society and always in the company of men, they find affinity to the same sex.

It is their culture and is also prevalent in Pakistan.

I presume it is same as some communities in remote areas whose girl child becomes prostitutes as a custom and tradition of the tribe or like certain communities in the earlier years who were termed as criminal tribes since they used to steal cattle and the like as a part of their caste tradition. Or the custom where one could not marry if they are from the same village and so on. Then the custom of some communities that allow marriage amongst cousins or between uncle and niece.

I do not support what is going on in Afghanistan or Pakistan, but I am sensitive to the customs of communities and do not always judge them with our moral yardstick.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles