Telangana State GDP Growing at 10.1 Percent

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
This one is for the AP bifurcation skeptics and doomsayers that Telangana will become a Bengal-like commie shithole if granted statehood:

About Rs. 79,000 crore in investments will take fruit in 2017-18, and will push the growth rate even further. By 2019 we could become a $100 billion economy.

Of course all the figures are nominal. In PPP terms, Telangana GDP is at $407 billion.

Sauces:

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com...1-lakh-crore-in-fy17/articleshow/59108518.cms

http://www.thehindu.com/todays-pape...wth-of-gsdp-placed-at-101/article17459663.ece

http://www.theweek.in/news/biz-tech/telangana-gsdp-grows-by-10-percent-in-2016-17.html

Srinivas_K

Country flag

Andhra pradesh is also growing fast. Close to 10.5 Trillion rupees of mou's are signed. Even if 25 % of them become reality, then it is a huge investment.

Add to that the LNG found worth 100's of billions, agriculture, fisheries, manufacturing and ports.

Andhra in the long run will become a major economic contributor and will be in top 3.

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
Yes, bifurcation has been good for AP, too. It used to be a big bulky state with UP-like feudal politics. Now both states are faring well economically.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
How is agricultural growth in Telangana?

raja696

I am not against telagana but its surplus state from left overs. I am not suprised its industry is up and kicking.

But internal security is in big mess, muslim appeasement is the future of telangana politics . What can we expect.

But my skepticism on its future compared to rest of the adjacent states catching up is not a myth in a decade.

Surely hyderabad has surplus money , what about rest of the telagana state?

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
I am not against telagana but its surplus state from left overs. I am not suprised its industry is up and kicking.

But internal security is in big mess, muslim appeasement is the future of telangana politics . What can we expect.

But my skepticism on its future compared to rest of the adjacent states catching up is not a myth in a decade.

That's not the point. Telangana is GROWING (making fresh money). If our growth stagnated (<7.1%) and we still had a high GDP-per-capita, then you could have argued that we're simply eating on the economy we inherited from AP (surplus). We're growing faster than the national average of 7.1% and faster than AP. So the "surplus" argument isn't applicable.

Although Telangana people didn't proportionately benefit from the erstwhile AP's investments (outside Hyderabad), we still inherited our share of the state debt, and we're repaying it.

There can be no better proof that Telangana is succeeding economically, and the credit doesn't entirely go to the economy we inherited. We are not misgoverning ourselves. We're doing a lot better than many other states, including a lot of BJP-ruled ones.

You also have to take into account that during all this (2014-till date), a lot of Andhra industrialists have relocated their businesses to AP, and they're continuing to do so. Despite this Telangana is clocking growth.

tharun

Patriot
Country flag

Before state division there is no surplus,always in deficit.
Indeed we give some of our revenue to AP as per understandings.

tharun

Patriot
Country flag
Hyderabad is part of telangana..surplus is of total state combined not just hyderabad.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Get to your facts first idiot...
What revenue is being given to AP?
I am not aware of this....

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
What revenue is being given to AP?
I am not aware of this....
As per AP Reorganization act, Telangana inherits nearly 41% of estwhile AP's sovereign debt (liability). Meaning, if pre-bifurcation AP government borrowed 100 rupees, and spent 70 rupees in Seemandhra, 20 rupees in Hyderabad, and 10 rupees in Telangana districts, the new Telangana State still has to repay 41 rupees+interest, without any say in it.

We're repaying our debts. This is why the whole "surplus" argument is bullshit.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
As per AP Reorganization act, Telangana inherits nearly 41% of estwhile AP's sovereign debt (liability). Meaning, if pre-bifurcation AP government borrowed 100 rupees, and spent 70 rupees in Seemandhra, 20 rupees in Hyderabad, and 10 rupees in Telangana districts, the new Telangana State still has to repay 41 rupees+interest, without any say in it.
How do you know AP government spent spent more in seemandhra and less in Telangana districts?

Give me a link to a study or something, not political rhetoric...

I was working in a APGENCO project at the time of split, had access to very senior govt officials. Our analysis at that time showed that govt assets were equally placed in Both states.

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
Sure. This is over a year old, but perfectly illustrates my public debt argument.

http://www.businesstoday.in/opinion...r-fiscal-situation-and-more/story/229633.html

Telangana is repaying 41% of the money AP borrowed for projects in Seemandhra that have zero economic impact on Telangana.

Conversely Andhra too is repaying 59% of the money it borrowed for projects in Hyderabad that no longer have any economic benefit for AP.

raja696

Nope i guess its capital of both states , it all people contribution to hyd which now being enjoyed by surplus revenue state telagana alone. Though people seperated, businesses and infrastructure is helping hyderabad so is for telagana i guess.

I agree telagana developing. Because it has money to invest and its business as usual.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Sure. This is over a year old, but perfectly illustrates my public debt argument.

http://www.businesstoday.in/opinion...r-fiscal-situation-and-more/story/229633.html

Telangana is repaying 41% of the money AP borrowed for projects in Seemandhra that have zero economic impact on Telangana.

Conversely Andhra too is repaying 59% of the money it borrowed for projects in Hyderabad that no longer have any economic benefit for AP.
Nope..
I am unable to find your argument that Telangana is repaying debts specifically taken for seemandhra in this article.

Dear other bhai log,
Can you guys go thru the article and check if you can find the argument tarunraju is making in the article he has posted.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Though people seperated, businesses and infrastructure is helping hyderabad so is for telagana i guess.
People did not separate, everything is same as usual.

Only administrative system got separated, other than that one person KCR got his own state and many govt officials got promotions, that's about it.

Everything else is the same.

captscooby81

Country flag
Well as i am closely following the growth in the new State in the last 2 years ..Reasons Telangana have survived is because of the Hyd what ever the growth is happening its happening in hyd ,Reasons Bangalore is saturated and more companies want to move out plus Talent pool still making Hyderabad an attractive destination for IT ..Few of the upcoming projects .Google campus in Manikonda, Amazon in Financial district and Apple proposed set up well all these investments are happening in the same location where it used to happen for the last 10 years the same old financial district ..Reasons also is the Low cost of land in the Hyd compared to other cities which are priced very high making more companies to open operations in Hyd .

TG has also a very high revenue from the Excise hope people would have noticed suddenly there is lots of license given for Micro brewery and more shops have been opened so there is lots of revenue chipping in from the Alcohol .. Well most expected TG will suffer after the bifurcation because of the backward regions in the state but i always felt Hyderabad will pull TG at least for a decade before things may start looking downward if no new developments are not happening ..

Well i closely have discussion with someone in the govt ..There is rampant corruption right now by the first family one side and they are launching the pro poor populist schemes on the other side ..Like annapurna and low cost housing these if continued for long term will start becoming burden on the state economy ..At the height of Demonetisation when things started settling in other states hyderabad was facing cash crunch very badly most ATMs were shut down for weeks and few even months till last month because of cash shortage well inside news was that a large amount of money was diverted to politicians to exchange their old to new and they all secured their moolah..

Plus the jobless situation continues the same ..People who thought they will get jobs if the state gets created are still roaming jobless may be because the govt is not interested to fill those vacant positions or these people are not qualified enough to secure those jobs ..

how things are not so nice as it looks is the arrest of JAC leader kodandarama when he tried to make some protest along with OU student members for jobs ..

Its really good if the govt attracts lot of investments or else well the Red s will create maximum problem in the state compared to Erstwhile AP ..As the Commie s have more base in the TG regions compared to few districts of AP ..

Srinivas_K

Country flag
How do you know AP government spent spent more in seemandhra and less in Telangana districts?

I was working in a APGENCO project at the time of split, had access to very senior govt officials. Our analysis at that time showed that govt assets were equally placed in Both states.
He may be talking the trs propaganda!

Every thing was distributed proportionately.

In fact most of the investments went to hyderabad from seemandra before bifurcation.

raja696

People did not separate, everything is same as usual.

Only administrative system got separated, other than that one person KCR got his own state and many govt officials got promotions, that's about it.

Everything else is the same.
Yup i meant working employees , though ur right in good sense. But seperation is already there psychologically.

Most people in andhra already forgot sense of belonging to hyderabad as own. Do you get what I mean? Sensitivity of andhra people is hurt more than any other people. Because seperation started and ended accusing andhra people. People will remember that. Ie insult.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles