Telangana leaders snubs Renuka Choudhary

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by Ray, Sep 16, 2013.

1. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

Telangana leaders snubs Renuka, she leaves in a huff

HYDERABAD: A Telangana Congress meeting on Sunday turned raucous when former Union minister and Rajya Sabha MP Renuka Chowdhury was asked to leave by a few leaders for her alleged anti-Telangana stand. Attempts by senior leaders to salvage the situation failed and a vexed Chowdhury left in high dudgeon.

Chowdhury faced the fury of Telangana leaders as she kept away from the separatism movement all these years although she belongs to Telangana and represented Khammam in the last Lok Sabha. She had ruffled Telangana leaders last month by associating herself with Seemandhra Congress leaders who met the A K Antony Committee to strengthen their case for a united AP.

"Renuka Chowdhury's anti-Telangana stand is well-known. I don't know why she came for the meeting when no one invited her. When thousands had committed suicide for the cause of Telangana, she had said the deaths were due to cancer," said an angry Karimnagar MP Ponnam Prabhakar.

"While no one wanted her presence, we demanded an apology from her before attending the meeting. She neither apologized nor left although we asked her to leave. It was a shameless act, and we ignored her," added the MP.

Choudhury was left red-faced when some members reminded her how she had once called Telangana activists "goonda elements" and demanded an apology.

Senior leaders, including panchayat raj minister K Jana Reddy, and former PCC president D Srinivas intervened and asked the strident leaders to calm down. Although they obliged, no one allowed Renuka to speak and she left the venue in a huff.

The T-leaders have decided to hold rallies this week to push the statehood issue forward and take a delegation to New Delhi. In the marathon meeting attended by the Congress ministers, MLAs, and MPs, a consensus on the action plan to take the Telangana issue forward was elusive.

Some said since the Telangana Rasthra Samiti would take advantage of the public meeting by the Telangana Political Joint Action Committee on September 29, T-Congress should take aggressive steps to counter it. Finally, the meeting resolved to take a delegation to New Delhi on September 22 with a request to the Centre to expedite the bifurcation and organize public rallies across Telangana between September 17 and 25.

Minister Ponnal Lakshmiah, who briefed the media about the deliberations, said the Telangana Congress leaders would organize a massive rally in October in Hyderabad.

Telangana leaders snubs Renuka, she leaves in a huff - The Times of India

First, it was Digvijay Singh who were shown where he belongs - outside.

And now the poor Drama Queen was told to do her theatre elsewhere.

Indiscipline is surely creeping in.

The Turf War seems to have inflicted the Congress also.

3. Eesh

Eesh Regular Member

She is best at her pub bharo andolan.

4. pmaitra

pmaitra Moderator Moderator

Times of India, well yeah! Either keep the blue 's' or the green 's,' but please, not both!

arnabmit and kseeker like this.
  5. Ray

Well, for those who do not like ToI,,here is some other links:

Renuka Chowdhury left red-faced at Telangana Congress meeting

Hyderabad: Former Union minister and Rajya Sabha MP Renuka Chowdhury's anti-Telangana stand led her face an embarrassing situation on Sunday when she was asked to leave by a few leaders.

Renuka Chowdhury left red-faced at Telangana Congress meeting

HYDERABAD: A Telangana Congress meeting on Sunday turned raucous when former Union minister and Rajya Sabha MP Renuka Chowdhury was asked to leave by a few leaders for her alleged anti-Telangana stand. Attempts by senior lead...

http://newsco.me/content/go/story?news=260244

Though Madam Chaudhary stood for election in Khaman (Telangana), she is said to be anti Telangana!

Good reasons too.

In the May 2009 Lok Sabha elections, Renuka Chowdary was defeated by Nama Nageswara Rao of TDP from Khammam by 1,24,448 votes.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2013
  6. parijataka

parijataka Senior Member Senior Member

Well, good for them, this lady is such a pompous buffoon on TV channels.

7. pmaitra

pmaitra Moderator Moderator

If I may clarify, I don't like grammatical mistakes, and am particularly vocal about it if it is the headline. My post was directed at ToI, and not the messenger (that is you :)).

I also silently correct mistakes, some of them malignant, instead of pointing them out, because I just don't want to wander into 'ego' territory, and offend people. I must say, there is a lot of room for improvement in the quality of reporting from Indian media, and this applies to many posts in DFI as well.

8. Virendra

Virendra Moderator Moderator

Sad that the Congress is getting rid of the drama kings and queens, who could've done a lot of self goals in 2014.

9. rock127

rock127 Maulana Rockullah Senior Member

She is a BIG MOUTH insensitive Drama Queen or rather looks like a she-male. One of the idiots Congress have in addition to Pigvijay Singh.

I remember she said that "Poor people cant even afford a Rs 800 Gas cylinder??" when gas prices were increased.

Perhaps she should first try to live how a poor lives so she learns what Rs 800 means for a poor.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2013
    drkrn and dealwithit like this.
  10. drkrn

drkrn Senior Member Senior Member

she is an adamant mindset lady,thats all.

she-male is too much to call:rofl:

11. Ray

Would calling her an AMAZON do? ;)

12. drkrn

drkrn Senior Member Senior Member

yak...
    they cut one of their breasts...
    i dont like that

13. tarunraju

tarunraju Moderator Moderator

Served her right. Irritating double-headed serpent.

14. AVERAGE INDIAN

AVERAGE INDIAN EXORCIST Senior Member

15. rock127

rock127 Maulana Rockullah Senior Member

Her biceps looks even bigger than mine. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: