Tejas Mark 3

punjab47

महाबलामहावीर्यामहासत्यपराक्रमासर्वाग्रेक्षत्रियाजट
Banned
Tejas' orthodox delta-wing design could have terrible RCS figures. Instead the bean-counters in South Block should push more "beans" to Kaveri development.
Some site said that mk2 dropped down to 0.3-0.5 if it drops all external weapons.

But Idk that may include dropping external EW pod :pound:

Still, I like tejas bcuz it looks unique even if rest of AF is import maal atleast we can say this one is: :india::india:

Tejas is also more an interceptor than a proper strike craft, but that's funny if SU30MKI still doesn't have EW.

I've seen tweet where someone said:
How can they say they have achieved air security when they rely on jets vulnerable to sanctions.

Last edited:

kstriya

Country flag
Any traction on this ? As the IAF has no more interest in MK II variant, is there any scope for a stealth LCA in making a IAF variant for future requirement's?

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag
Tejas' orthodox delta-wing design could have terrible RCS figures. Instead the bean-counters in South Block should push more "beans" to Kaveri development.
Tejas doesnt have orthodox delta wing like mirage-2000.

It has a cranker or deouble delta twisted at root and has the lowest RCS ,i.e less than 0.3 sq meters, (mirage-2000 an orthodox delta has 1 plus sq meter RCS) in clean config.

T tejas is the lowest RC fighter in IAF, and if stealth compliant silent eagle like external weapon pods are added in future, no current fighter ASEA radar in the world will be able to detect it, at any distance higher than 60 Km(approx), while ASEA equipped tejas mk1A can detect any current non stealth fighter(apart from typhoon&rafale with stealth pods) at a distance of over 100 Km , since all of them have 1 plus sq meter RCS even in clean config,

A clear advantage in 120 Km range BVR firing engagements.

Agnostic_Indian

Country flag
Tejas doesnt have orthodox delta wing like mirage-2000.

It has a cranker or deouble delta twisted at root and has the lowest RCS ,i.e less than 0.3 sq meters, (mirage-2000 an orthodox delta has 1 plus sq meter RCS) in clean config.

T tejas is the lowest RC fighter in IAF, and if stealth compliant silent eagle like external weapon pods are added in future, no current fighter ASEA radar in the world will be able to detect it, at any distance higher than 60 Km(approx), while ASEA equipped tejas mk1A can detect any current non stealth fighter(apart from typhoon&rafale with stealth pods) at a distance of over 100 Km , since all of them have 1 plus sq meter RCS even in clean config,

A clear advantage in 120 Km range BVR firing engagements.
Please give me a source of teajas rcs as claimed in your post.

kstriya

Country flag
@guru-dutt

just for R&D sake why notHAL-ARDE make a forward swept wing stealthy LCA configuration with PAKFA type twin horizontal stabilizers and DSI intake that too with AESA and internal IRIST and internal LD pod like F-35

Chinmoy

Country flag
Forward swept wing would have some design as well as inflight challenge and I dont think our aeronautical industry matured enough to risk something like that. In my opinion, thought should be given to variable swept wing design so that we could get something of an MRCA role indigenously.

Sabru Foxtrot

Sabru Foxtrot
Tejas pilots pull 8 ‘g’ and beyond clearing critical FOC point.

Pulling 8g means Tejas set to perform combat maneuvers,tight turns.

‎FOC‬ in sight for ‪#‎Tejas‬: 15 years, 15 variants, 3031 flights, 1938 hours, All Safe

kstriya

Country flag
@ersakthivel paji aap iss thread ko bhi thoda exciting bana do. Please do give your inputs on future possible developments . Its not a crime to dream but one to stay stagnant and do nothing. I have great expectations from our small warrior Tejas and I am sure like F16 we can have some of the best and futuristic variants sold world over for its proposition as value for its money.

sasum

Atheist but not Communists.
we may need two short vertical tail fins canted at 45 deg like AMCA design in place of one long vertical tail fin on the above models. ,
I have seen this design in a few US aircraft. Do they aid in turning, like the single vertical rudder ?

PaliwalWarrior

Akash ? Or you meant, Astra ? Though both share a common Ramjet propulsion.

Astra development program has not been particularly encouraging if we look at accomplished project milestones. Issues related to control and over-rolling at high AoA were reported. Though the slated range is 20 - 110 kms at varying altitudes, the first version would be limited of 40-60 kms.

Also, the prototypes tested during development trials were on the heavier side & only few MKI's alone have been rigged to carry it. Serial Production is aimed by 2016, as per DRDO. Lets see how this goes. Fingers crossed.
So in testing phase we suggest we should test on all available platforms ?

It is logical that the missile is tested on one platform and when it is certified move on to integration. With other platforms

PaliwalWarrior

I'd we want to play pioneers and not only catch up

We should run a parallel program for mk3 tejas and amca

And use 3d printed parts in them as part of project to make them easily serviceable and maintainable

These 3d printers should be installed at base repair depots and certified parts should come off directly from 3d printers and fit in fighters as & when required at brds itself

kstriya

Country flag
I'd we want to play pioneers and not only catch up

We should run a parallel program for mk3 tejas and amca

And use 3d printed parts in them as part of project to make them easily serviceable and maintainable

These 3d printers should be installed at base repair depots and certified parts should come off directly from 3d printers and fit in fighters as & when required at brds itself
Are 3d printed parts reliable? MK3 should have a large private participation for it to be a success. We can develop it in the lines of FICV where in two private players are selected given the technology or the LCA know how and let them come up with a prototype with assured order and export potential.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
My LCA tejas Mk3 is as follows.

It should be derived from Naval Tejas Mk2 i.e 15+ M long with 116 KN engine. To compress development, we need to take an approach which PAKFA took. It was developed out of Su 35 series.

upload_2016-4-26_16-54-13.jpeg

kstriya

Country flag
My LCA tejas Mk3 is as follows.

It should be derived from Naval Tejas Mk2 i.e 15+ M long with 116 KN engine. To compress development, we need to take an approach which PAKFA took. It was developed out of Su 35 series.

View attachment 8421
Next logical development of Tejas MK2 is MK3. It will be there to defend India till 2050 when a 6th generation variant will be made available. We cannot wait and afford imports of 5th gen aircraft's, we need a cheap to maintain and quick turn around single engine 5th gen fighter like F35 but not F35 a stealth LCA will do the work to face PAK-CHIN frontiers.

tejas warrior

Country flag
Source : BR Forums

Breaking News !!!

IAF chief ACM Arup Raha will tomorrow take his maiden flight on LCA Tejas in Bangalore..

Hope this is true.. and everything goes smoothly..

Will be a great confidence booster + huge push to the program.

kstriya

Country flag
I fail to understand why HAL ADA are not considering Mk3, Gripen has various types the latest being E. Mk3 should be a parallel development with AMCA and can be best for western border and interception of Chinese J series stealth fighter.

abingdonboy

Country flag
I fail to understand why HAL ADA are not considering Mk3, Gripen has various types the latest being E. Mk3 should be a parallel development with AMCA and can be best for western border and interception of Chinese J series stealth fighter.
There is no reason to think a Mk.3 won't be considered but that is for after the Mk.1A and Mk.2 are developed/produced. Let's not write anything off just yet a lot will change between now and then.

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
If MK3 is considered it would be a light stealth varient with very limited armament capability. If you compare the size of any A2A missile with LCA's fuselage you will see that it has a very limited space for internal bays 1 or 2 missiles and it's over. Perhaps that's why they are considering AMCA, since it needs to design from scratch if you are making a stealth jet. I would rather think of an Aura type UCAV than Tejas MK3. Since 1 A2A missile doesn't guarantee a kill.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/DRDO_AURA

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles