Tejas Mark 3

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Astra 1 which is 40-60km in range is more like Mica and probably may replace R-73 and other short range AAM from IAF in future ..

It may come both in IR and with Radar seeker guidance ..

But still , RAFALE does not have high off bore HMDS cued hard to shake off close combat WVR missile like Python or R-73.

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
AMCA and LCA are two different fighters of different catagory ..

--------

Present >

SU-30MKI = Heavy fighter
Rafale = Medium Fighter
Tejas MK1/2 =Light fighter

Future >

FGFA = Heavy fighter
AMCA = Mediuam Fighter
Tjeas MK3 = Light fighter
Seems that IAF doesn't want to fly any non-stealth frontline AC in the future, now I realized why they are talking about LCA mkIII.

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag
I used to live in Baswanagar (behind HAL) and used to see LCA & Dhruv regularly. In fact, the Dhruvs used to hover test on top of the Doddanikundi lake, very near my appartment. We used to even take binoculars to the bank of Bellandur lake for a walk and look at the Tejas and Dhruvs lined up.

I spotted TEJAS the first time it took off from the old airport. My sister's house is at the rear side of the airport.

Srinivas_K

Country flag
I used to live in Baswanagar (behind HAL) and used to see LCA & Dhruv regularly. In fact, the Dhruvs used to hover test on top of the Doddanikundi lake, very near my appartment. We used to even take binoculars to the bank of Bellandur lake for a walk and look at the Tejas and Dhruvs lined up.
Here in Marathahalli area we see Druv regularly hovering in the skies.

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
My sister lives at belandur, in shobha iris.

Jagdish58

Longtime Critic of LCA-Tejas program former Professor of IIT Kanpur Prodyut das in his latest report has made a case to develop Experimental Stealthy LCA MK-1 airframe for research purpose prior to commencement of India’s AMCA Stealth project.

Report prepared by das suggest converting the last six airframes to an LCA Stealth model incorporating the stealth features. six airframes can be built to an “experimental” rather than a “combat” standard to be used for testing Stealth coating currently been developed for AMCA Project.

since it will Experimental airframes then internal weapons bay need not be capable of handling all the weapons planned for use or the stress levels need not go to 9 g etc. The idea is to give everyone –designers, planners, operators much needed “hands on” stealth experience. Because the aircraft is based on a “proven” design a first flight by early 2018 and completion of field testing by early 2020 is expected particularly given the confident enthusiasm being proclaimed for the AMCA project.

These aircraft according to him will explore the following:

i) Stealth effectiveness
ii) Stealth maintainability, particularly in humid and dusty conditions
iii) Manufacturing and airframe ageing effects on stealth deterioration.
iv) Problems of stealth in LLXC profiles.

According to das Since only three countries are in stealth technology it would be arrogant to presume Indian scientist “know stealth”. to make a case for Experimental Stealthy LCA MK-1 he shows a sketch for the possible adaptation of the LCA Mk1 to an LCA Stealth Research Vehicle.

According to his research changes to the fuselage will allow some of the problems mentioned above show up in actual conditions. Similarly should be the approach to developing Sensor fusion. Sensor fusion has applicability even in ordinary strike sorties and so has priority over supercruise. The capability can be developed using a flight of Embraer145s or Dornier228s. These are roomy aircraft and will allow much space for a “breadboard” approach and will confirm the technology and its bugs before final packaging.

CABS and team would be an obvious resource given the work they have turned in on the Embraer AWACS. The obvious advantages of using a proven platform are that the testing is not held up whilst the platform itself is getting rid of its sinuses as happened with the LCA.

http://idrw.org/experimental-stealthy-lca-mk-1/

kstriya

Country flag

Longtime Critic of LCA-Tejas program former Professor of IIT Kanpur Prodyut das in his latest report has made a case to develop Experimental Stealthy LCA MK-1 airframe for research purpose prior to commencement of India’s AMCA Stealth project.

Report prepared by das suggest converting the last six airframes to an LCA Stealth model incorporating the stealth features. six airframes can be built to an “experimental” rather than a “combat” standard to be used for testing Stealth coating currently been developed for AMCA Project.

since it will Experimental airframes then internal weapons bay need not be capable of handling all the weapons planned for use or the stress levels need not go to 9 g etc. The idea is to give everyone –designers, planners, operators much needed “hands on” stealth experience. Because the aircraft is based on a “proven” design a first flight by early 2018 and completion of field testing by early 2020 is expected particularly given the confident enthusiasm being proclaimed for the AMCA project.

These aircraft according to him will explore the following:

i) Stealth effectiveness
ii) Stealth maintainability, particularly in humid and dusty conditions
iii) Manufacturing and airframe ageing effects on stealth deterioration.
iv) Problems of stealth in LLXC profiles.

According to das Since only three countries are in stealth technology it would be arrogant to presume Indian scientist “know stealth”. to make a case for Experimental Stealthy LCA MK-1 he shows a sketch for the possible adaptation of the LCA Mk1 to an LCA Stealth Research Vehicle.

According to his research changes to the fuselage will allow some of the problems mentioned above show up in actual conditions. Similarly should be the approach to developing Sensor fusion. Sensor fusion has applicability even in ordinary strike sorties and so has priority over supercruise. The capability can be developed using a flight of Embraer145s or Dornier228s. These are roomy aircraft and will allow much space for a “breadboard” approach and will confirm the technology and its bugs before final packaging.

CABS and team would be an obvious resource given the work they have turned in on the Embraer AWACS. The obvious advantages of using a proven platform are that the testing is not held up whilst the platform itself is getting rid of its sinuses as happened with the LCA.

http://idrw.org/experimental-stealthy-lca-mk-1/
I guess Mr. Das was bitten by a das (mosquito in Marathi) which spread the indigenous virus called love for India.
I love the idea of a stealth LCA mk3. The Americans are spending billions in the F35 to build a stealth fighter which is a single engine jet and will be the back bone of usaf. If we can make stealth variant of Tejas and make a test bed for AMCA then that would be the cheapest stealth fighter available in the market, with HAL promising a weight reduction in mk 1a its TWR is almost equal or better than F16 latest blk with more composites and better technological adaptation it will be better and a kick ass fighter. We need to make the engine available and rest will be history, we will have a component fighter to tackle all Chinese birds and have a 50+ squadron air force.

sabari

Cobham UK this is the name of company which begged order for producing LCA nose and refuling probe but this bastes haven't delivered the order after 3 deadline .why the hell does this stupid hal officer can't build the LCA nose in hal if they are not capable than why the hell they need to be desine engineers why the hell they need salery, bones ,pension,etc. LCA mark1 in not getting foc .then what is the meaning of speaking about LCA 3.

kstriya

Country flag
Cobham UK this is the name of company which begged order for producing LCA nose and refuling probe but this bastes haven't delivered the order after 3 deadline .why the hell does this stupid hal officer can't build the LCA nose in hal if they are not capable than why the hell they need to be desine engineers why the hell they need salery, bones ,pension,etc. LCA mark1 in not getting foc .then what is the meaning of speaking about LCA 3.
HAL had a composite radome manufactured fir Tejas when the chair marshals decided in mid way of the developmental cycle they need a quartz radome to increase the radar range cobham was given the order which they royally messed up. Now I think we should go in for local manufacturing foe the quartz radome as we will have 120 plus lca Mk 1a ordered.

sabari

kstriya said:
HAL had a composite radome manufactured fir Tejas when the chair marshals decided in mid way of the developmental cycle they need a quartz radome to increase the radar range cobham was given the order which they royally messed up. Now I think we should go in for local manufacturing foe the quartz radome as we will have 120 plus lca Mk 1a ordered.
Who is responsible for this the chair marshals .why shouldnt the government fire him from hal

sabari

QUOTE="kstriya, post: 1085652, member: 17197"]Chair marshals in IAF who were looking to sabotage the indigenous bird for phoren maal[/QUOTE]
Then he should be fire.and also hal CEO for his in abelity to produce trainer air craft for iaf because trainer aircraft doesn't need state of art tech

sabari

And also thewhole team involved in kavari engine desine

kstriya

Country flag
And also thewhole team involved in kavari engine desine
News of Kaveri engine program being revived, might be a new variant of the current K9 to power the Tejas MK1a/p by 2018. Now that's NaMo NaMo ...

punjab47

महाबलामहावीर्यामहासत्यपराक्रमासर्वाग्रेक्षत्रियाजट
Banned

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
Tejas' orthodox delta-wing design could have terrible RCS figures. Instead the bean-counters in South Block should push more "beans" to Kaveri development.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles