Teens set themselves on fire, take Tibet burning over 50

Oracle

(Reuters) - The number of Tibetans who have set themselves on fire in protest at Chinese rule of their homeland has topped 50 after two teenagers burned to death in a southwestern corner of the country, a rights group said.

The pair, one an 18-year-old monk and the other a 17-year-old former monk, died on Monday after setting themselves on fire outside the Kirti monastery in Ngaba, a heavily Tibetan part of Sichuan province, the London-based Free Tibet group said.

Their protest brings to 51 the number of Tibetans who have set themselves alight since 2009, when the burnings first began, Free Tibet said in an emailed statement dated August 27.

At least half of them are believed by rights groups to have died, while scores of other Tibetans have been reported detained by security forces after protests that follow the burnings.

"Free Tibet has grave concerns for the well being of the hundreds of Tibetans who we know are in detention following protests," Free Tibet Director Stephanie Brigden said.

Calls seeking comment to the government in Ngaba, known as Aba in Chinese, were not answered.

China has branded the self-immolators "terrorists" and criminals, and has blamed the exiled Tibetan spiritual leader, the Nobel Peace Prize-winning Dalai Lama, for inciting them.

Beijing considers the Dalai Lama a separatist, while he says he merely seeks greater autonomy for his Himalayan homeland, and denies supporting violence.

Activists say China tramples on religious freedom and culture in Tibet, which has been ruled with an iron rod by the Chinese since 1950. China rejects such criticism, saying its rule ended serfdom and brought development to a backward area.

Reuters

huaxia rox

i myself have formed a rights group as well....and i tell u.....1 million tibetans have set themselves on fire and i have solid evidence which i just dont need to show u at this point......

Oracle

i myself have formed a rights group as well....and i tell u.....1 million tibetans have set themselves on fire and i have solid evidence which i just dont need to show u at this point......
Fortunately, there are independent media knowing and showing what happens in the land of the dragon. This time the dragon is spitting fire and burning innocent people. The great firewall, afterall, is not that great.

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
I just got this from a very irreverent friend.

I just heard on the news that, protesting Chinese rule, six Tibetans have set themselves on fire in the last 48 hours.

Does that mean the average Tibetan burns for eight hours?

amoy

Just the thought of setting oneself on fire send a shiver down my spine.

How would a normal human being do that to himself??

Then quickly the news of self immolation was reported to Dharamsala, in India
Their protest brings to 51 the number of Tibetans who have set themselves alight since 2009, when the burnings first began, Free Tibet said in an emailed statement dated August 27.
Your holiness, another soul was harvested for the cause of xxx.

"Free Tibet has grave concerns for the well being of the hundreds of Tibetans who we know are in detention following protests," Free Tibet Director Stephanie Brigden said.
Hm, Free Tibet headed by a Brigden.

China has branded the self-immolators "terrorists" and criminals, and has blamed the exiled Tibetan spiritual leader, the Nobel Peace Prize-winning Dalai Lama, for inciting them.
No they're not "crimanls". Sociopathic at most. Those who masterminded and encouraged such burnings are criminals, in whatever disguise, including "religion" or "freedom".

mikhail

Country flag
Just the thought of setting oneself on fire send a shiver down my spine.

How would a normal human being do that to himself??

Then quickly the news of self immolation was reported to Dharamsala, in India

Your holiness, another soul was harvested for the cause of xxx.

Hm, Free Tibet headed by a Brigden.

No they're not "crimanls". Sociopathic at most. Those who masterminded and encouraged such burnings are criminals, in whatever disguise, including "religion" or "freedom".
mate you are called the Dalai Lama a brigand:frusty:!this man has been a champion of non-violence and the entire world have shown their respect to His Holiness Dalai Lama.just tell me one thing are all those Tibetians who are commiting self-immolation psychopaths?the answer is a big NO!they are doing this because they know that there is no other way to protest against the oppressive CCP govt.tell me have they done a single act of violence against the han chinis people in Tibet!its high time you guys learn to call a spade a spade:rolleyes:!

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles