Technology for Future IAF

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
[PDF]http://www.idsa.in/system/files/IB_TechnologyForTheFuture_VivekKapur.pdf[/PDF]

Agnostic_Indian

Country flag
what is this hypersonic craft speed at match 5 and above ?

can a human sustain such speed even if we achieve it ?
I think realistic speed should be match 2 to 2.5.

KSP

Space shuttle and Soyuz astronauts handle Mach 25+ on reentry.
But do they maneuver the aircraft at such high speed? Will not the g force kill them instantly? I think that is achievable if you are moving in a straight line of sight.

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
But do they maneuver the aircraft at such high speed? Will not the g force kill them instantly? I think that is achievable if you are moving in a straight line of sight.
I think manoeuvring is not the objective here but the speed and altitude to escape the incoming missiles.

Agnostic_Indian

Country flag
is there any fighter jet which fly above match 3 ?if not aren't we aiming for too much ?

p2prada

Mig-25 can do Mach 3.2, but only for a short time and an engine change after landing.

Mig-31 was reduced to Mach 2.83.

SR-71 could do mach 3.2.

Mach 5+ is the next frontier. The Americans have been flight testing one and pretty soon India will too.

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
Re:

Lets see what DRDO gets with HSTDV, have heard that they will test it with a miniaturised model, but any info when they will test it? Hmm Brahmos 2 will also be a hypersonic one, and what about Avatar?

Last edited:
Country flag
Mig-25 can do Mach 3.2, but only for a short time and an engine change after landing.

Mig-31 was reduced to Mach 2.83.

SR-71 could do mach 3.2.

Mach 5+ is the next frontier. The Americans have been flight testing one and pretty soon India will too.
next frontier will be hypersonic UAV's

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
X-15 Wave rider is an example of supersonic unmanned aircraft that will be steeping stone for future hypersonic aircrafts.

[pdf]http://www.boeing.com/defense-space/military/waverider/docs/X-51A_overview.pdf[/pdf]

trackwhack

Space shuttle and Soyuz astronauts handle Mach 25+ on reentry.

There is a difference between re-entry and maneuvering an aircraft at those speeds. The G forces go up exponentially with speed. So these aircraft's are mostly gonna be unmanned. Unless some new breakthrough comes in that allows g suits to take more G's than whats available today.

Either way I think 6th gen planes are going to be too advanced for a pilot. A pilot may be more a liability that forces design compromises than an asset in next gen fighters.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles