Teaching Your Children Good Manners: A Go Parents! Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
links are against copyright laws and advertising it is tantamount to piracy.
Also, please don't start threads recommending parenting books.

Last edited by a moderator:

Irene1

Manners are important for children to learn early because it affects their public perception, first impressions and how they treat others. Basic ettiquette such as table manners, how to act as a guest and how to act in public can be taught in the home. If a child is polite at home, it is a good indicator of how they will act when away from their parents.

notinlove

We need to send a copy to Soham's parents :D

On a more serious note, parents also need to ensure that they are there for the child , in today's age , they just seem to be too busy to indulge in 'luxuries' such as teaching their kids manners.

amoy

Actually I don't know how to 'deal with' my 4-year-old son.

To be a poke-faced or harsh dad who we often see in CJK (china/japan/korean) soap operas, like my old man? Or treat him as an 'equal' like in American movies? Or kind of laissez faire ?

My son now calls me by my given name, very unusual here.

I've never learned to be a parent. Kids are easily spoilt becoz most of us only have one child.

thanks for the book. downloaded for my good reading!

johnee

Well, I am no parent, not even married, but I would say Ramayana and Mahabharata are the best to teach the kids manners and morals not just superficially but to really instill in them. Familiarity breeds contempt and the same is the case with these ancient Indian epics. Everyone thinks they know these epics, so they dont think they are any useful in today's world. But really, I think these are the best guide to a person's life. And the sooner a person starts with them the better. A child brought up on these epics would be able to direct all his god given gifts in the positive direction and become a boon to himself, his family and the society at large.

Soham

DFI TEAM
Country flag
This is also needed so that you don't end up in situations like these :

One day the first grade teacher was reading the story of Chicken Little to her class. She came to the part where Chicken Little warns the farmer. She read, "...and Chicken Little went up to the farmer and said, "the sky is falling!" The teacher then asked the class, "And what do you think that farmer said?" One little girl raised her hand and said, "I think he said: "Holy Sh*t! A talking chicken!" The teacher was unable to teach for the next 10 minutes.

When I was six months pregnant with my third child, my three year old came int the room as I was preparing to get into the shower. She said, "mommy, you are getting fat!" I replied, "Yes, honey, remember Mommy has a baby growing in her tummy." "I know," she replied, "but what's growing in your butt?"

A little girl goes to the barber shop with her father. She stands next to the barber chair, while her dad gets his hair cut, eating a snack cake. The barber says to her, "Sweetheart, you're gonna get hair on your Twinkie." She says, "Yes, I know, and I'm gonna get b00bs too!"

notinlove

This is also needed so that you don't end up in situations like these :

One day the first grade teacher was reading the story of Chicken Little to her class. She came to the part where Chicken Little warns the farmer. She read, "...and Chicken Little went up to the farmer and said, "the sky is falling!" The teacher then asked the class, "And what do you think that farmer said?" One little girl raised her hand and said, "I think he said: "Holy Sh*t! A talking chicken!" The teacher was unable to teach for the next 10 minutes.

When I was six months pregnant with my third child, my three year old came int the room as I was preparing to get into the shower. She said, "mommy, you are getting fat!" I replied, "Yes, honey, remember Mommy has a baby growing in her tummy." "I know," she replied, "but what's growing in your butt?"

A little girl goes to the barber shop with her father. She stands next to the barber chair, while her dad gets his hair cut, eating a snack cake. The barber says to her, "Sweetheart, you're gonna get hair on your Twinkie." She says, "Yes, I know, and I'm gonna get b00bs too!"
Why do you have this urge to turn every serious topic into a bad joke ? thats why i said we need to send a copy to your parents , you rotten scoundrel ;-D

Soham

DFI TEAM
Country flag
Why do you have this urge to turn every serious topic into a bad joke ? thats why i said we need to send a copy to your parents , you rotten scoundrel ;-D
Can't help it man. The urge is too strong.

And what serious topic ? Johnee fantasizing about being a dad ? Sheesh...

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Familiarity breeds contempt and the same is the case with these ancient Indian epics. Everyone thinks they know these epics, so they dont think they are any useful in today's world.
Bows head in obeisance. Chaye gaye guru. Bhaat Logic.

Last edited:

johnee

Can't help it man. The urge is too strong.

And what serious topic ? Johnee fantasizing about being a dad ? Sheesh...
sheesh?!! Fantasizing about being a dad is natural, normal and legal unlike you, god knows what you fantasize about...

=xD

PS: Those jokes were great man.

Last edited:

johnee

Bows head in obeisance. Chaye gaye guru. Bhaat Logic.
The logic was quite simple. Well, anyway, I will wait for few more edits before the wisdom of the post finally dawns on you. :p

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
The logic was quite simple. Well, anyway, I will wait for few more edits before the wisdom of the post finally dawns on you. :p
Saar Logic has dawned on me. A 1000 apologies. It is because we are "familiar" with Ramayana and Mahabharata therefore we are "contemptuous" of it. Watch out for the new "Jagad-Guru" folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles