Tatra Trucks Bring $170m Kickbacks

Rahul Singh

Country flag
And i was wondering all these years, why we are still manufacturing TATRA and paying royalties despite having TATAs and Ashok Leyland offering similar or better? May be now we wake up and start respecting desi.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
why the hell we go for this left hand drive in first place............now we have tata and L&T.

JAISWAL

they always find a way to extract some kickbacks.
I wonder when will we see some kicked-a$$ for taking kickbacks.

Blackwater

It may be possible Tata and Ashok Leyland created this news to defame Tatra.

Blackwater

And i was wondering all these years, why we are still manufacturing TATRA and paying royalties despite having TATAs and Ashok Leyland offering similar or better? May be now we wake up and start respecting desi.
Tata and Ashok till today Can't provide heavy platforms for IA,we have to rely on TATRA

agentperry

useless firms like tata and ashoke leyland cant even manufacture good trucks without going into JV with foreign firm. the ToT mantra by GoI made these companies and PSUs addicted to free-fund ki knowledge. they get designs and production technique from abroad and then start steady production result no need to R&D and in critical situations they are sitting ducks blaming institutes like IITs and NITs for not producing good researchers.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
And once again the government of Scams has proven itself as the PHD in swindling national money...
Lol, it's nothing to do with the govt but the company. Go to the purchase departments of these units. Have a product, offer the right commission to the right people, you are on!!

Its the same in HAL etc.

bengalraider

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
Nothing new there, everything is run via scams of one type or another the way i see it if it helps the IA get good TATRA platforms for it's missiles we should live with it.

Rahul Singh

Country flag
Lol, it's nothing to do with the govt but the company. Go to the purchase departments of these units. Have a product, offer the right commission to the right people, you are on!!

Its the same in HAL etc.
Nothing can a DPSU do without consent of MoD.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
The TATRA has a very powerful engine.

IIRC, the TATRA has a 400 HP rating.

A T55 tank has a 675 HP rating.

In the desert, one uses TATRA cross country without hesitation, but not any other truck!

This TATA vehicle mentioned sure is interesting.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
May be you people explain HOW?
Let me put it this way.

The govt of the day will make money in deciding who the contract goes to eg TATRA. The bosses in the indian company that will license produce these products will decide where to source components for and that means who is ready to pay them their cut.

Rahul Singh

Country flag
You are saying that top people in the hierarchy --way upto the MoD-- don't have share in it, in other words are completely unaware of the working and that their vigilance and audit do not cross over? As far as i know be it issuing of tender or day to day purchasing, corruption at every level in some share has its way all upto to ministry including the minister.

I recall a dialogue from movie Rang De Basanti " Ye Hindustan Hai, Yeha Barati ke Sath Band Baje Wale Bhi khate Hai". Even a tender for buying electric switchs for railway coach repair yard has a big share of Ministry and suitcase of varied sizes are regularly dispatched by Zonal heads and yes all these 'gool-maal' is done with the consent of Ministry. Top it of, it's the ministry and bureaucrats who create the loopholes using which lower ranks make money if they are willing, if not then they are forced to raise money and dispatch to higher ranks.

Last edited:

Payeng

Daku Mongol Singh
Tata motors is unable to demonstrate a vehicle which can be directly compared to Tatra trucks. No question of replacing Tatra trucks with Tata models, it would be like replacing an off-roader SUV with a street car. Folks the Indian Army use Ashok Leyland Trucks as well but Tatra is a class apart in capabilities for which we don't have a desi alternative atm.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles