Tatkal on IRCTC

VIP

Ultra Nationalist
Country flag
Tatkal on IRCTC, got payment page, also paid from my boi net banking and transaction was confirmed by bank and I got so excited that WOW I just booked a tatkal ticket from IRCTC but when the page was redirected to IRCTC for confirmation from IRCTC side, I got this......Kuch nahi ho sakta is desh ka, 1 site bhi thik se bana nahi sakte.......:tsk::tsk:

:mad::mad:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Check in booked tickets history. The ticket will be there since there is a payment confirmation.

aragorn

No. It will not be there. Tickets will be booked only if you land on the page where they have displayed seat nos.

I have faced this situation many times. every time money got refunded.

sob

Mod
Country flag
You can definitely check in the booked history. If it is not there sent a mail to IRCT with your log in ID and give them the details, the money will be refunded within 4-5 days.

This is very common occurrence with IRCTC and they do this thousands of time everyday.

VIP

Ultra Nationalist
Country flag
You can definitely check in the booked history. If it is not there sent a mail to IRCT with your log in ID and give them the details, the money will be refunded within 4-5 days.

This is very common occurrence with IRCTC and they do this thousands of time everyday.
My transaction is in my refund status and it says "Payment not received from Bank"....I know it will be refunded automatically but meri ticket to book nahi hui na......Site to kabhi khulti nahi hai, aur khulati hai to book nahi hoti.Just see, I got the LAST page and it was almost done.Isase DUKH zyada hota hai.Mera to KLPD ho gaya....:rofl:

sob

Mod
Country flag
VIP, i travel a lot and unfortunately face this problem multiple times. Till IRCTC does not upgrade it's systems, in line with the traffic we will continue to have this problem.

VIP

Ultra Nationalist
Country flag
VIP, i travel a lot and unfortunately face this problem multiple times. Till IRCTC does not upgrade it's systems, in line with the traffic we will continue to have this problem.
I know man.I faced this problems in past, too. But I got hyper after having such almost complete scene....Plus agents and their bots also eat a lot of tatkal seats...

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
do you get PNR number, if yes, please check this with the PNR status on net.

sob

Mod
Country flag
Saya, his ticket is not booked as IRCTC is showing payment not received from Bank.

kaustav2001

Country flag
An all too common problem...IRCTC website sucks big time & it's only made for the convenience of agents who book tickets in bulk.
I remember from last year where I tried for 1 whole week to book a tatkal ticket (to Kolkata) thru the website & each time was unsuccessful.. site crash.. the above error.. sometimes it would error out while booking the seats ... :frusty:
Finally my Dad got frustrated & left early one morning for the rly. reservation counter, stood in line for a few hrs & finally got a ticket :hurray:
I haven't bothered to check ever since.

Oracle

The last time I heard, google had over 1,00,000 distributed servers and databases. Try IRCTC now.

Most of the IT related projects are handed over to companies whose name does not even figure in the top 20K IT companies. And it's not that GoI does not pay them. I'm sure they are paid well, but if a closer scrutiny is done, I guess all those companies would be found to have political connections, say for e.g. a high school student (son of a politico) coding some HTML, JSP with his limited knowledge without accounting memory leak, null pointers etc. Basically work being done by unprofessionals. Even if some of those companies do exist, it would suffice to say that they exist due to mercy and corruption while following the tender process.

If IRCTC would have been floated as a global tender, companies such as IBM, Accenture, Deloitte and many more would have been in the fray, and as such would have designed a site worth a billion plus Indians.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles