TATA platform + Spyder SR

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
It can drive without the first truck ?
no idea but from the looks of it, it is for the rail platform, you can also see the elevated wheel, since most of the track in India is electric, it appears they have solved the problem of having overhead electricity cables while launching agni missile. Means it can drive the missile launcher to some distance.

plugwater

no idea but from the looks of it, it is for the rail platform, you can also see the elevated wheel, since most of the track in India is electric, it appears they have solved the problem of having overhead electricity cables while launching agni missile. Means it can drive the missile launcher to some distance.
I think the second truck is only for readying the missile to launch. First truck it to move the second truck.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
We are not going to capture a country and stay there for years , if we want we can use MPV and to carry goods we need some good vehicles which gets the job done.

We use 2.5 ton trucks mainly for patrols and a fast attack vehicle, The rear is always open for quick dispersion of troops ( I can explain in more simple words ) but crew cabin and engine is vunrable to small arm fire..

This is not only small and fast with open back for quick dispersal but Armored cabin where co driver can provide fire support..
What needed is to armored the 2.5 tata truck crew cabin, But only for CT operation not for Invasion..

Btw, I posted pics to give you understand abt Saya sir Pic..

Last edited:

plugwater

That damage to truck is unfortunate and must be a one off incident. No army would send such a open truck to a hostile zone.

I find it insane just to protect the cabin alone and leave other troops/goods fully exposed. If army thinks the path is not safe means they would have send a MPV not a truck.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
That damage to truck is unfortunate and must be a one off incident. No army would send such a open truck to a hostile zone.
how will you supply troops lets say USA wants to send material into afghanistan ??? lot of videos available on Youtube sawing how supply convoys are attacked by Talibs it has both armored trucks an regular trucks.

plugwater

how will you supply troops lets say USA wants to send material into afghanistan ??? lot of videos available on Youtube sawing how supply convoys are attacked by Talibs it has both armored trucks an regular trucks.
We are not USA and we should not compare their requirement to ours.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador

I find it insane just to protect the cabin alone and leave other troops/goods fully exposed. If army thinks the path is not safe means they would have send a MPV not a truck.

No it was stopped with fire arm then villagers put fire on them, As i said we use 2.5ton vehicle for patrol..

Its not Insane, The concept of open vehicle is meant for quick dispersion of troops on ground when ambushed, 'Staying in one vehicle makes it a single target where as dispersed troops are hard targets, but for troops its easy to find and neutralized the target this type of vehicles proved better under enemy ambush'

Examples of such vehicles based on open this concept:

It harder to get out from an armoud vehicle than a open vehicle, this vehicle are good when under fire in placed ambushes..

Armored Crew cabin not only for safety for Driver and co-driver but THAT co driver will provide fire support with a machine gun or a rifle for the troops..

Now MPV and Tashak Vehicle helps to carry out troops under fire, they are not very good in sudden ambushes..

Last edited:

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Kunal sir, if we have RCWS on such truck or jeep it could be used effectively against any ambush and troops can fight it way out of it. plus with some equipment it can be counter very effectively.

BTW i agree about the back side of truck and part where troops have to disperse and take cover against ambush.

Last edited:

plugwater

Kunal, One grenade will end the lives of all men in that truck.

Truck are no good in hostile zone IMO. They can be only used in safer areas.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Kunal long time back i saw a modified Truck on DD, made by IA for counter ambush, soldiers was out of that truck in few second and LMG was deployed. Specially made for northeast.

Galaxy

Country flag
When SpyDer will be operational ? I heard it will be operational next year or 2013. Any confirm news ? Tired of hearing for last 5 years. :(

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
When SpyDer will be operational ? I heard it will be operational next year or 2013. Any confirm news ? Tired of hearing for last 5 years. :(
I heard its deployed, Vehicles are Tatra..

Blackwater

I still feel Tatra is reliable and strong TATA i have doubts..

SNB

I am fully in support of TATA , trucks for the Indian military program of any sort. Tata is 100% made in India by Indians , unlike the Tatra trucks which are of eastern European origin with tech transfer and parts sourced from OEM .
Which in essence means India loosing revenue in taxes and Indians loosing jobs to foreign , countries, not to mention loosing out on the know how to expand and build the industrial infrastructure and do R&D in-house.

Blackwater

I am fully in support of TATA , trucks for the Indian military program of any sort. Tata is 100% made in India by Indians , unlike the Tatra trucks which are of eastern European origin with tech transfer and parts sourced from OEM .
Which in essence means India loosing revenue in taxes and Indians loosing jobs to foreign , countries, not to mention loosing out on the know how to expand and build the industrial infrastructure and do R&D in-house.
Tatra is tried and tested .Tata heavy trucks are not..

SNB

If we Indians do not try and test the TATA trucks how will we ever know. The argument you make blackwater is sorta like the chicken&egg argument.
If India wants to get ahead and be fully self-reliant as far as the indigenous equipment and technology goes , then our mantra should be ,"BUILD INDIAN , BUY INDIAN", there is no substitute to the satisfaction of in-house production and know-how.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles