Tata Motors enters Algeria with Indica, Vista, Indigo and Manza

cobra commando

Tharki regiment
Country flag
Tata Motors marks its entry into Algeria with a host of products in the passenger segment. The company has appointed SPA Elsecom for distribution and marketing of passenger vehicles in the country and will introduce the Tata Indica and Vista along with Indigo and Manza in the hatchback and sedan range respectively.

With the new Tata Motors range of hatchbacks and sedans on show at the company dealerships in Algeria, Tata Motors expects to tap buyers in this new market while along with the company's HorizonNext strategy offer customers in the region the best of vehicle experience and sound after sales support. Tata Motors along with local partners SPA Elsecom are in the process of appointing dealers in Algeria and Oran with plans of setting up 10 sales and service bases in the region by end of 2014. Tata Motors which ventured overseas in 1961 has a presence in a host of countries across Europe besides in Latin America, Africa, Russia, Middle East, Asia and have only recently established its presence in Australia. Algeria was targeted as the company's focus market where in the range of vehicles will be offered equipped with state of the art customer conveniences to offer best in class experience. Each Tata Motors model offered in Algeria will receive a number of added safety features to include ABS, dual air bags. Tata Manza and Vista will be presented in Algeria with 5 years warranty/100,000kms besides 24 hours parts guarantee and 5 year free roadside assistance.
Tata Motors enters Algeria with Indica, Vista, Indigo and Manza

pmaitra

Very good news. It is nice to see Tata making a global imprint. Tata's strategy is right. Target the middle income and developing economies, instead of taking on the giants like Merc-Benz, Audi, or BMW.

Blackwater

Algeria ka Allah hi hafiz ha.

GOD save the people of algeria from TATA

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
Very good news. It is nice to see Tata making a global imprint. Tata's strategy is right. Target the middle income and developing economies, instead of taking on the giants like Merc-Benz, Audi, or BMW.
They don't quite need to that with the TATA brand, they have JLR to fall back on.

Other than that, TATA has not been able to leave much of a footprint in overseas markets wherever they have introduced, they either end up as non-existent player or with minimal market share.

pmaitra

They don't quite need to that with the TATA brand, they have JLR to fall back on.

Other than that, TATA has not been able to leave much of a footprint in overseas markets wherever they have introduced, they either end up as non-existent player or with minimal market share.
You are right. In contrast, I think Mahindra has been faring a little better. With the new TATA Zest, I believe TATA is making progress when it comes to fit and finish. The TATA Manza is selling in Eastern Europe. Give it some time. Look at how Hyundai crawled into the western markets. I am sure TATA will do well. They are learning, and making progress. The idea is to never give up.

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
You are right. In contrast, I think Mahindra has been faring a little better. With the new TATA Zest, I believe TATA is making progress when it comes to fit and finish. The TATA Manza is selling in Eastern Europe. Give it some time. Look at how Hyundai crawled into the western markets. I am sure TATA will do well. They are learning, and making progress. The idea is to never give up.
I think the problem stems from the fact that India yet is not known for engineering prowess, and it is high time that there is branding done around India as an engineering power delivering quality products. Not just these two, there are so many more out there in India, but yes, along with the image of brand India, there needs to be deliverance on fantastic quality, where again we are lacking.

Other than that, TATA has the luxury of using JLR and behind that push TATA, also time they incorporate the technology from JLR, not sure why are they so slow on that end. Mahindra, well, they are just a scratch above the initial struggle but it's a long way to go, though they definitely have a product better than TATA.

mattster

Respected Member
Country flag
The problem with Indian private sector conglomerates is that they had a captive Indian market for so long and they gave up on the international market quickly.

Let me give you an example - Kia Motors of South Korea only started building cars in 1973. Tata, Birla, and Mahindra were building cars ages before that.

In the 70's.....I never even heard of a Korean car. I was living in Malaysia at that time. In 80's.....I moved to the US and the early Korean labels like Hyundai were considered a joke.
They were so inferior to Japanese and even American cars. Their reputation was so bad that to this day Hyundai offers one of the best warranties in the auto market.
Today I see Kia Motors cars everywhere....and not only are they nice to drive, they are even ahead of the Japanese when it comes to styling and design.

Indian companies on the other hand never turned their attention to the international market. No doubt the auto-market is a brutal market, but India could have cornered the emerging economy car market - but they let the Japanese and Korean grab that. Only TATA sold some trucks...but they had no penetration

Compersion

Country flag
Indian companies used to rely also depend on licensing and getting design and knowledge and head start from overseas. it was mostly due to capital and financial requirements and profits maximization. but it is changing and a lot of good stuff is coming from within india and hence the more confidence to get into overseas markets. also capital raising is easier (although not easy like the west and south east asia).

for example Tata with its new models and Mahindra with XUV 500 and others and the motorcycle gangs of Hero, Bajaj, TVS. One look at Hindustan Motors shows the difference in approach.

Illusive

Country flag
I dont know who designs TATA cars but they suck in looks, reliability is OK, my uncle drove Indica for a few years. TATA needs to take a new approach on how to reach their consumers. Its not just about mileage these days.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles