Tanzanian girl stripped, beaten in Bengaluru; 'deeply pained' says Sushma Swaraj

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by TheRenegades, Feb 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheRenegades

TheRenegades Regular Member

Absolutely disgusting! Reeks of racism and abuse against women.

Our society needs to hold a mirror onto itself.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...d-says-Sushma-Swaraj/articleshow/50839297.cms

BENGALURU/NEW DELHI: The African students in north Bengaluru closed ranks on Wednesday as details emerged of a mob of locals allegedly attacking and stripping a Tanzanian girl in the neighourhood on Sunday.

The 21-year-old girl who had been attacked met with top police officials on Wednesday to narrate what the mob had done to her. She gave her statement at the DCP's office in Peenya.

As the details spread, community leaders were constantly in touch with their fellow nationals and relayed the safer routes they should take when commuting between their homes and colleges.

"We are now scared of every Indian around us after what happened to me," the 21-year-old student of a city college told mediapersons at Sapthagiri Hospital, where she was taken for a medical test by police.

External affairs minister Sushma Swaraj took note of the incident and tweeted, "We are deeply pained over the shameful incident with a Tanzanian girl in Bengaluru."

She asked the state government to ensure the safety and security of all foreign students.

Earlier, in a note verbale, Tanzania high commission asked the external affairs ministry to take strong legal action against those who assaulted the girl.

Bengaluru police on Wednesday registered a case under 354 IPC (outraging the modesty of a woman) against unidentified persons.

Four locals were taken into custody later in the evening.

I spoke to the Chief Minister Karnataka. He informed me that a criminal case has been registered and four accused have been arrested.

— Sushma Swaraj (@SushmaSwaraj) February 3, 2016

The girl's nightmare unfolded around 7.30pm on Sunday when she and her three Tanzanian friends were going in a car in Ganapathinagar, off Hesaraghatta Main Road. Almost 2km away and about 30 minutes hour earlier, a car driven by a Sudanese student had run over Shabana Taj, 35, who had been walking with her husband, electrical contractor Sanaullah.

A mob allegedly comprising locals, who were rioting following the accident, stopped the girl's car. "We got out of the car and there were many people around. There was a policeman standing nearby and I asked him what had happened. He said nothing. A friends rushed to me and asked me not to walk around. By then, the mob started hitting him," she said.

"They pushed me around and hit me. I was wearing a T-shirt. They tugged at it and tore it, leaving me literally without anything. They continued to thrash us and we ran for our lives. My friends and I hopped onto a bus. The driver didn't move and the other passengers threw us out. We were at the mob's mercy. A passerby who offered me a T-shirt was also attacked. They thrashed us again till we took shelter near some shops," she said.

The mob, meanwhile, had set ablaze the car.

As they made their way to Sapthagiri Hospital, the mob chased them. Even at the hospital, the mob allegedly threatened to storm the hospital if the Africans were not sent out.

Police sources said they took the girl's statement on Wednesday, confirming there's been a three-day delay in acting on the incident.

We have taken the Tanzanian girl's statement, we are looking into the matter, says NS Megharikh pic.twitter.com/UZNFh3vVVm

— ANI (@ANI_news) February 3, 2016
    African student leaders condemned the killing of the woman in an accident involving a Sudanese student but said the law should take its course. However, attacking innocent people based on their ethnicity should not be tolerated, they said, adding that the matter has been taken up with their embassies too.

"A woman has died and those responsible for the accident should be brought to book. But these students had nothing to do with it," said Bosco Kweesi, legal adviser to the African students.

A leader of the Tanzanian association, said she and some of her friends rushed to the police station Sunday night, seeking help to take their injured compatriots to hospital. "They plainly refused to come to our help or accept our complaint.. Police already had one of our fellow nationals who was in no way connected to the accident in their custody. A policeman told us that 'you all look alike and your fellow national will be set free only if you bring the guilty African car driver'," she said.

3. Panjab47

Panjab47 सर्वाग्रेक्षत्रियाजट्टादेवकल्पादृढ़व्रता|੧੫| Banned

You've never dealt with majority black areas in west. 80% of coke dealers arrested in India are Nigerian.

I don't want these people in country period but, if they are keep on tight leash.

Look up crime stats on majority black areas in USA. 100s of murders 1000s of shootings etc.

4. saty

saty Tihar Jail Banned

Already posted in media lies watch thread

anyway once again
    #Presstitues simply ignored writing the deceased person name 'Shabana Taj(35)',Muslim mob gone rampage as usual.Shameless Karnataka khangress govt&police. :frusty:

I_PLAY_BAD, maomao, salute and 2 others like this.
  5. sorcerer

sorcerer Senior Member Senior Member

Exactly...the name got me thinking too!!!
    I was searching for the communal angle..the locality where the incident took place etc.
    Lots of accidents do happen at Bangalore..but this is the first of its kind..so thats what got me thinking

maomao likes this.
  6. saty

saty Tihar Jail Banned

Do you know only 44% filthy muzzies are in jails actually their ratio must be around 60% Khangress govt's in states saved many muzzies else they contribute their fair share of 60%.

sorcerer and Nuvneet Kundu like this.
  7. dhananjay1

dhananjay1 Regular Member

Yes, please go ahead add another self loathing badge of 'racism' to already full medal display of 'communalism' 'intolerance' and many more. :laugh: No need to find out what it was, common crime, campus fraction war or anything else.

maomao, Nuvneet Kundu and asingh10 like this.
  8. TheRenegades

One must be delusional if they think racism doesn't exist in India.

One even hates their next door neighbor because he/she is different or follows different faith. We need a national conversation on this topic.

Neo and Sylex21 like this.
  9. TheRenegades

Racism is everywhere. Question is what are we going to do about it.

Sylex21 likes this.
  10. VIP

VIP Ultra Nationalist Senior Member

Why no mention of "Muslim Mob" anywhere? Media always reports Hindu Mob when Hindus are involved.

11. dhananjay1

dhananjay1 Regular Member

I don't follow western pseudo-biological white, black, brown, yellow 'race' classification. :laugh: And 'faith' is not 'race'. national conversation.....hilarious.

maomao, Abhijat and fooLIam like this.
  12. Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Sakal Gharelu Ustad Detests Jholawalas Moderator

It is not just about racism. This is the case of mob justice.

maomao likes this.
  13. TheRenegades

There is no mob justice only violence

14. asingh10

asingh10 Senior Member Senior Member

500 murders within 2 months in Bihar don't evoke any response from the Adarsh liberals (who supported Lalu for Bihar btw) but one such event in Bangalore is enough to start a "national conversation" on "racism" lol.

rock127 and maomao like this.
  15. Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Sakal Gharelu Ustad Detests Jholawalas Moderator

Well Biharis themselves did not care. Why would anyone else!

16. asingh10

asingh10 Senior Member Senior Member

Yeah but that's what Liberals are all about. No responsibility or accountability for their actions remember. So you can't blame the Biharis for their bad decisions, other wise you are racist/casteist/patriarchical etc.

maomao likes this.
  17. TheRenegades

Classic derailing. Stay on topic @asingh10

For the record, 500 murderers in Bihar within 2 months is absolutely deplorable. All those murders and killings laughs in the face of the institutions of this country.

Neo likes this.
  18. Blackwater

Blackwater Veteran Member Veteran Member

Moral of the story is ' Never stop during car accident in India'.

paja lo gaddi:biggrin2::biggrin2::balleballe:

DingDong likes this.
  19. Panjab47

@TheRenegades Idgaf about racism, I want to kill all other races and replace them with mine.

USA has over 1000 murders monthly. Speak for USA renegades we don't want you back.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2016
  20. Panjab47

USA has over 1000 murders monthly. Speak for USA renegades we don't want you back.

21. Ancient Indian

Ancient Indian Unplugged Version Senior Member

Preach somewhere buddy.
    Your big heart overshadowing my boner from the view.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.