Tamil Nadu government shuts colleges over anti-Lanka stir

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by Neuro, Mar 16, 2013.

1. Neuro

Neuro Tihar Jail Banned

Tamil Nadu government shuts colleges over anti-Lanka stir - The Times of India

CHENNAI: With students of more than 40 colleges across the state joining the protest against the Sri Lankan government for alleged war crimes, the Tamil Nadu government has ordered indefinite closure of arts and science colleges across the state. Official sources in the higher education department said instructions in this regard were conveyed to college authorities. "Students have to vacate college hostels until further orders," a senior official in the department said.

Universities postponed practical examinations indefinitely. In a statement to the media, University of Madras controller of exams T R Ramakrishnan said, "The undergraduate, postgraduate and professional degree practical examinations scheduled for April 2013 are postponed and revised dates will be intimated later". Contact classes under the varsity's institute of distance education were also postponed. Some autonomous colleges are in the midst of their last internal assessments, while some affiliated colleges in the city are holding their model exams. College heads said exams would be rescheduled.

"We were instructed over the phone by the directorate of collegiate education to close the college. We held a senate meeting with the student leaders, wardens and other senior academicians and decided to send the hostel students home or to their local guardians," said Madras Christian College principal R W Alexander Jesudasan. "We expect the government to tell us when to reopen, and we will pass on the information to the students," he said.

For the last one week, students of several colleges across the state joined the protests and hunger strike, seeking justice for Lankan Tamils. The hunger fast, started by Loyola College students in Chennai, quickly spread to other colleges in the state.

According to observers, such a surge by college students on a single issue was last witnessed in the state during the 1965 anti-Hindi agitation.

KS and HEILTAMIL like this.
  3. HEILTAMIL

HEILTAMIL Regular Member

hopefully central government understand the seriousness of what tamil language means to tamil people,

வாழ்க தமிழ், வளர்க பாரத தேசம்
    (longlive tamil , long live bharath)

mikhail, Ash, KS and 1 other person like this.
  4. SajeevJino

SajeevJino Long walk Elite Member

One Of my Friend Studying Science in.a College near to Nagercoil...Their Principal told to the Students " College closes till Next Announcement" There is No reason Provided by The Principal for Why that Leave...then He Findout Oh yeah Tamil Eelem Problem...

Reality is Since the Students Strike against hindi ....after this is the next one Where students comes Front...I don't know How many of them Really going to the Strike or going to hangout with Friends..

My Friend in Facebook Really her words are Anti India..I'm asked why She says the govt didn't responds for Tamil Peoples in Lanka And I'm asked to her why the TN govt didn't she says all are slaves by same Ring ..

And DFI had bunch of Tamil Peoples they had discuss with India front Not Tamil Front to hate Indian Govt...I know why @kayal banned

But What's up @Neuro again you are banned

and I request to @HEILTAMIL Post your words with India front Not to hate our govt or Nation by The reason of Tamil Peoples. .

We have Supreme Court to decide our Side Not the Politicians and Ofcourse we are also

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2015
    HEILTAMIL and Apollyon like this.
  5. SajeevJino

I Hate Politicians on this issue..

We have Court to decide where we stands lodge a complaint over there and Surely we get Positive Results..You Know who Gives Kaveri water to us is Karunanidhi No Is Jayalalitha No Supreme Court does then why It's comes on the Jegat

Here DFIans had no hope in Politicians But Some hope there with Courts

6. Daredevil

Daredevil On Vacation! Administrator

I have a simple question. Why are DMK tamil patriots not resigning from UPA cabinet and pull out from the government?. DMK and AIADMK are playing politics in this issue.

HEILTAMIL and parijataka like this.
  7. HEILTAMIL

HEILTAMIL Regular Member

apologise to DFI
    here after i will not be posting or supporting pro-tamil front
    thanks for pointing out,

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2015
  8. HEILTAMIL

HEILTAMIL Regular Member

if they pull out how else can they earn money, she cant go dance again

9. HeinzGud

HeinzGud Senior Member Senior Member

This should not go any deeper. I hope that TN people will understand why Sinhalese had to stand up to their rights. I mean this whole business is created by Brits. Before them we were both very good friends.

HEILTAMIL likes this.
  10. HEILTAMIL

HEILTAMIL Regular Member

your are absolutely right, the british imperialists, and their european counterparts in the last century were responsible for this,
    they successfully turned brothers against each other

HeinzGud likes this.
  11. GPM

GPM Tihar Jail Banned

Bharat is FIRST. Long live Bharat.

12. HEILTAMIL

HEILTAMIL Regular Member

a united bharat where pact was made between life of tamil upon joining the union, where life of tamil gladly joined and which is legally and constitutionaly guranteed idea:thumb:
    so
    வாழ்க தமிழ், வளர்க பாரத தேசம்
    (longlive tamil , long live bharath)
    HEILTAMIL ↑

Please understand Pro-tamil doesnot mean anti-india ,
    if u still don't understand what it means go through my posts where i have clearly noticed the ideas,
    and these were the quotes of famous freedom fighters before Gandhi/Nehru joined,

Thanks.,so

உடல் மண்ணுக்கு உயிர் தமிழுக்கு
    Body for Bharat , Soul for tamil.
    Body for

Last edited: Mar 17, 2013
  13. Sam2012

Sam2012 Tihar Jail Banned

14. Das ka das

Das ka das Tihar Jail Banned

Subramanian Swamy maintains this was funded by foreign Christian missionaries. Won't be surprising as the Church had strong links with the LTTE with its leadership being Christian converts. Also the mischief the Church has perpetrated is well known now after the Kundankulam protests.

15. KS

KS Bye bye DFI Veteran Member

Subramanian Swamy is a jackass in so far as the Lankan issue is concerned. His views are because of the Aryan-Dravidian mentality where he tends to identify with Sinhalas because they are Aryans.

16. KS

HEILTAMIL likes this.
  17. KS

True they may be. They always have.

But this is not a politically engineered problem. The politicians are just following the wishes of the people.

18. SajeevJino

In Central Government there are 40 MP's from Tamil Nadu Keeping alive Congress in Parliament ...Does they Have sense to Protest for Tamil Peoples ...Na They Need Power only Not the Peoples Issue And Their Arguments

Still Karunanidi saying we are going to withdraw our Support from Congress He says this words from 2009 to till Now

Phenom and KS like this.
  19. Yusuf

Yusuf GUARDIAN Administrator

:facepalm:

parijataka likes this.
  20. Sam2012

Sam2012 Tihar Jail Banned

Hey come on if Karunanidhi pulls out support for UPA & govt get dissolved there will be more chance for congress to form UPA-3 banking on sympathy vote . If they govt is not dissolved then they have almost one year to use CBI against DMK on their will :thumb:

If Congress led UPA wins polls in 2013 then whole karunanidhi family & aid's will be in Tihar jail because many are involved in scam , poor budda is in between devil & deep blue sea:sad:

21. PredictablyMalicious

PredictablyMalicious Punjabi Senior Member

sinhalese are aryans???? LOL