Tallest buildings in India

Discussion in 'Economy & Infrastructure' started by Godless-Kafir, Apr 29, 2011.

1. Godless-Kafir

Godless-Kafir DFI Buddha Senior Member

Wanted to start a thread about the tallest buildings in India. Looks like Mumbai going to explode skywards because its genuinely a land locked city with a lot of wealth with no wear to go but up! Ambanis house is actually more expensive than the Burj Khalifa in Dubai which costs 1.2 billion USD while Mukeshs home costs a cool 1.8$ billion USD! He could have easily made it far taller than Burj Khalifa but instead made a lavish and insanely luxurious house, which is the most expensive home ever built and probably ever to be built.

The new ideas in the Horizone like India towers are quite breath takeing in Size and there are plenty in the pipeline which would make Mumbai a sky scarper haven.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_tallest_buildings_in_Mumbai

India Towers
    [​IMG]

World One
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 29, 2011
  3. Godless-Kafir

Does anyone know if the India Towers building is a real project?

4. Param

Param Senior Member Senior Member

I just hate the ultra rich building towers when millions rot in poverty in neighboring slums. Btw I don't think really tall buildings suit India .Imagine if something goes really wrong like a fire in a highrise, do we have the necessary equipment and trained personnel in large numbers?

5. Godless-Kafir

Lets not be Hypocrites at the end of the day most people here are sitting in an Apartment and typing their anti-apartments rants! :D

Mumbai high rises are more of an necessity than an luxury, they dont have enough land to spread out like Delhi,Bangalore or some other places. You dont want the slums to go at the same time we dont want apartments to come up, lets all stay in slow deterioration of Gandhi values and increase the poor.

6. Param

My apartment is a necessity unlike apartments of billionaires. Btw I meant that extremely tall buildings would not suit India.

7. Godless-Kafir

We are not talking of India but just Mumbai and neither are we talking of Mukesh Ambanis Antilla. Tall buildings bring down the cost of living and give good value to the plot not to mention you can house more people in less land. Indias population explosion requires some rethinking. We need tall housing apartment which take up less land for the poor instead of vast sprawling Slums.

8. amitkriit

amitkriit Senior Member Senior Member

Delhi lies in Earthquake-prone zone, so I would not like to see many high-rise buildings coming up here. Besides, destabilizing of soil due to unchecked withdrawal of ground-water might spell doom on one of these buildings in future, even if some dreamer builds one. I will never go to live or work inside one of them.

9. Param

Dude I understand your noble idea but those two pictures do not look like a solution to the problem of slums. Those look more like landmarks.

10. Godless-Kafir

Dude high raises are built to with stand earthquakes and Storms, only thing you should be concerned about is those illegal structures which keep falling apart after every rains?

11. tarunraju

tarunraju Moderator Moderator

GIFT (Gujarat International Finance Tech-City), Narendra Modi's pet-project. Upcoming building in Surat. Since Surat houses the diamond-cutting industry, the building is shaped like one to keep up with the theme. Modi wants a huge chunk of the world's diamond trade cartels to move to Surat.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Godless-Kafir

looks nice but Surat!!! I did not expect a town like Surat to have an Sky Scraper. Its not even a city like Ahmadabad.

13. tarunraju

tarunraju Moderator Moderator

Surat already has one of the highest rated municipal corporations in the country. It's a small city, but there's enough wealth concentrated there to let the city build its own skyline.

And like I said, Modi plans to attract all segments of the diamond-trade industry to Surat, since it already has its most vital segment (diamond cutting).

14. plugwater

plugwater Elite Member Elite Member

yes GK they are building it. DB realty is the developer, with the arrests of key persons in that group i doubt they ll finish this project.

Construction picture

[​IMG]

15. ganesh177

ganesh177 Regular Member