Talks on for building 3 More Talwars

sasi

Why do you get so emotional? The first Kolkata was scheduled to enter service on 2010 right? and now it is almost 2013 and it is still soaked in water, the main power plant is not installed yet, don't tell me you are gonna cut the deck open and do it later, the pictures posted above are not most updated though, these are the most current take.but see even the main mask is there, there is no radar.

Kolkata and Cochin?

There are three hulls waiting on imported engines, radars, missiles, they are just floating shells, sorry ,facts hurt. and after 3 years of delay, we still don't see any progress.and who is to blame? Chinese?

Average time Chinese, Korean or Japanese shipyard used to build a destroyer is 3 years, Kolkata has used up nine years and still not delivered, who is to blame?
First you make a destroyer completely in china, then troll here. We know u import engines from ukraine.
~
By the way don't worry abt us. Mind ur own business.

Shaitan

Zandu Balm all day
Mod
Country flag
Kolkata is still under construction and it is a major progress I have to say, but we will see the complete ship after it is delivered.
shivalik are russian design and russian parts, it does not support my argument
Do you know how many of your designs are Russian?? Delhi class has Russian lineage too. Doesn't matter.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
That is not Shivalik Class, That is talwar class..

If you are clueless about designs best is to quite down..

shivalik are russian design and russian parts, it does not support my argument
Say again..

that is actually THE issue, it means you have not grasped the technology of modularized assembling, which in turn, slows down your batch production speed.and one can tell from your Delhi class, the workmanship has a lot of room to improve.

RedDragon

India has no issues with making surface combatants on their own. Only thing lacking is the capacity to make 10s of ship at one time.
Then why not make more ship factories? Are there any information about newly constructing ship factories of India?

Known_Unknown

Devil's Advocate
Then why not make more ship factories? Are there any information about newly constructing ship factories of India?
There are private shipyards, but they are not trusted by the IN and the Ministry of Defence. The public shipyards on the other hand are overburdened and don't have the necessary facilities or staff to build additional ships.

Indian Navy Casts out Pvt Shipyards, Opts for Foreign Construction of Project-75 I Submarines

While the private sector shipyards have been eagerly awaiting to participate in building the conventional submarines for the navy as promised by the Defence Ministry, the decision to invite foreign and public sector shipyards for P-75 I will not go down well with private shipyards. Despite significant capabilities as well as increased investment by the private shipyards like Larsen & Toubro shipyard and Pipavav shipyard, it has been largely felt that private sector does not have the infrastructure or technology for such crucial projects.

The bone of contention which the Indian Navy has with Indian private shipyards is the lack of superior infrastructure and the guarantee of timely delivery of submarines. The reason for building the six new submarines abroad is to avoid delays as experienced in the Project-75 Scorpene class submarines being built in India.

The Indian Navy insists that the Project 75I submarines will be built abroad, preventing the delays it is experiencing with its current Project 75 (Scorpene) class. Project 75 involves the construction of six Scorpene submarines in MDL, in partnership with French DCNS. With consistent delays in P-75 Scorpene submarines, Indian Navy is trying to avert further complications by circumventing private sector participation in P-75 I project. The request for information (RFI) for P-75 I has been out and the French with their Scorpene submarine and the Russian Amur 1650 class submarine are the contenders.

Project 75-I is a follow-up to Project-75 which entailed construction of six submarines and transfer of technology through a tie-up between India and French firm DCNS. The $ 4.6 billion deal was signed in 2005 but a string of delays have plagued the project ever since. As of now, it has been revealed by DCNS and state-run MDL that the first Scorpene submarine which was scheduled to be delivered this year will only be ready by 2015.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
The current facilities are being expanded and private shipyards have come in too.

India usually moves slowly but steadily. What is important is that se have a very strong naval design bureau and high level of indigenous equipment and components.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
that is actually THE issue, it means you have not grasped the technology of modularized assembling, which in turn, slows down your batch production speed.
and one can tell from your Delhi class, the workmanship has a lot of room to improve.
Something called learning curve?

All future ships of India will be constructed in modular technique.

The shivalik class is built using this technique.

RedDragon

The current facilities are being expanded and private shipyards have come in too.

India usually moves slowly but steadily. What is important is that se have a very strong naval design bureau and high level of indigenous equipment and components.
I think perhaps this method is more economic for the India: The Indian government use the money for the new frigates to open a state owned company and build new ship factory, then use the ship factory to produce the ships. After build the ships, if the Indian goverment don't want to have the ship factory any more they can just sold it to the private company. No matter sold it to the private comany or not, the product ability of India has been expanded and the ship is builded in cheaper price. If the state company organized well, perhaps they can also earn some profit.

Why not go this way? do you know the reason?

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
I think perhaps this method is more economic for the India: The Indian government use the money for the new frigates to open a state owned company and build new ship factory, then use the ship factory to produce the ships. After build the ships, if the Indian goverment don't want to have the ship factory any more they can just sold it to the private company. No matter sold it to the private comany or not, the product ability of India has been expanded and the ship is builded in cheaper price. If the state company organized well, perhaps they can also earn some profit.

Why not go this way? do you know the reason?
India govt needs to get out of ship building and leave it to private contractors. India needs to have its own Locheeds, Boeings,BAE etc.

Pipavav and L&T have very good facilities. Yet the govt has not entrusted them. But it will all change with time. India will never face the problem of over capacity as our requirement far outstrips our production capacity.

Snuggy321

[video]http://www.ndtv.com/video/player/ndtv-india-documentary/video-story/256742?hp&video-featured[/video]

Global Defence

New threads

Articles