Taliban threaten to send Musharraf to 'hell' when he returns

gokussj9

Country flag
Taliban threaten to send Musharraf to 'hell' when he returns – The Express Tribune

ISLAMABAD: The Tehreek-i-Taliban Pakistan have threatened, in a video released on Saturday, to use suicide bombers and snipers to kill former President Pervez Musharraf when he returns home from exile.
In a Taliban video obtained by Reuters, Adnan Rasheed, who took part in a previous attempt to assassinate Musharraf, said: "[We] have prepared a special squad to send Musharraf to hell. There are suicide bombers, snipers, a special assault unit and a close combat team.:laugh:
Musharraf angered the Taliban and other groups by joining the US war on terror following the September 11 attacks and later launching a major crackdown on militancy in Pakistan.
He is due to return home on Sunday from Dubai, after nearly four years of self-imposed exile, in time to take part in parliamentary elections on May 11.
Musharraf seized power in a 1999 coup and resigned in 2008 when his allies lost a vote and a new government threatened him with impeachment. He left the country a year later.
The former army general faces the possibility of arrest on charges that he failed to provide adequate security for former prime minister Benazir Bhutto before her assassination in 2007, and in relation to other cases.
But his most immediate concern may be Taliban militants seeking revenge.
"It is said when the jackal's death is near it comes to town," said Rasheed, who was among 400 prisoners who were broken out of a jail by militants in 2012.

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag
Musharraf gave interview to Headlines Today... Claims "India continues to bleed Pakistan" :shocked:

Say something original at least! :fp:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Who cares. Terrorists in plain clothes will take out the former chief of terrorists in uniform.

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
under him we just lost less than 2 dozen while our enemy +1800.

He's the 2nd in Pak history after The man of steel Aka ACM nur khan who holds the record of with just 1 active squadron shooting down +100 jets

I like brave men even if they are my enemies.though Sad part is none of our enemy is brave and also sure neither a true brave is possible for the next 7 centuries from our enemies

poor me :(

geoBR

Country flag
Taliban threatens to assassinate Musharraf

Taliban threatens to assassinate Musharraf

Taliban threatens to assassinate Musharraf - Central & South Asia - Al Jazeera English

The Pakistani Taliban have threatened to assassinate former President Pervez Musharraf when he returns to Pakistan from exile on Sunday to contest elections.

The threat on Saturday came after Musharraf said he would return to Pakistan to contest historic elections in May and that he was prepared to risk any danger to his life.

"We have prepared a special squad of suicide bombers for Musharraf," Taliban spokesman Ehsanullah Ehsan told the AFP news agency. "They will attack Musharraf after he arrives Pakistan."

The threat was also made in a Taliban video obtained by Reuters news agency.

The video shows Adnan Rasheed, who took part in a previous attempt to assassinate Musharraf, warning the ex-president about returning to the country.

"The mujahideen of Islam have prepared a special squad to send Musharraf to hell. There are suicide bombers, snipers, a special assault unit and a close combat team."

Protective bail

On Saturday, Musharraf gave a news conference in Dubai confirming that he would be arriving in the port city of Karachi on Sunday to take part in May 11 elections, despite the "fear of the unknown".

A Pakistani court granted the former president protective bail in a string of legal cases on Saturday, paving the way for his return after nearly five years in self-imposed exile.

He is wanted in Pakistan over the assassination of former prime minister Benazir Bhutto in a gun and suicide attack after an election rally in Rawalpindi, the headquarters of the army, on December 27, 2007. He is also wanted in a separate case in connection with the killing of Nawab Akbar Bugti, a Baloch nationalist leader, in 2006.

Commentators say most of his powerbase has evaporated and that he will only be able to secure at the most a couple of seats for his All Pakistan Muslim League party in the next national assembly.

"Two hundred percent! I am travelling back on Sunday to Pakistan," he told AFP in Dubai, where he has divided his time with London.

"I will go by land, air or sea... even to the peril of my life this is the oath I took for the country."

Musharraf seized power in a bloodless military coup when he was army chief of staff in 1999 and left the country after stepping down in August 2008, when Bhutto's widower, Asif Ali Zardari, was elected president.

The outgoing government led by Bhutto's Pakistan People's Party always insisted that Musharraf would be arrested should he return to the country and last year he delayed a planned homecoming after being threatened with detention.

On Saturday, Human Rights Watch called for Musharraf to face trial on his return for the Bugti and Bhutto cases, as well as for "widespread human rights violations, including the enforced disappearances of thousands of political opponents, particularly from Balochistan province, and [the] torture [of] hundreds of Pakistani terrorism suspects" by the government's intelligence services during his tenure.

"Musharraf should not be allowed to elude the serious legal proceedings against him on his return to Pakistan," said Ali Dayan Hasan, Pakistan director at HRW. "Only by ensuring that Musharraf faces the well-documented outstanding charges against him can Pakistan put an end to the military's impunity for abuses."

Commentators believe that an interim government, set to guide the country during the election campaign, should be in place by Sunday.

:gun::gun::gun::gun:

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag
Arrived? was supposed to land at Karachi Airport @ 1130hrs

tramp

Musharraf lands in Karachi

DUBAI: Pakistan's former President Gen. (retd) Pervez Musharraf's flight from Dubai arrived in Karachi after four and a half years in exile.

The 69-year-old ex-dictator says he is prepared to risk any danger to stand for election on May 11.

Dressed in an off-white shalwar kameez, the traditional dress of Pakistan, Musharraf told reporters outside his residence in Dubai, that he was "not feeling nervous" but admitted to some concerns.

"I am feeling concerned about the unknown... there are a lot of unknown factors of terrorism and extremism, unknown factors of legal issue, unknown factors of how much I will be able to perform (in the elections)," he said.

His official Facebook and Twitter accounts provided live commentary, posting messages and photographs of him boarding the aircraft and sitting in his seat.

His scheduled Emirates flight to Karachi took off after some delay at around 10:15 local time (0615 GMT) with supporters on board shouting "long life to Musharraf", annoying some of the regular passengers, said an AFP reporter.

Musharraf lands in Karachi, ending self imposed exile - thenews.com.pk

tramp

Look how history has come a full circle for Musharraf. When Benazir was returning to Pakistan, it was he who was in power. And now he has made a return uncertain about his future and look who is in power, Zardari, Benazir's widower.

Blackwater

under him we just lost less than 2 dozen while our enemy +1800.

He's the 2nd in Pak history after The man of steel Aka ACM nur khan who holds the record of with just 1 active squadron shooting down +100 jets

I like brave men even if they are my enemies.though Sad part is none of our enemy is brave and also sure neither a true brave is possible for the next 7 centuries from our enemies

poor me :(
is this stats from panipat ki larai

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
A man of his kind

if not president atleast he should be given a special post for a new major war with india in 2015

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
No something bigger

i mean at conventional level but not tiny useless war like kargil

something like the 65 war

tramp

Musharraf will have to be housed inside an army camp in Rawalpindi now.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles