T-90 and BMP-3 will carry French communications gear

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Thales signed an agreement for the supply of communications equipment for Russian armored vehicles

TSAMTO, June 15. "Rosoboronexport" at "Eurosatory 2010 signed a contract with Thales' agreement providing for the supply of communications equipment to be installed on the Russian armored vehicles, told news agency RIA Novosti, the head of the Russian delegation at the exhibition, Deputy Director General of Rosoboronexport Igor Sevastyanov .

According to him, sets of communications will be integrated on the Russian MBT T-90 and BMP-3.

Earlier, Rosoboronexport, and Thales Group in the framework of the exhibition Eurosatory 2010 signed a contract for the transfer of Russian technology for the production of thermal imaging cameras, which are part of the sights to be installed on various types of armored vehicles.

The cost of the contracts are not reported.

http://www.armstrade.org/includes/periodics/news/2010/0615/14104875/detail.shtml

ppgj

Thales signed an agreement for the supply of communications equipment for Russian armored vehicles

TSAMTO, June 15. "Rosoboronexport" at "Eurosatory 2010 signed a contract with Thales' agreement providing for the supply of communications equipment to be installed on the Russian armored vehicles, told news agency RIA Novosti, the head of the Russian delegation at the exhibition, Deputy Director General of Rosoboronexport Igor Sevastyanov .

According to him, sets of communications will be integrated on the Russian MBT T-90 and BMP-3.

Earlier, Rosoboronexport, and Thales Group in the framework of the exhibition Eurosatory 2010 signed a contract for the transfer of Russian technology for the production of thermal imaging cameras, which are part of the sights to be installed on various types of armored vehicles.

The cost of the contracts are not reported.

http://www.armstrade.org/includes/periodics/news/2010/0615/14104875/detail.shtml
will only communications upgrade be enough when russian army is refusing both T-90, BMP-3 (for being obsolete) as per this -

http://translate.google.com/transla...enta.ru/news/2010/04/20/outdated/&sl=ru&tl=en

ppgj

The article says it does not want "non-upgraded" BMP-3 and T-90.
agree and that was not my point.

Thales FLIR and communications equipment is a sizable upgrade.
it may be sizable but will that suffice for the russian army to accept them??

any idea on what other upgrades they are planning besides the thales FLIR.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
It may or may not. At the roundtable Popovkin expressed unhappiness with lack of automatic transmissions and modern engines. Russia could turn to either France or Germany for such technology.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
What i see here, is Russia is looking for new tech to update it future force, the new purchase of ships and communication and so on..

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
What i see here, is Russia is looking for new tech to update it future force, the new purchase of ships and communication and so on..
Obviously, Russian industry has not been able to meet the demands of the government for modern technology. What is interesting is the large turn to France over all other countries. This sale of communications gear for armour, license production of thermal imagers, Mistral BPC, Dassault Falcon presidential jets, license production of Arius helicopter engines, the takeover of Russian automobile industry by Renault. Russia is bleeding at ever greater competencies.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Obviously, Russian industry has not been able to meet the demands of the government for modern technology. What is interesting is the large turn to France over all other countries. This sale of communications gear for armour, license production of thermal imagers, Mistral BPC, Dassault Falcon presidential jets, license production of Arius helicopter engines, the takeover of Russian automobile industry by Renault. Russia is bleeding at ever greater competencies.
Indeed..
After the fall of soviets their industry gone through tech era gap which resulted in unsatisfactory results in certain weapon technology..
With the help of France it will complete the gaps left over in past..

Maksim Isaev

You are wrong////

My friends, what are you write? Personally i think that BMP-3 is the better machine. First it has a bigger firepower. Yes we know that Bradley has TOW but the new versions of bmp-3 also has anti tank missiles.Bmp-3 is much more maneuvarable and faster than IFV. And i think that even american military admit that Bradley has many problems. I know one example showing how reliable is BMP-3.Russian army used a few machines for tests in kazakhs's desert.The filtrate of one of BMP-3s was pierced by a mechanic and the desert sand began filling the engine. But the engine of BMP-3 worked for 10 hours full with sand and without any problems. and after the collapse of Soviet union we become stronger.:mad:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles