Syria is a secular country like India, says Grand Mufti Hassoun

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Syria is a secular country like India, says Grand Mufti Hassoun
Zee Media Bureau
Follow @ZeeNews
Delhi: Syria's Grand Mufti Dr Ahmad Badreddin Hassoun has said the ISIS or Daesh, were killing people for money at the behest of Saudi Arabia and Turkey.

He also said that Syria was being targeted as it was "much like the Indian republic"

He pointed out that Syria was the only country in the Arab region which had 25 different sects and called it the first secular country in the Middle East.

Hassoun said in an interview withIndia Today,"We are fighting against 100 different countries. I would like you to know where the Daesh is. It is inTorabora and Pakistan. They have trained them and were supporting them and gave them all facilities. And they have set them free."

"They are manufactured by the USA in Afghanistan and the Taliban is one part of them. There is the Saudi school of thinking, which is spreading throughout the world in the name of Islam, which is the main power that directs them where to go and how to move," he added.

"Syria always refused to be with one side engaged with the other. The PM of Turkey has visited Syria five times just to convince Syrian leadership to allow parties to be based on religious thinking to exist in Syria, but our leadership has always refused this. The prince of Qatar came and he told us 'You have to find the way, you have to go to the American interests; you have to do the American interests'. We have always refused. We were always with Jawaharlal Nehru's way and that of Indira Gandhi, to be with the non-aligned movement; to make peace in the Middle East region as India is doing now," the Grand Mufti further said.

At the same time, hailing Indians, Hassoun said, "I came to India to tell the Indian people that you are a wonderful people. The Indian people in Europe, in USA are proving themselves to be a very intellectual and intelligent people. Don't let the West misuse India to make it a poorer country. Take care of your own country."

Hassoun's son was among those killed by the ISIS.

@Nuvneet Kundu @asingh10 @Panjab47 @Superdefender @warrior monk @Screambowl @manutdfan @garbharat @bengalraider @Mad Indian @Blackwater @SREEKAR @Srinivas_K @airtel @salute @roma @rock127
Syria wanted economic aid, strategic co operation, investment and some construction projects etc..
We are providing all of their demands without any demand from our side.
They are butter polishing and faltering too much.
Sale chaaploos log, itna bolne ki kya zaroorat thi?
:biggrin2::biggrin2:

spikey360

Crusader
Country flag
If Bharat can ever become neutral states with Muslim countries, Iran and Syria would be first among them. I wouldn't go as far as saying allies, since Islam, Shia Islam in these countries have a long way to come to reform and pacify themselves if they ever want to call themselves allies.
The rest of the Islamic republics are our enemies.

sorcerer

Country flag
At the same time, hailing Indians, Hassoun said, "I came to India to tell the Indian people that you are a wonderful people. The Indian people in Europe, in USA are proving themselves to be a very intellectual and intelligent people. Don't let the West misuse India to make it a poorer country. Take care of your own country."

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Dear commies of India(parents taught me to be compassionate to retards..thats why "Dear"]..even Syrians are thinking smarter than you about India!!

Superdefender

Syria has no future now. Look at these bombings by Russia. I don't think they even have one monument now. All good Syrians went to Europe. If we help them anyway, what will happen? Nothing....even US took his hands up! Suits them. They are the masterminds of ISIS anyway.

spikey360

Crusader
Country flag
Syria has no future now. Look at these bombings by Russia. I don't think they even have one monument now. All good Syrians went to Europe. If we help them anyway, what will happen? Nothing....even US took his hands up! Suits them. They are the masterminds of ISIS anyway.
No, the good Syrians are still in Syria. They would rather die fighting on their land than be living like beggars in Europe.
Syria has a future. But only if that future involves Assad.

DEJAVU

As per one poster about syrians."sale chaploosi kar rahe hain for economic aid and other benefits"
I just want to say if that is the case then why at first indian journos asked for an interview. Sawal indian se mutaliq pooch kar kahten hain k chaploosi.

warrior monk

India is close to all Shia and Alawites of middle east . It is imperative that India helps Iran , Iraq and Syria . Yes there are Shias who are radicals and dream about muslim ummah (Which is a figment of their imagination) but more or less they have carved out their own unique identity amongst the larger Sunni populace .

salute

dont know what he means by 'secular like india',

because shia or sunni its still muslim,

do he know about india and its culture,
which is pretty different than their muslims,arabs or middle east culture.

warrior monk

dont know what he means by 'secular like india',

because shia or sunni its still muslim,

do he know about india and its culture,
which is pretty different than their muslims,arabs or middle east culture.
Secularism I think means where minorities are not persecuted simply because they are different from the majorities not the French retarded definition which our pseudo secularists seem to profess.

dhananjay1

Syria, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon are all ridiculous 'countries' created by British-French mandate after 1st WW. They exist only because French-Brits draw their borders the way it is and for nothing else.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
Secularism I think means where minorities are not persecuted simply because they are different from the majorities not the French retarded definition which our pseudo secularists seem to profess.
No, secularism means that state/govt. organs do not interfere with religion and religion does not interfere with state functioning.
I'm surprised many here doen't know this.

And I don't know if Syria is secular, probably isn't, but at least it isn't barbaric like the American puppet states surrounding syria.
India is not secular in spite of constituion stating so (state interfering in religious matters like temples, marriage etc.)

warrior monk

To be fair Syria is not a secular country only the Alawite and Shia minorities 15% of the population want secularism to prevent themselves from being run over by 85% sunnis in Syria. They remember the Hama uprising in1982 I think by the Muslim Brotherhood , Hafeez Assad crushed the sunni rebellion . The Al Assad family ran the rat lines of Salafists to Iraq after 2003 to keep Americans occupied . Guess the rats bit back well as they say Karma is a bit**.

warrior monk

No, secularism means that state/govt. organs do not interfere with religion and religion does not interfere with state functioning.

And I don't know if Syria is secular, probably isn't, but at least it isn't barbaric like the American puppet states surrounding syria.
India is not secular in spite of constituion stating so (state interfering in religious matters like temples, marriage etc.)
I very well know what it means I was only pointing out what that cleric's definition of secularism he might have meant. He seems to be a Shia for him secularism probably means not getting slaughtered by the majority whether they are Sunnis or Hindus

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
I very well know what it means I was only pointing out what that cleric's definition of secularism he might have meant. He seems to be a Shia for him secularism probably means not getting slaughtered by the majority whether they are Sunnis or Hindus
Okay.
llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
As per one poster about syrians."sale chaploosi kar rahe hain for economic aid and other benefits"
I just want to say if that is the case then why at first indian journos asked for an interview. Sawal indian se mutaliq pooch kar kahten hain k chaploosi.
Aid recipients get things in free and dnonors provide in free.
Moreover, this phrase won't be applicable on us as we don't get things in free(at least not state owned bodies like some countries) and have always something nice to give them back if we take any help.
:)
Hope you understand because India is a net donor of aid with an annual aid budget of $1.6 billions.
And it's surprising because we aid many countries but no country does direct flattering like Syria.
By the way, it's their constitution. Let them do.
For the name india!!, again I love this name. :D

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
I guess for expanding influence in ME.
I India has got some room in Central Asia with the help of Kazakhstan.
For getting in Middle East, government signed several pacts with UAE and Kuwait and negotiations with Saudis are going on.
We manage relations with Iran and Israel at sane time. So, why not Syria.
We can help them to create our soft image. We could be again regaining our respect there which was spoiled by a crazy guy. :rolleyes:

And it gonna be interesting as well.
We have already enough room in South Asian
We have entered Southeast Asia.
We are expanding inside East Africa.
We militarily present in Oceania, Seychelles, Africa and Central Asia and probably Mauritius in future.
We are present in Vietnam.
We are in Iran and Israel.
If mutually allowing using each other's bases pact is signed, we could be using US bases in Atlantic and Pacific. Our New Ships and destroyers can already reach there.
:D
Syria must one of the stops.

Tactical Frog

Country flag

That is a bit an oversimplification . Jordan is by no means barbaric. Turkey is not barbaric either. I suppose you were hinting at Saudi Arabia, which has barbaric methods of execution and punishments.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles