Swiss woman gang-raped in Madhya Pradesh, eight detained

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
its fastest growing around world,it just its reported and get in news more in India.

in todays news papers alone , i saw several rape news in UK,USA,Brazil,Afrika
Which countries have Travel Rape Advisory for foreign travelers??

India is one of the very few which gets related advisory by UK, US, European countries.

Blackwater

Really? What is the penetration of that website?

Why not Govt issue Rape Advisory & declare Rapist Dominated Area ?
i think you are taking in on ur heart.

as i said rape can be occurred anywhere. there is no such things like, rapist dominated area in India unless you are in congo or somalia

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
i think you are taking in on ur heart.

as i said rape can be occurred anywhere. there is no such things like, rapist dominated area in India unless you are in congo or somalia
Rape can occur anywhere. It is practical reality. Problem is when minister is blaming tourists for rape.

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
MP Gangrape: Swiss foreign Min attacks India, wants answers

The Swiss diplomats have attacked Indian government and demanded justice for the victim and her husband, who are on a three-month vacation to the host country.

The Swiss couple was on a cycling trip in the hinterland of Madhya Pradesh, when allegedly a group of eight lathi wielding men attacked them at a forest area in Datia district.
The woman was allegedly gang-raped and her husband was thrashed by the men.

Apollyon

Führer
Country flag
Why go to India now?

Malaysia Truly Asia!
:creepy:
As if there are no cases of foreigners being raped in Malaysia.
It is one of the isolated incidents but Indians need intervention for sure. This attitude gonna take Indians nowhere, maybe with economic prosperity we will see some improvement.

Blackwater

Rape can occur anywhere. It is practical reality. Problem is when minister is blaming tourists for rape.
According to me tourist are partly to be blamed, (my personnel view),reason already discussed

nothing much further to say on this

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
You don't have travel advisory for your state areas & then blame foreign tourists for travelling there. Perfect, Incredible India Campaign back to where it started !

Blackwater

Last edited by a moderator:

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
six year old girl raped in Pakistan during eye operation

six year old girl raped in Pakistan during eye operation

Dont blame india too much. I can post several links of today''s news paper of rape around the world
:facepalm:

You fail to understand the point repeatedly.

Problem is not incident of rape (though it is condemnable), problem is you are blaming victims. Especially in the case when Govt has no advisory about the concerned location or time.

angeldude13

Lestat De Lioncourt
Country flag

Problem is not incident of rape (though it is condemnable), problem is you are blaming victims. Especially in the case when Govt has no advisory about the concerned location or time.

Bhopal: In major embarrassment for Madhya Pradesh government in particular and India in general, MP home minister Uma Shankar Gupta on Sunday blamed the 39-year old Swiss woman for bringing upon herself the gangrape by not informing the state police about her whereabouts. Bizarre as it may sound, CM Shivraj Singh Chouhan later echoed the views of Gupta and said that Swiss tourists should have had informed the government about their location.

"The rape of the Swiss national is unfortunate but foreign travellers should inform the police about their movement so that they can be provided with adequate protection. They often don't follow state's rules," said Gupta.

Expectedly, his statement drew ire from the opposition, with senior Congress leaders in the state demanding his resignation 'for not being able to provide adequate security to even tourists' and later for his 'insensitivity'. It is believed that Madhya Pradesh is one of the most unsafe states for women in India, with statistics suggesting that a woman is raped every nine minutes in the central Indian state.

The woman and her husband were on a cycling trip through MP when they stopped to camp on Friday for the night in Jharia village, eight km from Datia town. It's an area known to be popular with tourists. Eight men, reportedly wielding sticks, attacked the two and sexually assaulted the woman.

The incident, which has drawn international attention, received prompt response from Datia police and twenty suspects were detained on Saturday. Six among those detained were arrested on Sunday after they confessed to their crime.

Notably, the incident of Swiss woman being raped by eight men comes just a month after another such shameful act in Umaria district, in which a Korean woman was raped by a resort manager in Umaria district.

cm of mp said foreigners don't obey rules of the state.
i don't know what kind of rules he is talking about
.:notsure:

Blackwater

i understand your viewpoint, but on blame issue, you fail to understand my view point of homework.

anyhow let see how the case goes further

tramp

i understand your viewpoint, but on blame issue, you fail to understand my view point of homework.

anyhow let see how the case goes further
where can a foreign traveller find advisory about which parts of India are rapist infested? What kind of homework can save somebody from an incident like the on in MP when travel advisory is usually limited to weather to be expected, best clothing, means of transportation etc.....

Blackwater

where can a foreign traveller find advisory about which parts of India are rapist infested? What kind of homework can save somebody from an incident like the on in MP when travel advisory is usually limited to weather to be expected, best clothing, means of transportation etc.....
true rape can happen anywhere. but precautions and homework can or might save you from unexpected.

There are forums/discussion on travel advisory website where people post there experience which can be usefull..

Global Defence

New threads

Articles