Swiss woman gang-raped in Madhya Pradesh, eight detained

angeldude13

Lestat De Lioncourt
Country flag
you have answered the Q yourself.

true Indian mind set needs to be changed Indian mind set still struck in goriya, does not matter she is beautiful or not but fair skin attracts Indian men
i guess this kind of problem is only present in northern part of the india.

people of southern india are mannerful and they respect their ladies very well

Blackwater

i guess this kind of problem is only present in northern part of the india.

people of southern india are mannerful and they respect their ladies very well
i some what agree.

anyhow little update for you

After gang rape, minister says tourists don't follow rules

while calling the incident "unfortunate", said more often than not, "foreign nations fail to follow rules of the state". He added that if the foreigners inform the Assistant Superintendent of Police after entering the state, additional security arrangements could be made for them.

After gang rape, minister says tourists don't follow rules | NDTV.com

angeldude13

Lestat De Lioncourt
Country flag
i some what agree.

anyhow little update for you

After gang rape, minister says tourists don't follow rules

while calling the incident "unfortunate", said more often than not, "foreign nations fail to follow rules of the state". He added that if the foreigners inform the Assistant Superintendent of Police after entering the state, additional security arrangements could be made for them.

After gang rape, minister says tourists don't follow rules | NDTV.com
yeah i read this in news paper today.
i did not knew there were rules like this in india.

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
What a stupid comment by minister!

Which foreign tourists walk & tell Police Superintendent that they are here so please provide security?? Does he mean that basic physical security is optional and provided only to those who specially demand it??

So much for Incredible India campaign!!

Sent via Tapatalk from a galaxy far far away

Blackwater

What a stupid comment by minister!

Which foreign tourists walk & tell Police Superintendent that they are here so please provide security?? Does he mean that basic physical security is optional and provided only to those who specially demand it??

So much for Incredible India campaign!!

Sent via Tapatalk from a galaxy far far away
some tourist visa requires you to registered with police on landing.

moreover the jungle ,tribal area they were in ,they had to take precautions

hope you know you have to register with police when u go far places in India

Example leh ,ladakh,nicobar islands etc etc

Sukerchakia

1. Who goes to MP ?
2. Who goes to interiors of MP ?
3. Who travels at night in the interiors of MP ?

Seriously.
Baii, that last question is the only one that should be asked. I have been to MP, its interiors during the Xmas and New Year break. MP is an undiscovered gem. And incidentally, I was around the same Orchha, Datia, Jhansi belt that these tourists were in.

But agreed, camping in the wilderness at night is a strict no no.

Blackwater

Baii, that last question is the only one that should be asked. I have been to MP, its interiors during the Xmas and New Year break. MP is an undiscovered gem. And incidentally, I was around the same Orchha, Datia, Jhansi belt that these tourists were in.

But agreed, camping in the wilderness at night is a strict no no
this is the point iam try to put,

those tourist were in tribal,junglee and bandit area,they should do their homework before going on such cycle trip

tramp

what a stupid comment by minister!

Which foreign tourists walk & tell police superintendent that they are here so please provide security?? Does he mean that basic physical security is optional and provided only to those who specially demand it??

So much for incredible india campaign!!

Sent via tapatalk from a galaxy far far away
Truely incredible, India!!
There should be a travel warning ... travelling at your own risk! As an added precaution carry some firearms with you!!

Last edited:

Blackwater

Truely incredible, India!!
There should be a travel warning ... travelling at your own risk! As an added precaution carry some firearms with you!!
Indian embassy do issue Do and don't while giving visas. they asked you to mention the places you are going to visit and advice you according to that.

instead of fire arm you can atleast carry a kinfe

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
some tourist visa requires you to registered with police on landing.

moreover the jungle ,tribal area they were in ,they had to take precautions

hope you know you have to register with police when u go far places in India

Example leh ,ladakh,nicobar islands etc etc
My question is did MP Govt put travel advisory to place where incident happened? If no then they have absolutely no face to blame tourists.

Blackwater

My question is did MP Govt put travel advisory to place where incident happened? If no then they have absolutely no face to blame tourists.
its common sense not to stay in tribal,bandit area during day ,forget the night

tramp

Indian embassy do issue Do and don't while giving visas. they asked you to mention the places you are going to visit and advice you according to that.

instead of fire arm you can atleast carry a kinfe
Knife is not enough to scare away a gang of four or five. but even a fake pistol will force these cowards to run with their tail tucked into their hind quarters.

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
its common sense not to stay in tribal,bandit area during day ,forget the night
You don't expect tourists to undertake demographic & social study of place before their visit. Blaming them is unwelcoming and minister has shot himself in foot. They should own up and start portal declaring Travel Rape Advisory. It is sending wrong message to world & will affect tourism industry.

Blackwater

You don't expect tourists to undertake demographic & social study of place before their visit. Blaming them is unwelcoming and minister has shot himself in foot. They should own up and start portal declaring Travel Rape Advisory. It is sending wrong message to world & will affect tourism industry.
yes sir ,its common practice among wise tourist all over the world to do homework of that place ,which u r going to visit.Especially when u r going to new and unknown places

also there are websites,which gives you idea and information of do''s and Dont''s of particular place. and people''s feedback,who have already visited that place before.

Reviews of Hotels, Flights and Vacation Rentals - TripAdvisor

http://the-travel-advisor.com/

though its an unfortunate incident but i still blame the tourist

Last edited:

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
yes sir ,its common practice among wise tourist to do homework of that place ,which u r going to visit.

also there are websites,which gives you idea and information of do''s and Dont''s of particular place. and people''s feedback,who have already visited that place before.

Reviews of Hotels, Flights and Vacation Rentals - TripAdvisor

though its an unfortunate incident but i still blame the tourist

No, it not mandatory unless Govt of visiting country is asking you to stay away. It is as simple as that.

Thanks to this argument of blaming tourists in absence of homework which host Government should do in first place, now most of the western countries have issued Rape Travel Advisory to its people traveling to India. We are the only country in South Asia with such shameful advisory. Tourists are our guests and we are blaming them instead of repairing our pathetic civilian protection practice.

Don't give me link to Tripadvisor, it is not owned by Indian Governments. And not everyone is visiting that site. Rather Indian Government & MP Govt should put big loud warning on their websites about possible rapes. They should put BIG SIGN BOARDS on streets warning tourists that enter on your own risk because we are a sick society so can not ensure your safety. Moreover put those boards on all International Airports.

Rape is the fastest growing crime in India right now. And if we are going to deal with it like what is happening right now then God Bless us all because instead of building safe, progressive society; we are running fast towards dark ages.

Blackwater

No, it not mandatory unless Govt of visiting country is asking you to stay away. It is as simple as that.

Thanks to this argument of blaming tourists in absence of homework which host Government should do in first place, now most of the western countries have issued Rape Travel Advisory to its people traveling to India. We are the only country in South Asia with such shameful advisory. Tourists are our guests and we are blaming them instead of repairing our pathetic civilian protection practice.

Don't give me link to Tripadvisor, it is not owned by Indian Governments. And not everyone is visiting that site. Rather Indian Government & MP Govt should put big loud warning on their websites about possible rapes. They should put BIG SIGN BOARDS on streets warning tourists that enter on your own risk because we are a sick society so can not ensure your safety. Moreover put those boards on all International Airports.

Rape is the fastest growing crime in India right now. And if we are going to deal with it like what is happening right now then God Bless us all because instead of building safe, progressive society; we are running fast towards dark ages.
This what you think,i never said its owned by Indian govt. but tourist around the world do see tripadvisor or similar websites for feedback,which will help them to make their trip easy.

i do agree rape can happen anywhere,not just jungle or tribal areas.

Blackwater

Knife is not enough to scare away a gang of four or five. but even a fake pistol will force these cowards to run with their tail tucked into their hind quarters.
true, but precautions at first place would save them from this unfortunate incident

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
This what you think,i never said its owned by Indian govt. but tourist around the world do see tripadvisor or similar websites for feedback,which will help them to make their trip easy.
Really? What is the penetration of that website?

Why not Govt issue Rape Advisory & declare Rapist Dominated Area ?

Blackwater

its fastest growing around world,it just its reported and get in news more in India.

in todays news papers alone , i saw several rape news in UK,USA,Brazil,Afrika

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles