Swapna Missile

republic_roi97

Country flag
:)... Actually it could be with what I've thought here at first place. Read the thread about HSDTV, Aura and others. But my concept is based more on FOBS with RLV type launcher which would use rocket boosters to propel itself to LEO. :)
That still will be technically a "smart UCAV". Something like that would be in general sense called as a reusable missile, but technically it won't be a missile. They might come up with some other term for it.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
DRDO working on re-usable missile project
Scientist Sudhir Kumar Mishra indicated that range of Brahmos cruise missile was set to be increased from its current 290 km to 1000 km.

BrahMos supersonic cruise missiles. (Photo: PTI)
Bhopal: Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) is currently working on a project to develop re-usable missiles which would return to its launch pad after hitting the enemy target, a DRDO scientist said.
CEO of Brahmos missile project Sudhir Kumar Mishra who was here to inaugurate science fair, told reporters that the boomerang missile project has been given the final shape and the organisation was awaiting a nod from the Centre for its take off.
The defence scientist also indicated that the range of Brahmos cruise missile was set to be increased from its current 290 km to 1000 km.

sthf

Country flag
I tried to find info about this missile but nothing much is available? There has been a trend of drdo making announcements long before they materialize. This might be a way to get more funding?
I think this is their way of saying, "Don't judge us by our present performance, judge us by our plans".

Mikesingh

Professional
Country flag
Why this silly name, 'Swapna' which means 'dream, sleep' in Sanskrit? WTF has dream sleep gotta do with a missile? Jeeez!

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Well former president Lt APJ Abdul Kalam had once mentioned something like this. He had conceptualized the idea based on mythical Sudarshan Chakra and dreamt of something like this which could be reused. May be the tabloid is making a story out of this thought and the very same reason why Sir Kalam's pic has been used. :)

But technically speaking its not something which can't be done, but it would be expensive as an weapon system.
I believe it is very much possible particularly in sub sonic missiles. but it is very difficult for super sonic and hyper sonic missile. I do not see that happening before 2 decades.

If any country has potential to do that, it is India.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles