Swamy files petition against Siddharth Varadarajan to Press registrar

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by sehwag1830, Jun 9, 2012.

1. sehwag1830

sehwag1830 Tihar Jail Banned

3. Raj30

Raj30 Senior Member Senior Member

Well placed persons in NDTV told me today that they cannot have TV debate on PC because no one from Congress wants to defend him!What a fall
    :rofl::laugh:

4. amitkriit

amitkriit Senior Member Senior Member

Western Governments are playing the same kind of cruel joke with every developing nation. They are injecting their people into our systems in the name of freedom, lliberty. Some white-wannabe Indian morons always fall into trap and do their bidding.

Dovah, A chauhan, maomao and 2 others like this.
  5. Singh

Singh Phat Cat Administrator

Tons of Indian magazines have foreign editors. I think Swamy is now fighting petty fights.

6. SPIEZ

SPIEZ Senior Member Senior Member

A small look at the property the Pee Che and his family amazed during the past few periods would make u look at Swamy as a crusader for the public.
    Within a very short period of time, he has entered the ophthalmology industry with 1500 branches in 1 India and 50 branches abroad.

BTW, wasn't it Pee Chee who created the distance between himself & Raji Gandiii

7. SLASH

SLASH Senior Member Senior Member

The Hindu is one of the leading newspaper in the country. Media can create and change perception of the masses about different things. Rules have been made for reasons.

8. panduranghari

panduranghari Senior Member Senior Member

9. Mad Indian

Mad Indian Proud Bigot Veteran Member Senior Member

Question, why was Sehwag banned. No reason was given even in the Banistan thread?:noidea:

10. panduranghari

panduranghari Senior Member Senior Member

What T.F. is a Banistan thread?

11. Predator

Predator Regular Member

ek swamy, sab par bhaari :cool:

vinod mehta who used to be editor of outlook magazine holds british citizenship

12. mayfair

mayfair Elite Member Elite Member

How the hell are these vermin able to make a living in India especially since we do not permit dual nationality? I doubt any of them hold OCI cards and even if they did, this facility was introduced only a few years ago, while they have been working here for a long time.

panduranghari likes this.
  13. Known_Unknown

Known_Unknown Devil's Advocate Stars and Ambassadors

14. Known_Unknown

Before OCI, there used to be PIO card. Only diference was that PIO cards were time limited for 10 years, whereas OCI is lifetime.

15. Predator

Predator Regular Member

before calling other morons educate yourself

as per rules foreigners cant edit indian newspapers. since he is a foreign national he is in violation of the law by being the editor of THE HINDU newspaper

16. Known_Unknown

Show me proof where it says foreigners can't edit newspapers. An OCI is treated at parity with an NRI, that is written on the OCI booklet itself. NRI's are Indian citizens living abroad. So as per my understanding, OCI's are not considered to be foreigners, but NRI's.

17. Predator

Predator Regular Member

You are confused, OCI is not full citizenship

We know Siddharath has american citizenship and since India forbids dual citizenship, he automatically loses his Indian nationality.

Indian nationality law - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Automatic termination of Indian citizenship
    On OCI

18. Known_Unknown

^^WTF are you talking about? Where did I say OCI was the same as "dual citizenship"?

You still have not provided proof of your claim that foreign citizens who are OCI holders cannot be editors of Indian newspapers.

19. mayfair

mayfair Elite Member Elite Member

My point is different. These folks have been working in India for a long time- VM since 1974. Before the PIO and OCI schemes were announced, I assume all foreign nationals including those of Indian origin needed (and probably still require) necessary work permits, visas etc. I am also certain that the Indian government has rules and regulations governing or restricting the access of these foreign citizens to sentitive locales, information and personnel.

However, both VM and SV seem to have an inside track with the highest echelons in the administration and have access to sensitive information that they have routinely published and hinted at in their writings. Isn't that against the law? How it it that they have been allowed to get away with this for so long?

20. Predator

Predator Regular Member

the deputy press registrar has pointed out the relevant act,read it

Registrar sends letter to The Hindu on editor's appointment

The deputy press registrar has shot a letter to Kasturi and Sons Ltd (KSL), the publisher of The Hindu, seeking clarification about the appointment of Siddharth Vardarajan, a US citizen, as the newspaper’s editor.

Varadarajan took over as the editor of The Hindu on January 19, 2012 after N Ram step down as the editor-in-chief of KSL’s publications which also include Frontline magazine and The Business Line .

In the letter dated May 17, a copy of which is available with Business Standard, Deputy Press Registrar Ratan Prakash said: "It’s informed that the editor of the newspaper, as mentioned in column No. 9 of the declaration submitted to RNI (Registrar Of Newspapers For India), Siddharth Vardarajan, is a US citizen and his address given is same as the address of the place of the publication, i.e. Kasturi Building, Anna Salai, Chennai.”

"As you are aware that as per Press and Registration of Books Act 1867, no person who does not ordinarily reside in India is permitted to edit a newspaper.
    Hence, in order to enable this office to take a view on the matter, it is requested that the residential status of Siddharth Vardarajan, with valid proof, may be furnished to us urgently," the letter said.

When contacted Vardarajan said: “This is a matter between the registrar and the publisher of The Hindu. So, I will not be able to comment.”

panduranghari, A chauhan and mayfair like this.
  21. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

Hell, Some feel I am a foreigner (in a certain manner of speaking) holding an Indian citizenship!

Proud to be an Indian.

Why is Vinod Mehta not proud to be a fake British?

I believe he is from my sister school!

Last edited: Jul 21, 2012