Suspended for chanting Hindu prayer: Teacher

Status
Not open for further replies.

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
Agreed. Now all I am saying is: This teacher should have talked to the people who are organizing this assembly saying, "Now, look I need a time slot too." Then the problem would have been solved.
i don't think so, if it is not christian institution, then no permission is needed. your argument is going back to post #34

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
It doesn't say examination hall. It says before the exams.
it doesn't say assembly or prayer hall either.

Dais (pronounced /ˈdeɪ.əs/ or /ˈdaɪ.əs/[1]) is any raised platform located either in or outside of a room or enclosure, often for dignified occupancy, as at the front of a lecture hall or sanctuary. so i assume it was an examination hall

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
Guys it is a waste of time discussing about this as some members are taking advantage and spreading religious hatred among the DFI members. I don't want to mention the names as we know who is raging up too much. I request the MODS to put an end to this thread as it is spreading religious hatred among DFI members.

RAY SIR PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD. :hail: :hail: :hail:

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
i don't think so, if it is not christian institution, then no permission is needed. your argument is going back to post #34
Oh boy. Oh boy. Oh boy. UTK. Please before we continue, answer this: Have you lived in India, and have you ever attended a school assembly.?

Random people do not come on the dais and say stuff. There is some discipline to be followed. Before an assembly, it is decided who will speak etc.

That is why I said his/her mistake was that s/he randomly appeared on the stage. Saying Hindu prayers was not wrong. S/he should have discipline whether s/he is Hindu Christian or whatever.

Last edited:

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
it doesn't say assembly or prayer hall either.

Dais (pronounced /ˈdeɪ.əs/ or /ˈdaɪ.əs/[1]) is any raised platform located either in or outside of a room or enclosure, often for dignified occupancy, as at the front of a lecture hall or sanctuary. so i assume it was an examination hall
Before the board exams students are assembled, did I not say that before. And you re wrong it is not an examination hall. I know that coz' I have been there.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
Guys it is a waste of time discussing about this as some members are taking advantage and spreading religious hatred among the DFI members. I don't want to mention the names as we know who is raging up too much. I request the MODS to put an end to this thread as it is spreading religious hatred among DFI members.

RAY SIR PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD. :hail: :hail: :hail:
I Agree with you, sir

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
no, it wasn't a christian school to begin with. or was it?

i agree.

i agree.

i have to agree to disagree, but it wasn't christian school. - correct me if i am wrong

yes, that's because i interfered. i have seen many of your post which ends up preaching whenever u bring the topic called "trinity".
That is the fun of the whole thing. None knows if it is a Christian school. Except someone who wrote he studied there and sang All things Bright and Beautiful and that it had no reference to any God.

I merely gave my view to his post.

If it is not a Christian school, I find it amusing that there is such a hullabaloo over which religions prayer should be said and which religions hymns are to be sung.

I alluded to the Trinity is because 'Lord God' would mean Jesus - a human being!

No, hymns are not sung to any human being. It is sung to God. In the Christian faith, God is the Trinity - Son and the Father and the Holy Ghost (or Spirit). It is an ethereal abstract!

Last edited:

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
Random people do not come on the dais and say stuff. There is some discipline to be followed. Before an assembly, it is decided who will speak etc.

so now you believe what Principal P. C. Selvarani is saying for her defense :dude:

if this is not christian institution then there is no reason to suspend the teacher for chanting hindu prayer and treating other teacher like an angel who rudely turned off mic .. so :tape:

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
That is the fun of the whole thing. is that none knows if it is a Christian school.
if it was christian school, there would be lot's of backing by missionaries i think.

In the Christian faith, God is the Trinity - Son and the Father and the Holy Ghost (or Spirit). It is an ethereal abstract!
that's why i warned you about preaching. i never showed any interest or asked for your definition about trinity. if u wanna discuss trinity then we need a whole new thread,

plugwater

Suspending teacher is too much, a warning should have been more suitable punishment.

Having said that that teacher must have informed the principal about what she is going to do. It could have avoided the whole controversy.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Closed as directed!

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
if it was christian school, there would be lot's of backing by missionaries i think.

that's why i warned you about preaching. i never showed any interest or asked for your definition about trinity. if u wanna discuss trinity then we need a whole new thread,
I do not preach.

I educate with the facts.

I merely clarified what is Lord God and what is Trinity since someone said that the hymn All things Bright and Beautiful had no reference to God. It has, is what I was explaining. It has Lord God and that is God in the Christian Faith and Lord God is not a human being i.e. Jesus, but a reference to the Trinity and hence it was a hymn in Christian spirit! Hence, a Christian hymn!

That is no preaching, but putting the facts on the table.

To me, specific religions have no meaning!

We do not have the time, energy or inclination, in this modern world, to realise what are the interpretations and symbolism of each religious statement of each religion.

We merely discuss on hearsay!

Last edited:

Mr.Ryu

Country flag
A chemistry teacher of SBOA School and Junior College in Anna Nagar West was suspended last week for 'manhandling and misbehaviour', but the teacher claimed that she was punished for reciting a Hindu prayer to students of Class XII .

On March 13, as the students were gearing up for their examination, teachers were about to recite their routine prayer. "Since the usual group of teachers pray before every examination, I volunteered this time. I said a prayer invoking the blessings of Hindu, Christian and Muslim Gods," said the teacher, P. Abirami.

Even as Ms. Abirami was reciting the prayer, some of the other teachers allegedly turned off the microphone. "If they had an issue with my prayer, they could have called me aside and spoken to me rather than behaving rudely in front of students," she said. "I did not give up but continued to say the prayers even more fervently," she added.

Students on Wednesday said it was unusual for teachers to behave in this way. "Usually a Christian prayer is said before we write examinations. But last week a teacher said some Hindu mantras and the other teachers tried to stop her by turning off the microphone," said a student.

Principal P. C. Selvarani, said that disciplinary action was taken against the teacher for behaving in an inappropriate manner . "The teacher does not handle Class XII and was on paper-correction duty that day. In spite of this, she came to up the dais, grabbed the mike and started speaking," she said. "It was against the code of conduct. She just intervened.," she said.

This sparked off protests by the BJP, VHP and the Hindu Munnani. Their activists staged a protest outside the school on Wednesday, following which 60 people were arrested and later released.

Source

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles