Surya ICBM

IF SURYA PROJECT SUCCEDS WILL IT DECREASE CHINESE AGGRESSION

• Total voters

Rahul92

but i have heard that NASA will fund on Isro's moon project

Neil

Country flag
dude...NASA cant fund its own moon missions....there are big budget cuts for it....how will it fund ISRO....??

shuvo@y2k10

Country flag
@yusuf - what i meant was a strong nation must be ready for any military outcome. america cannot be trusted like russia.i compared india and iraq not on gdp but based on what should be our military response of if any strong foreign nation(like america) attacks us. of course that is a remote possibility but our armed forces must be prepared for any military eventualities

Last edited:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
The US will not attack for a variety of reasons. economic, military, strategic.
The US is going to be more involved with india in a great partnership. They need india as india rises. India is not a challenge to them like china is.
Also the US cannot attack india as it does not have money foe what would be a very costly war. India is a lot more powerful than any of the nations it has waged war in the recent past.

Above all, what can be the motive? US has more reasons to go to war with china and none against india.

keshtopatel

The US will not attack for a variety of reasons. economic, military, strategic.
The US is going to be more involved with india in a great partnership. They need india as india rises. India is not a challenge to them like china is.
Also the US cannot attack india as it does not have money foe what would be a very costly war. India is a lot more powerful than any of the nations it has waged war in the recent past.

Above all, what can be the motive? US has more reasons to go to war with china and none against india.
Any nation which knows the massive retaliation power of its adversary, will not take such a step, US included! Korea del Norte is still untouched, they (SK and US) dont dare to attack a smaller nation despite actual provocation by NK (SK ship attacked). Pentagon knows that an unpredictable eternal president of NK Kim II sung can retaliate with nukes and long range missiles, that, in turn would translate into annihilation of 100,000 US troops on SK soil. In other words US presidency would be lost with such a massive number of deaths, and he could be impeached.

Iraq was shock and awed having no nuke fangs - a sitting duck! Even then the US was cautious and brought some allies with it.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
For the same reason the US though it talks about military action against iran is really wary of doing so as it will put in danger its troops in the mid east.

keshtopatel

For the same reason the US though it talks about military action against iran is really wary of doing so as it will put in danger its troops in the mid east.
100% with you!

BUT.....

Here is another angle to it - Israel.

US wants to punish Iran, its given because sanctions dont work. But Israel, for whom its the existence issue, because it is one bomb country, and since Iran has woved to destroy it from the map, Israel is bound to strike a la Osirak. Its submarines are prowling in st of hormuz as I write this post. Saudis have agreed to close thier eyes, in case of over flights over its territory - its all set.

US would help Israel covertly!

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Its a cat and mouse game there to see who blinks first. At the moment the iranians have their eyes wide open.
Coming to the topic, I am yet to find a reason why india would be attacked by the US 10-15 years timeline.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
maybe a person like hitler comes to power and desires world domination.

yes i know its unlikely to happen. but what im saying is that after ww1 no one thought there would be a war like it again. But only after few years they had ww2 which was twice as big as ww1.

keshtopatel

Its a cat and mouse game there to see who blinks first. At the moment the iranians have their eyes wide open.
Coming to the topic, I am yet to find a reason why india would be attacked by the US 10-15 years timeline.

Okey here we go on this:

USA has been trying to maintain the parity between India and Pak - there is enough material evidence that US has supplied Pakistan with lethal weapons which were used against nobody but Indians, even now they are doing the same since 60 years with Harpoons, TOW, F-16 and so on why?

It would be stupid to decimate Talibanis with Anti Ship Harpoon Missiles.

While on the other hand India´s sea king fleet of 6 hellos were lying dormant due to lack of spares, and they refused spares, vieled threats (read diplomatic) of pressure against "Bajpaies aar par ki ladai" are well known, so are arm twisting messages not to go for 10,000 range suriya, No one in indian admins and defence industries, our scientists included, speak about Surya, kind of U turn, yani ke sanp sung gaya, all tell tale sign that US wants to bully India.....there is much more into it......fiji coup against Indian PM mahendra was hatched by CIA, when India asked US help on IC 184 Hijacked airliner, when it was in UAE, they did not cooperate.......When there was bombay bomb blast, according to B Raman, they sent material evidence of battery used in the blast which was made in the USA for forensic evidence, FBI sent back the unsigned letter saying they dont know, and they did not return the specimen, saying it was lost in the process. There are other instances of India being coerced through russia, on cryogenic engines and many more......I am just writing out of my head with no material back-up.

US knows how to bend the BENDABLES, thats the key here........AND INDIA THROWS THE TOWEL EVERY TIME......Anderson (Bhopal butcher) got away why?

They got our RAW spy Rvinder singh, while when there citizen was implicated in blast in Panvel, they wanted India to see that he is departed ( he was doing missionary work in contravention to his visa status).........and that happened!

There are lots of lashings for Indians from USA.....

Last edited:

keshtopatel

maybe a person like hitler comes to power and desires world domination.

yes i know its unlikely to happen. but what im saying is that after ww1 no one thought there would be a war like it again. But only after few years they had ww2 which was twice as big as ww1.

Gone are those heydays, now you are living in a 21 century with refined minded folks, sophisticated, scientific, rational - less likely to fail such way, despite megaton nuke punch - something that was absent at that time (hope you got the unwritten message) Its MAD theory - still working, nobody wants mass annihilation and mutual destruction (mother earth included). Period.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Gone are those heydays, now you are living in a 21 century with refined minded folks, sophisticated, scientific, rational - less likely to fail such way, despite megaton nuke punch - something that was absent at that time (hope you got the unwritten message) Its MAD theory - still working, nobody wants mass annihilation and mutual destruction (mother earth included). Period.
MAD will only come into play regarding us and usa when we have icbm which can target them.

How will mad be a deterrent when they can strike us and we cant strike them ?

keshtopatel

MAD will only come into play regarding us and usa when we have icbm which can target them.

How will mad be a deterrent when they can strike us and we cant strike them ?

Our A5 reaches NATO headquarter in europe, US knows India has material for apx 200 warheads, they dont know our actual deployed warheads though, but why would they take a chance on such a peaceful nation which does not come into thier (international power matrix) midst. And in 5 years, nuke delivery equation will change with Arihant and other follow ups..........Neccesity is the mother of invention, when there was USS Enterprise during 1971 threatening India with nukes to ward off India against Pakistan, our only option was kamikaze attack a la pearl harbour...

In December 1971 during the Indo-Pakistani War of 1971, Enterprise was deployed to the Bay of Bengal as a show of strength against India's naval blockade by INS Vikrant. A Soviet Navy submarine was also trailing the US task force. A confrontation was averted when the Americans moved towards South East Asia, away from the Indian Ocean
The commodore who wrote the book said that if i asked for such a suicidal kamikaze attack on 7th fleet, there was no dearth of indian pilots, everybody would have raised thier hands.....its a book, I forgot the name.......but now its different with precision cruise missiles a la Brahmos, which can punch a gaping hole in any carrier and make it sink.

Its a deterence game!

sandeepdg

There is no need for the Surya for atleast another 20 years, as Civfanatic put it !! I think the Agni-5 takes care of mall our security concerns in the foreseeable future. And let me remind you folks, that just because the Chinese have 10000 kms+ ICBMs, doesn't mean we also need one. The Chinese have different security concerns and our are different. We would do well to develop the Agni-5 with a range of 5000-6000 kms and concentrate on a submarine launched version of the Agni as well as a long range nuke capable cruise missile that can launched from all platforms. Those, I believe will take care of most of our security concerns for at least the next 10-15years or so.

sandeepdg

Dude, a day will come when we will be funding NASA's missions by doing their work using our resources !!

How can a blick listed Isro (by US) be funded by US, even though the sanctions are still in place!
We don't need NASA's funding for our space projects anyway !! We never did and we never will ! We can manage very well on our own.

Last edited:

Rahul92

India is not running that high for ambitious projects

keshtopatel

India is not running that high for ambitious projects
India on the other hand does not beg the NASA to fund it, moreover, the logic stands tall - ISRO is blacklisted by USA, hence no US funding as said earlier........During Tsunami, India did accomplish on its own, never begged for funds!

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
I think we must have the ability to hit the northern corner of China from the southern corner of India, which is about 6 to 7000 kms, and that's all for now. Certainly not now but in the future we will need Surya ICBM, because we are developing our own weaponry and development brings strategic partners as well as enemies.

neo29

India must learn from History that during a World War, any country can become hostile. Distant countries having no hostile relation may also end up fighting. Keeping that in mind we must continue Surya program full fledged.

Its not that India must have intention to strike anywhere in the world, but surely we must have the ability.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles