Surveillance and Target Acquisition Equipments

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter

Few of latest developments ..

I've rarely saw such a variety of indigenous Radars and surveillance equipments as in service with Indian Forces. Other maybe Iseali forces.

This is one field where DRDO have more than delivered in recent times. That also explain the reason why our Intel network is so strong in Kashmir.

There are Rumors in Kashmir valley that India is spying each and every Kashmiri via their Smart phones or even Apps because 100 of security forces gather within minutes out of nowhere at a site where Terrorists take refuge.

Don't know how true is this ?

Last edited:

charlie

Country flag
I've rarely saw such a variety of indigenous Radars and surveillance equipments as in service with Indian Forces. Other maybe Iseali forces.

This is one field where DRDO have more than delivered in recent times. That also explain the reason why our Intel network is so strong in Kashmir.

There are Rumors in Kashmir valley that India is spying each and every Kashmiri via their Smart phones or even Apps because 100 of security forces gather within minutes out of nowhere at a site where Terrorists take refuge.

Don't know how true is this ?
surveillance of mobile network is not sophisicated all you need to have is the modulation of frequency

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stingray_phone_tracker

https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/...a-stingray-cell-phone-surveillance-tool-costs

I think in India we might use the same system as Harris has presence in India, We use their EDACS multisite system for mumbai police and army also uses their equipment as well.

Problem is app like what's app which is encryped now. I didn't read what kind of encryption they use but as long as they have servers in india we can make them comply with indian regulation and get access to it.

charlie

Country flag

Atuyla - Targ Acq Sys for AA guns

QR SAM Targ Acq Sys
we just need ATULYA and SR SAM then DRDO can make kamorta class completely indigenous.

Aurdhra seems like compitetor for GM 400/200 but Aurdhra is 4d so it will be kind of an upgrade and it also has a scale down version as GM200.

I don't know there were reports few years back that india is thinking of buying 20 GM400, I don't know how much it materialized.

Last edited:

scatterStorm

Country flag
That was trackwhack, and for God's sake don't give him any ideas! He can strafe my boat from where he is :lol:

Even worse, the machine gun is exactly what he needs to solve his CG problem :shocked:
He is one wicked fella, he get's what he want's only to be later destroyed. LOL

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador

Naval Missile Defense Radar (NMDR) is a Multi Function Active phased array Radar with Solid state Transceiver for Naval applications. The Radar provides the 3 dimensions of the target of interest along with Doppler of the target in tactical scenarios.

NMDR employs on receive multi-beam in elevation with mono pulse in both azimuth and elevation, Digital Pulse compression, Pulse Doppler and many Advanced and contemporary Technologies, with very elegant and modular architecture. These technologies enable detection of very low RCS missile targets from complex land and sea clutter and jamming environment.

NMDR has very light weight antenna and can be easily accommodate on wheeled vehicles and small ships.

Source : http://bel-india.com/Products.aspx?MId=13&LId=1&link=69

====================

@Shaitan

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador

L&T’s ADFCR is a state-of-the-art, mobile, compact and user-friendly system that controls firing from two AD guns. It comprises a C-band 3-D search radar, an X-band tracking radar, an EO System, C2 System and an integral cooling system & power supply. It can be used for detection and tracking of both aerial and sea targets. It has simulator for gun and target for operator training.

Source : http://www.larsentoubro.com/heavy-e...ems-for-radar/air-defence-fire-control-radar/

we just need ATULYA and SR SAM then DRDO can make kamorta class completely indigenous.

Aurdhra seems like compitetor for GM 400/200 but Aurdhra is 4d so it will be kind of an upgrade and it also has a scale down version as GM200.

I don't know there were reports few years back that india is thinking of buying 20 GM400, I don't know how much it materialized.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador

Ground Penetrating Radars
L&T has designed and developed a state-of-the-art ground penetrating radar. This system is extremely compact and can be engineered to fit either ahead of vehicles/tanks or can be towed. The system can detect metal and non-metal objects up to a depth of 4M in all types of soil conditions and snow. The system utilises high-end algorithms enabling the user to see the image of the object and also provide 3D positioning of the object.

Dual Technology Mine Detector
DTMD (Dual Technology Mine Detector) is a hand-held sensor system combining a conventional metal detector of high sensitivity and a Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR) for detection of buried landmines. The equipment has been specially developed by Larsen & Toubro for military applications as well as for humanitarian de-mining operations. The conventional metal detector provides audio alarms on presence of metallic objects. The Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR) has been integrated with the metal detector for detection of non-metallic mines which are increasingly being deployed currently to avoid detection. The equipment is designed to provide audio and video indications on presence of both metallic and non-metallic mines in different types of soil with very low probability of false alarms.

Source : http://www.larsentoubro.com/heavy-e...es/defence-aerospace/systems-for-radar/radar/

charlie

Country flag

L&T’s ADFCR is a state-of-the-art, mobile, compact and user-friendly system that controls firing from two AD guns. It comprises a C-band 3-D search radar, an X-band tracking radar, an EO System, C2 System and an integral cooling system & power supply. It can be used for detection and tracking of both aerial and sea targets. It has simulator for gun and target for operator training.

Source : http://www.larsentoubro.com/heavy-e...ems-for-radar/air-defence-fire-control-radar/
The antenna system looks completely different then any fire control radar i have seen, i think it will replace 3D-CAR that's in kamotra class or on OPV's rather then EL/M-2221.

Shaitan

Zandu Balm all day
Mod
Country flag

BEL AESA-based BFSR

Data Patterns-developed PAR using AESA Arrays

SAR payload foe TAPAS MALE

TAPAS, Aerostat Long Range Pod By IRDE-DRDO, produced by VEM Tech Pvt Ltd

Shaitan

Zandu Balm all day
Mod
Country flag