Surge in Rich Chinese Who 'Invest' in U.S. Citizenship.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
This has nothing to do with loyalty, everyone has the right to pursue a better life. No one could deny that life is better in America if you are rich.
I accept that view.

But could you give reasons as to why?

China, for capitalists, is doing better than most!

Rich people moving out is not what is 'brain drain' as someone has commented!

Last edited:

Defcon 1

Country flag
I accept that view.

yes, it is not brain drain....it is wealth drain, but it is basically the same phenomenon........

well educated people move out from india for better living....well to do people move out of china for better living, what is the difference???

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
yes, it is not brain drain....it is wealth drain, but it is basically the same phenomenon........

well educated people move out from india for better living....well to do people move out of china for better living, what is the difference???
I wonder if brain and wealth can be equated.

nimo_cn

Country flag
I accept that view.

Being capitalists, China only makes people rich, but fails to make the life easy for people. Whether you are rich or poor, the pressure is still intense. Everything is tranforming so fast, everyone is afraid to be left behind. I guess living in a country like USA where everything seems to have settled down could be much comfortable.

Plus, in the aspect of education, medical service, food safety, environment, etc, America is doing much much better than China,all of these make moving to America a good choice.

And I almost forget, Democracy, I believe that is the answer you are waiting for. However, my understanding on this is few Chinese move to America for the right to vote. In fact democracy is just the desert for Chinese, a better life in America is the main course.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
And I almost forget, Democracy, I believe that is the answer you are waiting for. However, my understanding on this is few Chinese move to America for the right to vote. In fact democracy is just the desert for Chinese, a better life in America is the main course.
Democracy is for those who understand what it is.

I do not expect the Chinese to understand it and because of that they migrate to the US.

I do understand that to the Chinese MONEY is GOD. I have experienced this phenomenon in non China areas where the Chinese hold the sway! Great hustlers!

Forgive me for saying it, I think it is very SELFISH a feeling and totally contrary to what the Great Helmsman Mao was aiming at.

But then Mao failed to understand the Chinese greed for MONEY and selfishness!

China, today, has enough scope to make money. But then China still demands some social responsibility too! Is that a wrong thing that rich Chinese should contribute to?

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
fine sir......i am wrong....u are right, happy??
No.

I am not happy unless you present facts to show I am wrong.

I know of many Indians who are in the US not for money, but because there is independence for their creativity to flourish!

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
This is old news. There is no doubt that the US is still the land of opportunities. So long as people around the World continue to dream of going to America to catch part of American the dream then America will be okay. It is on this constant infusion of new minds and hardworking souls (note that the US strictly screens those who will get their visas) that will keep the American engine going.

nimo_cn

Country flag
Democracy is for those who understand what it is.

I do not expect the Chinese to understand it and because of that they migrate to the US.

I do understand that to the Chinese MONEY is GOD. I have experienced this phenomenon in non China areas where the Chinese hold the sway! Great hustlers!

Forgive me for saying it, I think it is very SELFISH a feeling and totally contrary to what the Great Helmsman Mao was aiming at.

But then Mao failed to understand the Chinese greed for MONEY and selfishness!

China, today, has enough scope to make money. But then China still demands some social responsibility too! Is that a wrong thing that rich Chinese should contribute to?
Well, if pursuing a better life is selfishness. Tell me what it makes those Indians who move to America.

They must understand democracy, right? Breathing in the fresh air of Indian democracy everyday doesn't stop them from abandoning India for a rich America, does it?

It is an honorable thing for people move out of democratic India, but it is a shameless thing for people to leave a totalitarian China, this is what you have been implying, aren't you?

And telll me where I mentioned MONEY in my post.

nimo_cn

Country flag
No.

I know of many Indians who are in the US not for money, but because there is independence for their creativity to flourish!
That is rich, isn't it?

Chinese are moving to US for money, while Indians are moving to US for INDEPENDENCE AND CREATIVITY, that comparison really makes Chinese, well I really don't know to put it.

The funny thing is aren't independence and creativity of India something you people have been boasting about on this forum. In order to defend Indian migration, you suddenly give that up?

Defcon 1

Country flag
No.

the reason that indians give for leaving their country is irrelavant, as long as they are leaving india to live in US, they are no different from wealthy chinese who also a want a better life......there is no difference.....

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles