Super Power Race : INDIA & CHINA.

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by ppgj, Jan 23, 2010.

1. ppgj

ppgj Senior Member Senior Member

www.outlookindia.com | Do The Adagio

3. amoy

amoy Senior Member Senior Member

This being not an Indian original write-up iIt's always enlightening to see foreign views on Sino-Ind imbroglio.

Why is the rise of both described as a 'super power RACE' while the world stage is assumably big enough to accomodate 2 emerging powers (definitely not a zero-sum game) while it's believed that'll be a multipollar age impending?

“Hide your brightness and nourish obscurity,” -- this translation looks lovely literally 'keep a low profile' resulting from the perception that the established powers would attempt to slow down any catch-up by all means.

India’s rise is viewed by all but its closest neighbours in a broadly positive light—as the potential counter-balance to China, but also as a relatively benign power in its own right. ------------->> Will those who're already up the ladder i.e. the West, genuinely welcome a new member into the club of 'super power', despite being a 'counter balance' for the time being? Evolvement of the US's pragmatic ties with India and Pakistan speaks for itself in the balancing tricks - another counter balance for counter balance (tongue twisting).

Viewed from afar, the two are seen as having fundamentally different characters: China as difficult to decode; India as relatively simple to read.
    -------->> I feel India is not that simple.

to study China and better understand it—and vice versa ---->> ya that's it!

4. qilaotou

qilaotou Regular Member

The majority of masses of the two countries might get along very well: they don't know much of each other nor hate each other. The problem is with the "pro-bramin" mentality of Indian elite class: they think that India deserves better than China by default. After several months being in this forum I don't recall having read anything positive or constructive about relation between China and India. I am now more pessimistic about that anything good would ever happen between the two.

5. LETHALFORCE

LETHALFORCE Moderator Moderator

Pro brahmin mentality of the elite class?? do you know what you are saying at all in this statement? Brahmin is a caste that is mostly involved in Teaching and prayers and rituals and religious activity. I know you picked this up in a pakistani forum but it is one of the most ignorant if not the most ignorant statement made on this forum.

6. Singh

Singh Phat Cat Administrator

You should read works by some of the Indians like Parag Khanna on Sino-Indian affairs, they are convinced that China will be the biggest superpower and India will be a big power.

Anyways coming to you assertion of a multi-polar world, it is not certain that the world will be multi-polar.

In fact there is a good chance that on certain subjects Indian and Chinese govt will co-operate heavily and in certain areas daggers will be drawn. So it could be a fluid polar world, where on certain topics Asian camps will win and on certain topics the Westerners will be more powerful.

The Indian masses don't wish to subjugate the world. We believe in karma.
    I sincerely believe Indian masses will be willing to let go off trillions but not their freedoms.

7. Singh

Singh Phat Cat Administrator

India elite and pro-brahmin ? you messed up the demographics. You are on a defence forum, try a trade forum there will be love all around.

As I have said the Indian govt and Chinese govt will co-operate in some fields and oppose each other in others. However the Indian people view Chinese people favorably but are skeptical of the Chinese govt and its intentions.