Pakistani Space Program news & updates

Navnit Kundu

Pika Hu Akbarrr!!

Pakistan opts out of SAARC satellite plan
At the SAARC summit in Kathmandu, Modi had announced India’s decision to develop the satellite to benefit all member countries in different fields including telecommunication and telemedicine.
BY: EXPRESS NEWS SERVICE | NEW DELHI |PUBLISHED ON:MARCH 23, 2016 4:03 AM
Pakistan has “decided to opt out” of the ambitious SAARC satellite project which was proposed in November 2014 by Prime Minister Narendra Modi for all member countries of the regional grouping.

At the SAARC summit in Kathmandu, Modi had announced India’s decision to develop the satellite to benefit all member countries in different fields including telecommunication and telemedicine.
Related

On Tuesday, MEA spokesperson Vikas Swarup said: “Pakistan has decided to opt out of the satellite project. So it cannot be called a SAARC satellite. It will be a South Asia satellite.”

Pakistan is learnt to have expressed reservations over the safety of its space programme data. This was conveyed to India during the SAARC meeting in Pokhara this month.
@Navnit Kundu @Gessler @Illusive @sorcerer @Superdefender
Good for us, no need to include them in any meaningful multilateral program of substance. Let their stature be reduced just a non-participating honorary member in the SAARC alliance. Multilateral programs are a way to save money, these satellites could have helped predict bad weather, and enhanced the lives of many farmers, fishermen and commoners alike. If Pakis think they are rich enough to have their own space program, then let them have it. Already their nuclear program is putting a strain on their budget management, they are buying more planes and naval equipment, now this space program, everything paid for by mortgaging sovereign territory from Baltistan and Balochistan. In a few years they wont have anything left to sell and collapse like Soviet Union.

They can't even get rid of polio and they want Star Wars technology.

Navnit Kundu

Pika Hu Akbarrr!!
Well what can be said about a nation which inferior at its core finding hard to accept inferiority at face which is nothing but plain straight truth.
They rely on Turkey as a silent partner to supply a lot of critical tech to them. Turkey is a full NATO member and get's ToT on critical defense and space technology which I am sure it passes on to Pakistan with the blessings of US. Turkey will provide technology, Saudi Arabia will fund it in exchanges for starting more madrassas in Pakistan, problem solved.

Rahul Singh

Country flag
^^^ That's sad truth of our tall fair racially superior neighbors. They would do anything to pull a face against us.

Gessler

Country flag
PakSat-1R (or PakSat-1 Replacement) is an advanced geosynchronous and communications satellite that is manufactured and operated by the Space and Upper Atmosphere Research Commission (Suparco)
No, PakSat-1R is manufactured by China Great Wall Industries Corp. (CGWIC) and it's based on their DFH-4 satellite bus design.

Whatever made Pak media think their SUPARCO can manufacture geosynchronous satellites!! :bplease:

Dazzler

Pakistan can make even satellite? That will be real joke. They have no technology to make electronics.

But if you go through comment sections, pakis will be thumping their chests saying that they manufacture entire spacecraft and only launching is hired.
Simply, made my day. :rofl:
Search Badr-1 and Badr-B and you will find plenty of info with images..

http://www.suparco.gov.pk/pages/badrb.asp

http://www.suparco.gov.pk/pages/badr1.asp?badr1linksid=1

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Badr-B

Illusive

Country flag
The need to match India's military has drained all the resources towards their military. Education and research culture is lacking and the best minds leave the country for greener pastures.

Even if there was funding, they couldn't have gotten too far. Launching satellites is no cakewalk, it takes a lot of time and money to perfect a launch system, ask south korea.

LordOfTheUnderworlds

Country flag
Don't provoke Pakistanis too much, quietly take advantage. Sometimes they get an attack of ghairat and smuggle some second rate stuff from somewhere. Then we get a new security headache and one more excuse for pacifist Indians to not start war.

LordOfTheUnderworlds

Country flag
Question is that how long they can drag it.
They tried their best but now lagging behind.
Even weakening in nukes.
They can drag it as long as Pakistan exists, and Pakistan is not going to vanish on its own just because they blast each others or eat grass or each other's children. We can keep making fun of them within our home with false sense of security, but they will not stop being mortal danger whether they are rich or poor, stable or unstable. That is their nature. They need only one moment of weakness and they will wait for it forever and keep doing what is their nature.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
SUPARCO, CGWIC sign contract for developing PRSS-01 project

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan Space and Upper Atmosphere Research Commission (SUPARCO) and China Great Wall Industry Corporation (CGWIC) on Wednesday signed a contract for development of 'Pakistan Remote Satellite Sensing (PRSS-01)' project in order to promote space surveillance and monitoring.
Minister for Planning Development and Reforms, Ahsan Iqbal and President CGWIC of China to Pakistan signed the contract on behalf of their respective countries.
Addressing the ceremony, the minister said PRSS-01 project was testimony of the claim of both the countries that their friendship was higher than the Himalayas.
The minister said that space technology was a fundamental tool for socio-economic development in current period as it help for urban planning and infrastructure development of a country.
The PRSS-01 project would also help in dealing with disasters like floods, earthquakes and agriculture development of the country.
The space technology, he said was also critical for future planning, forestry, urban planning and boarder surveillance.
The PRSS-01 projects would also help in technology transfer and innovations besides promoting space sciences for socio-economic development of the country.
Ahsan Iqbal said the space project, having multiple applications, would be launched in June 2018 by China and its two control rooms and data bank would also be established in Pakistan.
This is another flagship programme of China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPECP) which would further enhance the connectivity and provide greater benefits for the two countries, he added.
The minister said he has also suggested for taking a Pakistani astronaut in Chines space station in order to share knowledge and expertise of their space sciences.
He said the project would be equally beneficial for both countries in mitigating the natural disasters and climate change issues.
Speaking on the occasion, official of the CGWIC said the project would further strengthen the space cooperation of the both countries.
He said due to this initiative, the space industry of both the countries would further develope and bring positive impact on policy-making and planning.
Copyright APP (Associated Press of Pakistan), 2016

Rahul Singh

Country flag
^^^^ SUPARKO is a billion dollar funded space agency working on highly sensitive super secretive star war tech. Hence no updates to find in pubic domain. That unlike ISRO which can't get pass low tech space projects like sending satellites and probes to moon and mars.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
INDIAN SPACE ODYSSEY
By
AHSAN ALI ZAHID
credit: Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO)
Authors: Ahsan Ali Zahid & Hasan Ehtisham
Amid the Panama leaks, Pakistan's Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif came up with an idea of addressing ‘Jalsas’ (rallies) in the whole country. Starting from KPK province, he is offering double numbers of laptops and millions of rupees for development projects to save his seat from tax payers’ money.
While the leader of opposition party, Imran Khan has a dream of becoming Prime Minister with no prior experience of running a government is asking us for ‘Dharnas’ and this time in Raiwind, Lahore.
Whereas, the COAS General Raheel Sharif initiated the idea of across the board accountability and sacked twelve army officers over corruption. Several actors again analyzed this situation as a clash between civil and military policies.
Well isn’t that a story!
Allow us to tell you another story from the neighboring Eastern border country, India. On April 28, 2016 Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) has launched seventh and final satellite to complete its own (Indian) Regional Navigation Satellite System (IRNSS) which will be called NAVIC (Navigation with Indian Constellation) as announced by their Premier Narendra Modi.
It all started when Indian army failed in monitoring Pakistani troops and denial of the U.S. to give access of its GPS system to India during Kargil War. Though recently senior fellow at Institute for Defence Studies and Analyses (IDSA), Ajey Lele has denied this Kargil story by saying there is no official confirmation.
However, several Indian newspapers second this fact that the main objective was military use and chief beneficiary of this system is the Indian military. The total cost of the project was US $ 211 million and will provide accurate information regarding surveillance, reconnaissance, imaging, navigation and communications in India as well as from the extended area of 1500 km in the region.
This system will offer two types of services, Standard Positioning Service (SPS) for civilian users and Restricted Service (RS), which is an encrypted service for military and agencies. Along with NAVIC, India is already working on fourth generation GSAT dedicated military communication satellites.
In this respect, ISRO successfully launched GSAT-6 in August 2015 which transmits five spot beams over the Indian mainland with help of a very exceptional huge antennae. In modern network centric warfare a large antennae will assist Indian strategic forces to communicate with each other on a secure band.
Similarly, India’s GSAT-7 satellite successfully launched in August 2013 that will assist Indian Navy to enhance its blue water combat skills. Surely, it is imposing security challenges for Pakistan while strengthening the Indian battlefield strategy, robust system for location identification and navigational support will be strengthened.
It will connect all three domains that are sea based assets (warships, nuclear submarines and air craft carries), land based assets (troops formation, conventional war tech, ballistic and cruise missiles) and air force assets (combat aircrafts).
Besides, Indian surveillance capabilities with better than 20 m eye will then be able to get accurate information on Pakistani territory, its China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC), logistics, sensitive naval, air force, military installations and deployment, etc.
Pakistan established its space program eight years earlier than the Indian space organization, but SUPARCO is now nowhere near to ISRO. It is so obvious that Pakistan governments’ priorities are off the beam in term of emphasis on space technology. Today Indian department of space has budget of round about 1 billion dollars whereas SUPARCO size in terms of monetary funds is 30.6 million dollars. India signed a framework agreement with NASA for future cooperation in 2008 and recently in 2016 inked agreements for launching satellites from UK and Singapore.
The Indian Defence Ministry has already hinted that space warfare is a priority area till 2025 under “Technology Perspective and Capability Roadmap”. Its aims to assure key technology requirements of Indian Armed Forces and integrated warfare by reducing the risk in the battlefield with the capable system of delivering information on real time basis.
Anybody knew about this development before on DFI? o_O
@LETHALFORCE @Sakal Gharelu Ustad @sayareakd @pmaitra
Pakistan should also explore such avenues to create a platform that SUPARCO can also deliver indigenous navigational satellite system. For instance, we developed the tactical nuclear weapons (TNWs) to successfully counter the so called proactive strategy of Indian Cold Start Doctrine (CSD). We are proud of our scientists and engineers yet the decision of its deployment and use is reserved with the National Command Authority.
By this mean, we will get an alternative way of shadowing Indian military strategy, troops and assets deployment in case of CSD is implemented and we can also assure effective maneuverability to deploy TNWs, ballistic and cruise missiles. Considerably the civil uses and benefits of the navigational system are huge which will also improve our disaster management expertise.
Even though, our fragile economy is main hurdle in the way of social and technological development. Still the government, opposition and military establishments must plan to allocate appropriate budget for the employment of advance technology is the need of time.
Tagged under

pmaitra

Anybody knew about this development before on DFI? o_O
@LETHALFORCE @Sakal Gharelu Ustad @sayareakd @pmaitra
I was not aware that the US denied India the use of its GPS during the Kargil War and therefore India decided to launch the IRNSS system. All I knew was that IRNSS system was being put into place. I was also not aware of the term NAVIC. Coming to “Technology Perspective and Capability Roadmap,” I don't have any details about it.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
I was not aware that the US denied India the use of its GPS during the Kargil War and therefore India decided to launch the IRNSS system. All I knew was that IRNSS system was being put into place. I was also not aware of the term NAVIC. Coming to “Technology Perspective and Capability Roadmap,” I don't have any details about it.
Nope, I'm talking about this.
The Indian Defence Ministry has already hinted that space warfare is a priority area till 2025 under “Technology Perspective and Capability Roadmap”. Its aims to assure key technology requirements of Indian Armed Forces and integrated warfare by reducing the risk in the battlefield with the capable system of delivering information on real time basis.
Seems that pakis keep more information about our build up than ourselves. :D

pmaitra

Nope, I'm talking about this.
Seems that pakis keep more information about our build up than ourselves. :D
Maybe.

I am interested in specifics though. The paragraph is pretty much vague.

Let me explain why, but before that, it would help if you read about the U-2 Incident.

Long story short, the U-2 plane, which was a high altitude spy aircraft, was to fly over the USSR and take photographs. On occasions, these flights had to be delayed due to bad weather. Now, high altitude aircraft won't have a problem flying over the clouds. It would have problems photographing the surface.

Now, coming to satellite imagery, how can we actively monitor the Himalayas or the Karakoram, if there are clouds? Is it possible to have FLIR type imaging devices on satellites that will also be accurate and free from distortion? I have my doubts.

That is why I am interested in more details. Now, given the amount of secrecy in this programme, I am not expecting a lot of details.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Suparco is the world's best space organization because 1) it is made in pakistan and most importantly 2) it is an islamic space organization create by allah for momeens! This should end any discussions against pakis, as '1)' is a sufficient condition for something to be the best and '2)' is a necessary condition, as this much is enough for something to be best for pakis!

First mission: 'Ghazwe -e- Chand' written in some arabian book, authored / dictated by some illiterate arab by hiring a jewish linguist.....so on and so forth......
One idiot on PDF told me that SUPERCO has a great record compared to ISRO.

Porkies are all set to be a No 1 natio. Of course in terrorism and failed state index.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Suparco employee killed
A man was killed while other injured while resisting a robbery bid at Suparco Road in the limits of Mubina Town police station. Police said Idrees, 35, was shot dead while Faisal Abbas, 25, was injured due to firing at their car having government number plate GP-3003 by the two accused riding on a motorbike in a robbery attempt. The victims, employees of the Suparco, were carrying cash in the car.
One of the accused was also injured due to the firing by security guard nearby. He was later identified as Ali Asad son of Imran while other managed to flee. Police also seized a TT pistol from the accused's possession. The victims were moved to Liaquat National Hospital.

charlie

Country flag
Maybe.

I am interested in specifics though. The paragraph is pretty much vague.

Let me explain why, but before that, it would help if you read about the U-2 Incident.

Long story short, the U-2 plane, which was a high altitude spy aircraft, was to fly over the USSR and take photographs. On occasions, these flights had to be delayed due to bad weather. Now, high altitude aircraft won't have a problem flying over the clouds. It would have problems photographing the surface.

Now, coming to satellite imagery, how can we actively monitor the Himalayas or the Karakoram, if there are clouds? Is it possible to have FLIR type imaging devices on satellites that will also be accurate and free from distortion? I have my doubts.

That is why I am interested in more details. Now, given the amount of secrecy in this programme, I am not expecting a lot of details.
well the sensor exist like FLIR type imagining but again don't know if it's on any satellites it's called WAMI

I posted this video many times in the forum, it has a day and night infrared sensor and multiple agency can use a single platform with different point of interest.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles