Sukhoi Su-35 Flanker-E

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
In this logic, all weaponary in the world bulit so far are copied of China's weapon since China invented fire powder and guns
Which is why China is largest producer of counterfeited goods in modern world. Not too forget it forms a good part of chinese GDP.

Last edited:

J20!

Country flag
LCA is fine, its not based on stolen tech.

J20 is based on stolen tech. Lets wait for WS15 to work first. Then we can call it a plane. Then we can say you are at least competent at copying.
Is that why it basically looks like a Mirage?
What stolen tech. Jealousy will get you nowhere... I havent seen any fifth gen fighter that looks like the J20. Or have you seen any 5th gen canard dellta fighters around?.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
What is te deal? Buy one copy 100? Russians are bloody fools if they sell.

tony4562

Tihar Jail
Banned
It is chinese fanboys posting only photos of their defence equipment without official specifications still claiming its capability and now they refuse to acknowledge visual analysis? Way to go! :lol:
Whether J20 is a super hero or a giant-sized lemon, matters little so long India's own stealth fighter project can't fly off the drawng board. The simple truth is China has been test-flying an aircraft, widely regarded as a 5th generation type, since Jan 10, 2010 and has since made closer to 100 flights. Meanwhile India's involvement in a stealth fighter project is still limited to haggling with the Russians regarding India's participation in the PAK-FA project. The same applies to numerous other things where we can debate all day long whether China's achievement is 1 or 10. With India being a solid zero and merely watching on the sideline, the outcome from such debate really is inconsequential.

The behavior by the indians regarding China's achivement reminds me of a dear friend from my college time who always tends to know my GPA better than myself.

Apollyon

Führer
Country flag
China has been test-flying an aircraft, widely regarded as a 5th generation type, since Jan 10, 2010 and has since made closer to 100 flights.
What's your definition of a fifth generation fighter ...that merely looks like one ... :lol:
the most important aspect of a 5th gen fighter is state-of-art avionics and sensor suite ...have you heard of passive stealth ...there's much more to a 5th Gen Fighter than just VLO Shaping ... :lol:
you guys just brag about your military products merely because they "Look Good" ...no one knows what's inside those Looking Good Next Gen Weapons .....

Last edited:

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Originally Posted by tony4562
China has been test-flying an aircraft, widely regarded as a 5th generation type, since Jan 10, 2010 and has since made closer to 100 flights.
hope you guys break the record of JF-17, as fasted produced aircraft from first test flight to production.

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
Whether J20 is a super hero or a giant-sized lemon, matters little so long India's own stealth fighter project can't fly off the drawng board. The simple truth is China has been test-flying an aircraft, widely regarded as a 5th generation type, since Jan 10, 2010 and has since made closer to 100 flights. Meanwhile India's involvement in a stealth fighter project is still limited to haggling with the Russians regarding India's participation in the PAK-FA project. The same applies to numerous other things where we can debate all day long whether China's achievement is 1 or 10. With India being a solid zero and merely watching on the sideline, the outcome from such debate really is inconsequential.

The behavior by the indians regarding China's achivement reminds me of a dear friend from my college time who always tends to know my GPA better than myself.
This is not about India. This is about China buying aircraft from Russia when its 50 cent army is busy preaching internet about self-sufficiency of Chinese industry and how China is superior to Russia.

tony4562

Tihar Jail
Banned
What's your definition of a fifth generation fighter ...that merely looks like one ... :lol:
the most important aspect of a 5th gen fighter is state-of-art avionics and sensor suite ...have you heard of passive stealth ...there's much more to a 5th Gen Fighter than just VLO Shaping ... :lol:
you guys just brag about your military products merely because they "Look Good" ...no one knows what's inside those Looking Good Next Gen Weapons .....
So what, J20 may or may not be a 5th gen fighter, but at least Jan's, Flight Int'l and a whole bunch others think so, Those guys are certainly a lot more credible than you or me. Yes, J20 may only be 5th gen in looks,we don't know, but we do know for sure that at the moment India does not have anything to play with. I know you will point at PAK-FA, but right now it is pure russian and PAK-FA is no more 5th gen fighter than J20 is. J20 has at least plenty of stealth features, the same however can not be said of PAK-FA.

tony4562

Tihar Jail
Banned
This is not about India. This is about China buying aircraft from Russia when its 50 cent army is busy preaching internet about self-sufficiency of Chinese industry and how China is superior to Russia.
I know. But it is your countrymen who upon reading the news, immediately jump to the conclusion (as predictable as ever) that J20 must be a lemon since China might buy Su35.
Russia's aviation industry is certainly still ahead of China, particularly in the experience department, but China definitely has more resources now and is catching up fast. How will J20 or the rumoured Su35 purchase pan out? We don't know but we'll see.

Apollyon

Führer
Country flag
J20 has at least plenty of stealth features, the same however can not be said of PAK-FA.
:pound: :pound:
what "other plenty of stealth features" ...other than VLO shaping .... :lol:
NO 5th gen jet Engine
NO AESA
heck God knows about Sensors, Avionics and Jammers .... :lol:

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
I know. But it is your countrymen who upon reading the news, immediately jump to the conclusion (as predictable as ever) that J20 must be a lemon since China might buy Su35.
That is because 50cent army has spent months to tell my countrymen about how China is self-sufficient in aviation industry. One should be ready to face eggs if the bubble of capability boasting loses air.

Russia's aviation industry is certainly still ahead of China, particularly in the experience department, but China definitely has more resources now and is catching up fast. How will J20 or the rumoured Su35 purchase pan out? We don't know but we'll see.
I wonder if other Chinese posters will agree with you on bold part. Badguy has always been exception.

tony4562

Tihar Jail
Banned
Really?

Who evidenced you about that?
For us untrained people, it's pretty obvious, Dr Carlo Kopp and a bunch of so-called experts also think so. But I do agree it's still just looks. How is J20 or PAK-FA's stealthness compared with J22 or J35, I guess unless you are a radar evasion expert, your judgement is as good as mine.

tony4562

Tihar Jail
Banned
:pound: :pound:
what "other plenty of stealth features" ...other than VLO shaping .... :lol:
NO 5th gen jet Engine
NO AESA
heck God knows about Sensors, Avionics and Jammers .... :lol:
Are you working on the J20 project right now, or else how could you be so sure? Even if they are not there yet, how could you be so sure that they won't be available in due time? PAK-FA too isn't flying with an AESA or a 5th gen engine either, are you going to automatically dismiss PAK-FA as purely a 4th gen fighter in disguise?

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
But I do agree it's still just looks.
Oh! Moment of realization! And you found it fair to contest my this post earlier?

It is chinese fanboys posting only photos of their defence equipment without official specifications still claiming its capability and now they refuse to acknowledge visual analysis? Way to go! :lol:
--

your judgement is as good as mine.
No, we are not here with prejudiced mindset during technical discussion.

tony4562

Tihar Jail
Banned
That is because 50cent army has spent months to tell my countrymen about how China is self-sufficient in aviation industry. One should be ready to face eggs if the bubble of capability boasting loses air.

I wonder if other Chinese posters will agree with you on bold part. Badguy has always been exception.
Please refrain from referring to others as 50 cents army. This is a forum targeting indian nationalists, hardly a worthy target for the so-called 50 cents army. If they were to waste their time here, I'm sure they would not even collect a single cent from their supervisors.

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
Please refrain from referring to others as 50 cents army.
Shouldn't bother you when you are not being named.

50cent army exists & nationalists all over the internet including this forum will do everything to bust their propaganda.

tony4562

Tihar Jail
Banned
Oh! Moment of realization! And you found it fair to contest my this post earlier?

--

No, we are not here with prejudiced mindset during technical discussion.
Both Russia and China are testing something that resemble a stealth 5th generation fighter, whether they are fakes or not, we don't know and we won't find out anytime soon. But we do know for sure that India at the moment does not even possess something that looks like one, so case closed. Any more attempt to link Su35 with J20 would be waste of time, case thus closed.

Apollyon

Führer
Country flag
(1)China is still interested in the BEST(remember,it has to be the BEST)engine tech that Russsia has to offer。
coming out of the mouth of a chinese who always says Russian Products are JUNK ..... :laugh:
or you are trying to convey that Russian JUNK is the BEST available to Chicoms.... :confused: .... :lol:

(2)China hasn't yet built up enough capacity to satisfy the huge volumes demanded of the SW-10 and its variants for J-11B、J11-BS、J-15、J-16、J-10B etc。China also needs replacement engines for its older fleets of Su-27s,J-11As、Su-30MKKs and Su-30MK2s。
J-11BS, J-15, J-16 ( ... think it's just a PV ... :confused:)....all COPIED Russian Junk ...even Avionics and Radar ...only ORIGINAL is Chinese Flat Panel inside Cockpit ....:laugh:

The need will be there only for the next 3-5 years。 Instead of indulging itself in wild goose chasing,Russia should get a move on and seize this last opportunity before it disappears into emptiness
:rofl::rofl:
First get a Fully Operational WS-10 ...with a Thrust-to-Weight ratio comparable to a 80's Turbofan ..... :lol:

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
Both Russia and China are testing something that resemble a stealth 5th generation fighter, whether they are fakes or not, we don't know and we won't find out anytime soon. But we do know for sure that India at the moment does not even possess something that looks like one
Even Iranians claim they have 5th gen fighter and then display mockups that looks like one. It does not reflect any merit.

so case closed. Any more attempt to link Su35 with J20 would be waste of time, case thus closed.
I will not link Su35 with J20 but will definitely associate this development with chinese aviation industry which is not self-sufficient, a big myth-buster for all chinese people who claim otherwise.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles