Sukhoi Su-35 Flanker-E

JHA

Su 30 MKI is the topmost plane of Su-30 series with inputs from india,israel and france along with russia...
No doubt Su-35 seems marginally better than Flankers but lets not forget that after the latest upgrade it will be more or, less comparable to Su-35..
Plus a new plane will bring its own share of problems with it..we have developed expertise in flying Su-30MKI . A new plane will require separate training program for the pilots.

And the biggest factor is ECONOMY..We are not at the liberty of buying every candy in the market..Our whole armed force needs modernization which also includes NAVY and ARMY...
We dont have so deep pockets to fulfill every fan boy dream...

JHA

well sir i am against more number of su30mki while we can get more advance su35 plane as you know china also has su30mkk

and you are talking about
pak-fa
mmrca
lca

they will take time well i hope you know we are losing our squn.. numbers and mirrage and mig21 and mig29 are getting old how many time we will upgrade them with in 5 years we have to them
So making Su-35 will not take time..they will come in a flash..?? Like order them and they will be ready...?
Has HAL the required resources to make so many planes..?

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
The Su-30mki need to get the Novator Long range missile plus to overcome the fall in squadron strength force multipliers such as AWACS and early warning radars are good measure.
It can be used with present radar BARS, besides BARS in older MKIS we are about to get or we already have IBRIS-E..
The delay in MRCA caused IAF to increase MKI nos..

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
well sir i am against more number of su30mki while we can get more advance su35 plane as you know china also has su30mkk
Su30MKI is good enough for our needs. It is better than Chinese Su30mkk and after the ongoing upgrades, it will be even better and will be close to Su-35 standards. We will have close to 230 Su-30MKIs (or even more) in few years and they will be enough in quantity to face both China and Pakistan. Adding one more type of aircraft like Su-35 will make a nightmare of logistics.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
The MKI is widely regarded as the export version of the Su35. India is well set with the MKI. The Su35 was offered to india about 40 of then as interim to MRCA. India rejected and instead soon ordered 40 more MKIs. The Su35 does not provide any major leap in technology that warrants a change in platform. All that's on it can be incorporated into the MKI.

JBH22

The Su-30 Mki (Owners Pride and Neighbours Envy) is the best in aircraft in subcontinent and if Indians can do wonders with flying coffins Mig-21 imagine what they can do with Su-30mki.I say let the MRCA come in modernise the existing fleet and maintain a credible deterrent.

SHASH2K2

I am completely against acquisition of SU35 . They are both almost of same weight class. If they have some improvements in avionics and RADAR that can also be incorporated in SU30 MKI . why should we go for a completely new aircraft which will be a logistical nightmare.

sandeepdg

Our Fighter aircrafts will include

FGFA/PAK-FA
Su-30
MRCA
LCA
Mig 29
Mirage

Now you want to add one more type in the list...??
Mate, both Mig-29 and Mirage 2000s will be phased out once PAK-FA and MCA are inducted into the IAF. The IAF startegy is 3 tier:

light combat: LCA Mark1/2
medium combat: MRCA, MCA
heavy combat: SU-30 MKI (upgraded to SU-35 standards)

sandeepdg

The SU-35 will be a waste of money ! Almost all upgrades that it has can be integrated in the SU-30 MKI, like the AESA radar (probably ZHUK-AE) and Saturn 117S engines being the most notable upgrades. Other than that it has longer range, which can be increased on the MKI with inflight refueling, so not a big deal and some advanced avionics which again can be worker out for the MKI.

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
It would be much better to buy MiG-35s to extend MiG-29 squadrons then Su-35s.

What IAF needs right now are 1) a cheap, lightweight air defense platform with some multirole capabilities (being fulfilled by our LCA) and 2) a medium-weight multirole platform with good ground strike capabilities.

The latter is being fulfilled by MMCRA, but it would not hurt to purchase some MiG-35s separately and let Rafale win the contract. Our MiG-27s (and soon, our Jaguars) need to be replaced.

SHASH2K2

It would be much better to buy MiG-35s to extend MiG-29 squadrons then Su-35s.

What IAF needs right now are 1) a cheap, lightweight air defense platform with some multirole capabilities (being fulfilled by our LCA) and 2) a medium-weight multirole platform with good ground strike capabilities.

The latter is being fulfilled by MMCRA, but it would not hurt to purchase some MiG-35s separately and let Rafale win the contract. Our MiG-27s (and soon, our Jaguars) need to be replaced.
It will be a logistical nightmare to have so many varieties of planes in our arsenal. smaller the merrier.

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
It will be a logistical nightmare to have so many varieties of planes in our arsenal. smaller the merrier.
MiG-35 is very similar to our MiG-29, and Rafale is very similar to our Mirage 2000.

I don't think either of them will give IAF logistic crews too much of a headache?

But you definitely have a point about too much varieties of aircraft, which is why I am opposed to F-16/18 or Typhoon entering the IAF.

SHASH2K2

MiG-35 is very similar to our MiG-29, and Rafale is very similar to our Mirage 2000.

I don't think either of them will give IAF logistic crews too much of a headache?

But you definitely have a point about too much varieties of aircraft, which is why I am opposed to F-16/18 or Typhoon entering the IAF.
Though I donot support F18 but do you have any answer to AESA Radar and Electronic warfare suite of F18 ? answer is NO .

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
Though I donot support F18 but do you have any answer to AESA Radar and Electronic warfare suite of F18 ? answer is NO .
Doesn't MiG-35 also come with AESA radar (Zhuk something)??

Blackwater

Russia and China may soon sign a $4-bln contract on the delivery of 48 Sukhoi Su-35 Flanker-E fighter jets to the Chinese air force, Russia's Kommersant business daily said on Tuesday.
"The sides have practically agreed on the delivery of 48 Su-35 multirole fighters, worth $4 billion, to China," Kommersant said citing a source in the Russian defense industry.
According to the paper, the only obstacle remaining is Moscow's demand that Beijing should guarantee the protection of copyrights on the production of Su-35s without proper licensing.
"Moscow is not only aiming to ensure its presence on the Chinese [combat aircraft] market, but also attempting to prevent the potential copycat production of Russian aircraft for subsequent sales to third parties with predatory pricing," a Russian government source told Kommesant.

China has a record of building advanced combat aircraft based on Russian and other foreign designs, and relied almost entirely on copies of Soviet designs :lol:

The Chinese Chengdu J-10 fighter is based heavily on the cancelled Israeli Lavi fighter demonstrator, the Shenyang J-11 is a replica of the Su-30 Flanker-C, and the Chinese/Pakistani Chengdu FC-1 uses Russian engines and other technology from the MiG-29. The J-15 is a Chinese-built derivate of the Sukhoi T-10K-3, a carrier-borne fighter prototype which China acquired from Ukraine.
The Su-35, powered by two 117S engines with thrust vectoring, combines high maneuverability and the capability to effectively engage several air targets simultaneously using both guided and unguided missiles and weapon systems.
The aircraft has been touted as "4++ generation using fifth-generation technology."

http://en.rian.ru/world/20120306/171780246.html

Last edited:

Blackwater

I think chini didt copy J10,11,12,13,14,15,16 properly. They need more material to copy to perfection:lol::lol::lol::lol:

nimo_cn

Country flag
I think chini didt copy J10,11,12,13,14,15,16 properly. They need more material to copy to perfection:lol::lol::lol::lol:
I will be interested to know what you are gonna say if China doesn't buy SU-35.

badguy2000

Respected Member
Then i will say, china has already copied SU-35.. isn't that interesting?? nimo:drool::drool::drool::drool:
RUssia has incentive to blah "China would buy my ...."
China also has incentive to keep silence....

However, judging from the past, the possibility of the deal is quite limited....let's wait and see.

nimo_cn

Country flag
Then i will say, china has already copied SU-35.. isn't that interesting?? nimo:drool::drool::drool::drool:
Yes, it is funny, Just as I have expected, you are simply making cheap sho.

But how to copy a plane without having one at hand? If China is able to accomplish that, why would China import it for the purpose of copying?

It is sad that with so many senior professionals here at this forum, no one finds out Russians might be bluffing.

Do you know what is the most tricky part of this article?
According to the paper, the only obstacle remaining is Moscow's demand that Beijing should guarantee the protection of copyrights on the production of Su-35s without proper licensing.

If you were smart enough, you could have sensed that Russians are making up stories. This is a hint that Russian might be lying.

There is no indication suggesting PLA is interested in Su35, Everyone knows it is not a potent aircraft, Indians know it ( you knocked it out of the contest at the very beginning), so do we. But Russians have to sell it for cash, obviously they are in desperate need of it. With it being rejected by India, Su35 is having a very unpredictable future in the international market. So the faiths of potential customers need to salvaged, that is why this mysterious deal is timely disclosed by Russians. China is always a good case for promotion, for both good stuff and bad stuff.

However a bluff is always a bluff, what if China never imports Su35 or publicly dismisses the existence of that deal? That would be a disaster for the crediblity of Russian weapon dealers, isn't it? But it seems they have everything prepared, the potential IP violation mentioned in this article is set up for that crisis. Soon they will claim that the deal isn't approved because Russia and China faill to reach an agreement over the IP issue. Simply smart!

Well, I am just joking, whoever disagrees with this joke can just ignore it.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles