Sukhoi Su 30MKI

IBRIS

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Defence minister Nirmala Sitharaman undertook a sortie in Indian Air Force’s Sukhoi-30 MKI aircraft on January 17, 2018. The country’s first woman defence minister described the 30-minute sotie as ‘wonderful’. Donning the pilot’s G-suit, the minister sat in the rear seat behind the pilot in the cockpit of the frontline combat jet which took off from the Jodhpur air base. (HT )
m.hindustantimes.com/videos/india-news/defence-minister-nirmala-sitharaman-flies-in-iaf-s-combat-jet-sukhoi-30-mki/video-yKL0Ptc3U3d9FWUOIzrhIJ.html

Pulkit

Satyameva Jayate "Truth Alone Triumphs"
Country flag
Sukhois in Chandigarh this is a daily occurrence where you would see C-17, IL-78MKI, Su-30MKI, Mig-29 making daily training sorties.
Being in CHD unable to witness this makes me sad ... :( :( :( :(

blackhawk_80

Sukhoi 30 MKI is a long-range, high-endurance, heavy-class Air Dominance Fighter with multi mission capabilities. It is currently the most advanced version of Flanker series anywhere in the world.

Su-30 series were a logical upgrade over the Su-27 produced in the USSR

It gives its operator, the Indian Air Force, a capability that will remain unmatched by all rivals for the forseeable future.

Summary from Vayusena
---
Indian Air Force will raise four more squadrons of Su-30 MKI fighter Codenamed 'Flying Lancers' in Punjab along the Pakistan border.

A new $3.5-billion deal for 40 Super Sukhoi fighter aircraft will be signed between India and Russia. The fighters will be delivered by 2014-2015

Summary of recent news

---

Link to older thread http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/indian-air-force/1363-su-30-mki-116.html
What onboard radar is installed on Su-30 MKI?

Vikas Bawa

Halwara is close to my hometown just 25 km. So I watch them every day mostly they do shooting practice in a near by shooting range named Sodiwal village which is also just 15 km from my hometown n I got a chance to visit that shooting range twice

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Nope, the orders are 272 including the last order for 2 more squads + replacements of lost fighters. These 42 are already in production and delivery starts from 2019 onwards.
Company sources told Business Standard they are concerned about HAL’s dwindling order book, with the Sukhoi-30MKI production line at Nashik – its main cash cow – having almost completed delivery of the 222 fighters ordered by the Indian Air Force (IAF).

Priced at over Rs 5 billion each, HAL has barely 30-32 Sukhoi-30s left to build, and those will be delivered by 2020-end. With little progress on the India-Russia proposal to develop, and then manufacture, the eponymous Fifth Generation Fighter Aircraft (FGFA) at Nashik, the future of the Sukhoi-30 production line is uncertain.

http://www.business-standard.com/ar...over-dwindling-order-book-118040201077_1.html

Anikastha

DEEP STATE
Country flag
Halwara is close to my hometown just 25 km. So I watch them every day mostly they do shooting practice in a near by shooting range named Sodiwal village which is also just 15 km from my hometown n I got a chance to visit that shooting range twice
We have a naval firing range here in Visakhapatnam near Endada. When I visited that range gaurds told me to fcuk off .

tharun

Patriot
Country flag
Company sources told Business Standard they are concerned about HAL’s dwindling order book, with the Sukhoi-30MKI production line at Nashik – its main cash cow – having almost completed delivery of the 222 fighters ordered by the Indian Air Force (IAF).
Why concern they can re furbish the Su-30MKI with new systems that made in india rather than importing from russia.
This will keep the line operational.

Pulkit

Satyameva Jayate "Truth Alone Triumphs"
Country flag
Just go towards Zirakpur & sit for a day. You will see a few
haha.... actually i just need to sit at home for that, i live very close by..... but you cannot witness that on regular basis

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles