Sukhoi Su 30MKI

Steven Rogers

NaPakiRoaster
Country flag
i wish if we had F15 instead of su30 we would have been unbeatable,
infact govt should have ordered it in place of rafale
Indian airforce couldn't afford 1 crash every year. With F15, forgot license production let alone tot(and bend to sign CISMOA and BECA) . Su30 is kinematic superior than F15, has already brought better tot than any other deal. F15 is mrca and only until Israelis used it for strike mission, it was an air superiority, IAF requirements for mrca was Medium multirole "strike" aircraft.

Sent from my Aqua Ace II using Tapatalk

Kshithij

DharmaYoddha
Indian airforce couldn't afford 1 crash every year. With F15, forgot license production let alone tot(and bend to sign CISMOA and BECA) . Su30 is kinematic superior than F15, has already brought better tot than any other deal. F15 is mrca and only until Israelis used it for strike mission, it was an air superiority, IAF requirements for mrca was Medium multirole "strike" aircraft.

Why are you fixated with the word "Medium"? Can you explain the definition?

lcafanboy

Country flag
i wish if we had F15 instead of su30 we would have been unbeatable,
infact govt should have ordered it in place of rafale
SU 30MKIs are much better than F15s. They are BEAST, BOMB TRUCK and just 1 or 2 Squadron will bring Porkistan to its Knees.

BTW do people know that su30mki can carry Brahmos missiles and that too clocking Mach 1.2 speed, now try it with F-15 it will be bitting the dust.

Steven Rogers

NaPakiRoaster
Country flag
Why are you fixated with the word "Medium"? Can you explain the definition?
Yeah why not...im not the heaviest guy in my class, neither the lightest, and I fall bw them thus I'm in the mid weight category and can't be called as either lightest or heaviest.

Kshithij

DharmaYoddha
SU 30MKIs are much better than F15s. They are BEAST, BOMB TRUCK and just 1 or 2 Squadron will bring Porkistan to its Knees.

BTW do people know that su30mki can carry Brahmos missiles and that too clocking Mach 1.2 speed, now try it with F-15 it will be bitting the dust.
Su30 is also heavily Indigenous. India can make its own spares. If India develops its engines and radars, it can also make entire Su30 on its own.

But 1-2 squadrons are not enough to do anything. You are crazy to think that way. Hundreds of squadrons are needed

vikata

Country flag

but sukhoi has maintenance nightmare and low availability rate ,which F15 does not faces
and F15 have pretty enviable record
i mean if india would have the money and the good relation with the USA wouLd not it had dumped su 30 for F15

gadeshi

but sukhoi has maintenance nightmare and low availability rate ,which F15 does not faces
and F15 have pretty enviable record
i mean if india would have the money and the good relation with the USA wouLd not it had dumped su 30 for F15
This is not the flaw of Su-30MKI but a guilt of IAF liasion services.

Отправлено с моего XT1080 через Tapatalk

Steven Rogers

NaPakiRoaster
Country flag
This is not the flaw of Su-30MKI but a guilt of IAF liasion services.

That's a guilt of Russian poor supply chain. Hopefully now spares aren't problem and fleet have touched the 65 percent availability and will be touching 75 percent after super 30 upgrade

gadeshi

That's a guilt of Russian poor supply chain. Hopefully now spares aren't problem and fleet have touched the 65 percent availability and will be touching 75 percent after super 30 upgrade

So why neither Chinese nore Malaisians, nor Algerians or Kazachs or Russian VKS and Navy don't suffer these problems with their Su-30s? :)

Sancho

So why neither Chinese nore Malaisians, nor Algerians or Kazachs or Russian VKS and Navy don't suffer these problems with their Su-30s? :)

Just because they won't get reported, doesn't meant they don't exist. Remember Malaysia has deep trouble with their Mig 29s for maintenance and repairs and was not ready to buy more MKMs either.
India has a very free and open media, not to mention a resonably transparent reporting from the MoD as part of democratic procedures, which makes it easier to follow things, than in other countries. But I do consider it to be a problem from both sides, limited spare procurement on the Indian side, lack of spare supply from the Russian side as well. The earlier was dealt to an extend by former DM Parrikar and with the agreement on the performance based logistics, the Russian side will be held more accountable too. Not to mention that the more Russian systems get replaced by Indian once, the easier it gets to maintain and repair things for IAF, which is an ongoing process for the MKI as well.

tejas warrior

Country flag
In Lok Sabha. The below information given by RRM Subhash Bhamre in a written reply to Prof Saugata Roy and Innocent today.
@akananth

Sidd

How? Any fresh order after the 83 ?

Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk
There is no other way out. IAF needs to have at least 672 combat aircraft by 2030 to maintain 32 Sq strength.
Supposing all 394 Migs are retired by then & add another 95 Jags.
IAF would have just 357 aircrafts ( 272 Su-30,51 Mirage,36 Rafale)
Now assuming IAF orders 10 Sq of Tejas(210 nos, assuming production capacity of 18 per year )
IAF would have just 567 aircrafts(27 Sq) - 5 sq short of 32 sq strength.

Pulkit

Satyameva Jayate "Truth Alone Triumphs"
Country flag
]
There is no other way out. IAF needs to have at least 672 combat aircraft by 2030 to maintain 32 Sq strength.
Supposing all 394 Migs are retired by then & add another 95 Jags.
IAF would have just 357 aircrafts ( 272 Su-30,51 Mirage,36 Rafale)
Now assuming IAF orders 10 Sq of Tejas(210 nos, assuming production capacity of 18 per year )
IAF would have just 567 aircrafts(27 Sq) - 5 sq short of 32 sq strength.
We need 42 Squad not 32.
There is a high possibility of another Tejas Assembly line once 1A is in picture by 2019 which might see a rise in numbers by 2025.
Su 30MKI can be ordered further.
Possibility of Mk2 by 2025 in manufacturing is also there so i see atleast 20 Squad of Tejas ordered.
We have PakFA, AMCA also floating in the same timeline around 2025-2030.
So if everything goes well we will have 42 squads by 2035 not any time soon. :(

Sidd

]

We need 42 Squad not 32.
There is a high possibility of another Tejas Assembly line once 1A is in picture by 2019 which might see a rise in numbers by 2025.
Possibility of Mk2 by 2025 in manufacturing is also there so i see atleast 20 Squad of Tejas ordered.
I know about all this...My calculation is all based on realistic scenario; average production rate of 18 aircraft is after adding another 3rd production line(2nd is hawk production line)
Though their is chance of..Of the shelf buy of some Su57...Difficult though
AMCA production might start after 2030 or really late 20s..

Saichand K

Country flag
]

We need 42 Squad not 32.
As per wikipedia page, number of Su-30MKI ordered are 314.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Russians fly.
In combat conditions as well.
Maybe, Chinese also.

The Russians don't get nearly as many flight hours except the "grandfather" pilots, the junior pilots don't even get enough to pass air safety requirements. We have no idea how many Chinese aircraft actually crash.

gadeshi

The Russians don't get nearly as many flight hours except the "grandfather" pilots, the junior pilots don't even get enough to pass air safety requirements. We have no idea how many Chinese aircraft actually crash.
Russians fly 150hrs a year in tactical aviation (generic pilots) and up to 300hrs for 1-St Class and Snipers.
Army aviation and Strategic Forces fly even more.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Russians fly 150hrs a year in tactical aviation (generic pilots) and up to 300hrs for 1-St Class and Snipers.
Army aviation and Strategic Forces fly even more.

That is not average, that is for "grandfather" pilots who hog all the hours. Junior pilots are left begging for scraps.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles